Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-24, 09:49)shaktoo Wrote: Hi Komet ! I am a new user and am greatly impressed but there are a few things that I would like to request.
1- Media Folder Monitoring ---meaning ME running in background as a service ( hopefully commandline .. but thats not available ATM I know). So any new media ( movie / tv show ) would trigger a........
2- Auto scraping : as ME is monitoring folders so a new addition to the folders triggers a scrape automatically both for movies & Tv Shows
3- Also Please add support for scraping "folder.jpg" which i know is older and not required for xbmc but still my windows library is all complete .

Running MediaElch as a service is currently not on the roadmap.
The filenames can be adjusted in the settings already.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-24

(2013-10-23, 21:35)solamnic Wrote: Yep i did see that...
the problem lies when a new season is out..
and i have to rescrape the whole show..
and all the images are changed and have to rechoose again the ones i liked..

Maybe when rescrapping a priority should be given to the already saved poster fanarts...

You can choose the season images on your own without rescraping the whole show.
But I think you also want to let MediaElch download the first image automatically, right?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-10-25

(2013-08-10, 08:08)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 18:44)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 18:19)Komet Wrote: I don't know if I get you right but you want to store your movie set artwork like

.../artwork/moviesets/Avatar Collection.jpg
.../artwork/moviesets/Spider Man Collection.jpg

Is this correct?

D:\Videos\Moviesets\Fanart\...
D:\Videos\Moviesets\Posters\...

Hi Komet wanted to know if this made it to 1.7 because when i look i can still only set the base directory...is there something i missed?

Hi Komet, i know you havent been around much, any chance on answering this question?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - shaktoo - 2013-10-25

Komet : I have tried reading all documentation but am unbale to grasp this concept. Is there a way to run scrape of only newly added movies/ tv shows ? right now all i can do is just manually go to each newly added movie/ tv show and manually scrape it and click on save . Is there another way ?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-25

(2013-10-25, 04:27)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-08-10, 08:08)saitoh183 Wrote:
(2013-05-14, 18:44)saitoh183 Wrote: D:\Videos\Moviesets\Fanart\...
D:\Videos\Moviesets\Posters\...

Hi Komet wanted to know if this made it to 1.7 because when i look i can still only set the base directory...is there something i missed?

Hi Komet, i know you havent been around much, any chance on answering this question?

No, I'm sorry this hasn't made it in 1.7, it's still on the roadmap.

(2013-10-25, 15:06)shaktoo Wrote: Komet : I have tried reading all documentation but am unbale to grasp this concept. Is there a way to run scrape of only newly added movies/ tv shows ? right now all i can do is just manually go to each newly added movie/ tv show and manually scrape it and click on save . Is there another way ?

New movies are (by default) listed on the top of the list (with a little star in front of them). You can select them all, hit search and scrape them all together.
Tv shows can be updated per show. Select the show with new episodes (also marked by a little star) hit search and select "Update new episodes" in the lower left of the window.

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - solamnic - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-24, 18:23)Komet Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 21:35)solamnic Wrote: Yep i did see that...
the problem lies when a new season is out..
and i have to rescrape the whole show..
and all the images are changed and have to rechoose again the ones i liked..

Maybe when rescrapping a priority should be given to the already saved poster fanarts...

You can choose the season images on your own without rescraping the whole show.
But I think you also want to let MediaElch download the first image automatically, right?

What i think would be nice is for mediaelch to check if images are saved locally ( for the specific show) and use them instead of redownloading the whole show when adding a new season...

Also please update your first post when a new version comes out Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevecrown - 2013-10-26

@Komet
Is there a chance that you add support the new poster section from fanart.tv?
I do quite a bit artwork there.

I also use the aeon mq5 and aeon nox skins with extrathumb view and have to scrape all the thumbs in EMM. Are there any plans to add support for them? I'd like to completely switch to ME.

Great app btw

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-26

(2013-10-26, 12:19)stevecrown Wrote: @Komet

I also use the aeon mq5 and aeon nox skins with extrathumb view and have to scrape all the thumbs in EMM. Are there any plans to add support for them? I'd like to completely switch to ME.

Great app btw
Poster from fanart.tv are already in the latest nightlies Smile
I'll need to check extrathumbs a little bit (never used them...) but I think I'll add support for them.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevecrown - 2013-10-26

Awesome Smile

Perfect it's always a pain in the a... to scrape with ME and than to have to start all over again!

Looking forward to the next release Smile

+1 for your mediamanager

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - olliebean - 2013-10-26

I know this has been raised before, but it looks like the DVD Order setting for scraping TV series still isn't working. You asked a previous poster on this issue to post an example, so here's one: I'm trying to scrape my DVD rips of Seinfeld - the DVD order of Season 1 is as follows:

S01E01 The Seinfeld Chronicles
S01E02 Male-Unbonding
S01E03 The Stake Out
S01E04 The Robbery
S01E05 The Stock Tip

But whether the "DVD Order" checkbox is checked or not, MediaElch is fetching the Aired Order, which is as follows:

S01E01 The Seinfeld Chronicles
S01E02 The Stake Out
S01E03 The Robbery
S01E04 Male-Unbonding
S01E05 The Stock Tip

Filebot and Media Companion both fetch the correct DVD order when their DVD order flags are set.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-26

@olliebean: I'll check this. Are you loading the show at once or are you scraping single episodes?

All at once. I didn't realise I could scrape single episodes. But I've just tried that, and can confirm that the DVD order is correctly fetched for single episodes - it's only when scraping the entire show that it doesn't work.

Incidentally, why is there no option to scrape a single season without scraping the entire show? That would be very useful for when a new series is added to an existing show.

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-10-26

Ok, I'll check and fix it with the next release Wink

solamnic asked the same about scraping new seasons a few posts above Wink
In short: You can select the show and choose to only update new episodes. But I'll try to improve this in a later version.

Thanks, I'll look forward to that Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - stevecrown - 2013-10-27

(2013-10-26, 12:30)Komet Wrote:
(2013-10-26, 12:19)stevecrown Wrote: @Komet

Great app btw
Poster from fanart.tv are already in the latest nightlies Smile
I'll need to check extrathumbs a little bit (never used them...) but I think I'll add support for them.

Good Morning Komet
Right now I'm updating my collections with artwork and ME is supporting Poster and fanart but no banner, thumb, logo and clearart. I organize all my art in one folder and import it with Movie Set Artwork Automator in xbmc. Are you also planning on supporting all the collection art work from fanart.tv? It's time consuming to do all manually and ME gives me a nice overview about what's missing.
Thx