Kodi Community Forum
Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Android Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV (/showthread.php?tid=229348)

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dukester - 2016-12-05

(2016-12-03, 12:09)tcviper Wrote: Im actually testing again with Kodi 17 (beta 6 right now), so far test result on my X85C Sony AndroidTV (AndroidTV 5.1.1), HDMI ARC <> Sony DN1070 receiver:
- With Passthrough and AC3 enabled,... DTS movies play fine, receiver displays Dolby Tongue
-- However, movies with real AC3 (Dolby) 5.1 tracks don't play at all now and movies seem to stutter.
- With Passthrough disabled completely, everything plays but PCM 2.0 sound,
- With Passthrough enabled but everything off, DTS Movies play as AC3 again fine, the rest does not.

So basically, looks like it's only possible to play PCM 2.0 and DTS right now on the Sony's with Kodi 17 Sad
I Seriously hope they can fix/update this.

i just picked up a 2016 Sony TV, different CPU, Android 6.01 , ill let you know how that goes once it shows up in a couple days

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - CiNcH - 2016-12-05

Most probably not very good, see here.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - VirTERM - 2016-12-10

(2016-11-29, 06:54)D1Vad Wrote:
(2016-11-20, 22:44)VirTERM Wrote: [quote='Koying' pid='2456111' dateline='1479090157']
You have to disable "plain" mediacodec on spmc on Sony for best result.
And how about the rest of the config? Should it be like:

enable HQ scalers = never Huh
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec (Surface) = on
allow hardware acceleration - Mediacodec = off
accelerate MPEG2 = always Huh
accelerate MPEG4 = always Huh
accelerate h264 = always Huh

Thanks
Perhaps documenting recommended setup for an Android TV (no external box) would help people... Any suggestions? This is confusing, very confusing...Confused

RE: Help!!! Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - FoxADRIANO - 2016-12-12

DELETED - ERROR

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - zenji2010 - 2016-12-22

Hi,

Has anyone tried to use Hyperion on an Sony Android TV via an Arduino?

If so which USB port did you use? Smile

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - optico - 2016-12-22

Update not available in Play Store app on TV for SPMC 16.5.3 despite being available on Google play.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - Jeffers24 - 2016-12-23

Switched on TV this morning to message, 'Google Services stopped working' with an OK button.

Pressed OK told an update was available and installing it now.

I am in England.

EDIT update:-

Some minor Sony update, my TV is still at Android 5.1.1 :-(

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dukester - 2016-12-23

I can't get dts working on the newer chipped X750d either with latest kodi beta, I do get HDR playback, Is uhd resolutions working in Kodi on Sony TV? In the video settings it shows 1080p.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - herrde - 2016-12-23

How did you find out that your TV properly switched to HDR when using Kodi to watch your movie?

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dukester - 2016-12-23

(2016-12-23, 17:10)herrde Wrote: How did you find out that your TV properly switched to HDR when using Kodi to watch your movie?

Good question. Goto picture adjustment. You can see u are changing the "hdr" picture mode there. Same applies for Netflix.

with that said the TV doesnt have the computing power to do 4k60 HDR HEVC at anything above ~50-60MB/s bitrate.

SPMC also outputs dolby digital and DTS fine, FLAC audio files play with a slight buzz, mp3 is fine obviously.

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - rbrown3 - 2016-12-24

Greetings:

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask. If it isn't, someone please point me to the correct place? I haven't posted here very often...

Anyway, I have a Sony Android TV and was very happy to discover that there was a Kodi app that ran on it. I downloaded the app and, using the File Manager, was able to point the app to a shared folder that I have a lot of movies on (the movies are legally obtained and legal for my private use).

The shared folder is also used by a Kodi application that I am running on a dedicated PC. The PC has a full library of my movies and I can browse through movies and watch them without problems.

The TV, however, doesn't have the library. I can only browse through the File Manager. I can play the movies without problems, but only from the File Manager!

There are .nfo files with all of my movies (I export to.nfo files because it gives me more control over what I see on my PC). Unfortunately, my TV doesn't see any files when I try to view them outside the File Manager!

I am certain from reading this forum that there is some way to copy my movie info from my PC to my TV. I just don't know how to do it and I can't find any documentation on how to do it anywhere.

Can someone please advise on how to do this?

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dukester - 2016-12-24

(2016-12-24, 19:00)rbrown3 Wrote: Greetings:

I am not sure if this is the correct place to ask. If it isn't, someone please point me to the correct place? I haven't posted here very often...

Anyway, I have a Sony Android TV and was very happy to discover that there was a Kodi app that ran on it. I downloaded the app and, using the File Manager, was able to point the app to a shared folder that I have a lot of movies on (the movies are legally obtained and legal for my private use).

The shared folder is also used by a Kodi application that I am running on a dedicated PC. The PC has a full library of my movies and I can browse through movies and watch them without problems.

The TV, however, doesn't have the library. I can only browse through the File Manager. I can play the movies without problems, but only from the File Manager!

There are .nfo files with all of my movies (I export to.nfo files because it gives me more control over what I see on my PC). Unfortunately, my TV doesn't see any files when I try to view them outside the File Manager!

I am certain from reading this forum that there is some way to copy my movie info from my PC to my TV. I just don't know how to do it and I can't find any documentation on how to do it anywhere.

Can someone please advise on how to do this?

Browse to the folder and long press enter button to bring up menu then "set content" to movies, I think this is what u meant right?

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - rbrown3 - 2016-12-24

Something like that.

The problem is that I cannot seem to even get the list of movies. The video->file menu shows no files at all.

Once I see the movies (somehow), there will be the problem of getting the system to read the .nfo files and properly set the movie information. There seems to be no way to do that, either...

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - dukester - 2016-12-25

(2016-12-24, 22:43)rbrown3 Wrote: Something like that.

The problem is that I cannot seem to even get the list of movies. The video->file menu shows no files at all.

Once I see the movies (somehow), there will be the problem of getting the system to read the .nfo files and properly set the movie information. There seems to be no way to do that, either...

Can't u use add source and point it to your network share?

RE: Sony Bravia Smart TVs (2015) based on Android TV - rbrown3 - 2016-12-25

But that is what I did. I wet to the file manager and pointed it to my network share. Is there another source I should know about?