Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-08-26

ysutarko Wrote:how do you add log off menu to home screen and also add a toggle to hide log off button. i have 2nd profile for my kids, and i just want to have movies, play disc and log off button

Power --> LogOff

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:There actually already appears to be a randomitems script which is way more sophisticated than mine. I'll see if this can be made to work for our needs!

Looking at this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378 - think it does what you want (e.g. can filter unwatched movies) - might need some work to add genres.
Looks like there are 3 options:
1) My short script for random movie - Pro: lightweight Con: requires users to install new script, no filter for genres or unwatched movies
2) Use script.randommitems - Pro: includes unwatched filter Con: not really designed to run on an on-demand basis
3) I create custom version of my script including functionality from script.randommitems - Pro: can add genre selection, make it work in way that suits the skin Con: needs more of my time, requires users to install new script.

If we want the skin to be totally amazing, then 3) may be the way to go...

- butchabay - 2011-08-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Looks like there are 3 options:
1) My short script for random movie - Pro: lightweight Con: requires users to install new script, no filter for genres or unwatched movies
2) Use script.randommitems - Pro: includes unwatched filter Con: not really designed to run on an on-demand basis
3) I create custom version of my script including functionality from script.randommitems - Pro: can add genre selection, make it work in way that suits the skin Con: needs more of my time, requires users to install new script.

Yep, take your time ... i agree, option 3 would be fantastic !

- gecko666 - 2011-08-26

Really excited for the upcoming update.

Anyway I have a few problems hopefully easily fixable. I use Fanart view for movies, please refer to screenshots below:

-the Duration part and the star thingy (I think this is the IMDB Top 250 rating) are overlapped, what could be done here? tried disabling it but could not find an option to do so, although being able to move it somewhere at the bottom would be better, say inbetween the rating and studio?

-second thing is about the Trailer Flag, which is somehow not aligned properly to the top

-I have trailers set to play in the Fanart frame, thing is the trailer filename is displayed as well, which is not ideal, anyway to remove that?

- htpc guy - 2011-08-26

gecko666 Wrote:Really excited for the upcoming update.

Anyway I have a few problems hopefully easily fixable. I use Fanart view for movies, please refer to screenshots below:

-the Duration part and the star thingy (I think this is the IMDB Top 250 rating) are overlapped, what could be done here? tried disabling it but could not find an option to do so, although being able to move it somewhere at the bottom would be better, say inbetween the rating and studio?

-second thing is about the Trailer Flag, which is somehow not aligned properly to the top

-I have trailers set to play in the Fanart frame, thing is the trailer filename is displayed as well, which is not ideal, anyway to remove that?

I'm guessing you use ember mm. I had the same issue. Fire up ember and check out the duration box. Just keep the number and get rid of the extra stuff. Then refresh the movie in xbmc. Had to do this for almost my entire library.

- butchabay - 2011-08-26

gecko666 Wrote:Really excited for the upcoming update.

1. As HTPC Guy said, you need to setup EMM
2. Can't reproduce this, the trailer flag is aligned the right way (maybe you should check your resolution in xbmc settings)
Someone else having this problem ? Anyway you can disable the trailer flag so just the label "Trailer" will appear.
3. Have to think about, i find it useful to see what's playing.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Looks like there are 3 options:

Option 3 sounds great, the ability to watch a random "genre" from my "unwatched" movies is dam sexy! If you fancy a comedy or a thriller is as simple as grab pop corn, press el_p's random movie generator Big Grin

I like that as a feature and I guarantee it's implemented else we here after el_p finishes it as that has to be a desirable feature for those with large movie collections or kids... Now instead of searching for films for the kids I can just tell the kids to hit One button.

Downside is it will take your personal time up, but the positive side is it'll probably be pumped into many other skins and be a very popular addon for may HTPC users who will really appreciate the fruits of your hard work. I know I do Nod

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-26

Guys,

We need to think about how we want to trigger this option.

I've been working (very little) on a pop-up menu, which is essentially an additional context menu for the selected movie.

It seems to me that the "play random movie" option doesn't quite fit in there, because it's not related to the selected movie.

Any ideas/thoughts about the best way to add it?

el_P

- gecko666 - 2011-08-26

butchabay Wrote:1. As HTPC Guy said, you need to setup EMM
2. Can't reproduce this, the trailer flag is aligned the right way (maybe you should check your resolution in xbmc settings)
Someone else having this problem ? Anyway you can disable the trailer flag so just the label "Trailer" will appear.
3. Have to think about, i find it useful to see what's playing.

1. Thanks I will take care of first problem with EMM.

2. Not sure what resolution you're talking about, the zoom is set to 0%, I'm running XBMC on my PC so the resolution is same as monitor 1920x1200. For now I will keep the flag off but would love to have it displayed correctly.

3. Well since it's bugging only me it seems perhaps you could tell me how and what xml file to edit to remove that?

- SamHill - 2011-08-26

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Guys,

We need to think about how we want to trigger this option.

I've been working (very little) on a pop-up menu, which is essentially an additional context menu for the selected movie.

It seems to me that the "play random movie" option doesn't quite fit in there, because it's not related to the selected movie.

Any ideas/thoughts about the best way to add it?

el_P

What about on the main menu. On the horizontal menu for example, select movie, push up and have "Play Random". Just a thought.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-26

SamHill Wrote:What about on the main menu. On the horizontal menu for example, select movie, push up and have "Play Random". Just a thought.

That's a good idea, seems logical Nod

Or it could be added into the "latest films" section on the home screen as the 7th movie? ... I think I prefer sams option though due to it's simplicity Big Grin

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-26

Tonight I made a black & orange theme for CE2.

Slideshow here: click me Image

I will wait until Butcha release 2.05 to see if he will have changed something with backgrounds files, and then send him the stuff if you and him are interested. In the slideshow it may look a bit brown, because I made the orange a bit darker on purpose to avoid a theme too flashy. And anyway on a LCD/Plasma TV which has much more luminosity than a PC, the orange is indeed more orange.
I use XBMC only for movies and TV Shows, so I don't have any idea about how my theme looks with music, pictures, games etc

As for textured theme, for now I give up. I give you anyway 2 textured home menus that you can use, by downloading and copying the one you want in the "media" folder of CE2
Please backup the original horzmenuback.png before overwriting it!

First one:

Second one:

Cheers

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-27

SamHill Wrote:What about on the main menu. On the horizontal menu for example, select movie, push up and have "Play Random". Just a thought.

I am not a programmer, but can a script be compiled as a plugin?

this way it would be easy to add it the movie/submenu then

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-27

Yes, this seems the most sensible place - I'll keep it separate from the pop-up context menu.

- MaxHeadroom - 2011-08-27

Help Please

Hi Guys - I had everything setup perfectly and thought I would add a playlist for start up (have never tried before). I created a playlist consisting of one mp3, added it to the path in settings and now when I open XBMC it opens to the silver cube thing video background with nothing else on screen and just sits there

Any ideas?