Kodi Community Forum
Release Chorus - A Web UI - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Web Interfaces (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=156)
+----- Forum: Chorus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=269)
+----- Thread: Release Chorus - A Web UI (/showthread.php?tid=183451)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - EtgarDizz - 2014-03-31

@jez500,

I just started working on my own Bootstrap-enabled, mobile-friendly modern webinterface a few days ago, and decided to do a quick search just to see if I'm missing any interfaces already in existence... boy, was I Smile
This interface is just beautiful, feature-rich and great fun to browse through. It's almost exactly like I would imagine my own creation to behave, not to mention the beautiful design...

(where did the theme come from? custom? really nice!)

Anyway, I say it's almost like what I'd create, because my focus is more on video and not audio. So for that matter, was hoping to add a feature request for large video libraries: Filtering and sorting. I know this can be useful in audio as well, but for videos it's simply a necessity. Large movie libraries, for instance, take a lot of time (and scrolling) to browse through.

I take inspiration from Plex/Web interface - it has a sidebar that slides into view where you can filter/sort movies based on a few criteria, this makes the browsing experience that much better.
Also, check out the "Select items" button - this allows batch "Watched" state toggle.
(The Plex sidebar also has buttons for different view options, but that's too much and not really a must)

What do you think?

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - jez500 - 2014-03-31

(2014-03-31, 00:38)EtgarDizz Wrote: @jez500,

I just started working on my own Bootstrap-enabled, mobile-friendly modern webinterface a few days ago, and decided to do a quick search just to see if I'm missing any interfaces already in existence... boy, was I Smile
This interface is just beautiful, feature-rich and great fun to browse through. It's almost exactly like I would imagine my own creation to behave, not to mention the beautiful design...

(where did the theme come from? custom? really nice!)

Anyway, I say it's almost like what I'd create, because my focus is more on video and not audio. So for that matter, was hoping to add a feature request for large video libraries: Filtering and sorting. I know this can be useful in audio as well, but for videos it's simply a necessity. Large movie libraries, for instance, take a lot of time (and scrolling) to browse through.

I take inspiration from Plex/Web interface - it has a sidebar that slides into view where you can filter/sort movies based on a few criteria, this makes the browsing experience that much better.
Also, check out the "Select items" button - this allows batch "Watched" state toggle.
(The Plex sidebar also has buttons for different view options, but that's too much and not really a must)

What do you think?

Glad you like it! Design is all me Smile Inspiration has come from all over the place but probably the biggest influence is google music.
Advanced filtering is probably the next big thing on the todo list as it kills a few birds with one stone and multiple select is also on the cards (I want it for adding multiple songs to a playlist).

If you are still keen on doing some coding feel free to contribute, all the source is on github Wink

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - joethefox - 2014-04-01

Hi nice done!
mind you if you add the new iOS 7.1 viewport meta tag that allows to minimize the top and bottom bars in Safari on the iphone and ipod?

So your index.html should look:

Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimal-ui">

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - TTLucian - 2014-04-02

Hi! I just installed "Chorus" and it's awesome looking and feature rich. Even streaming (Firefox and VLC Web Plugin) works. Congrats!
One problem I ran into, I can't seem to find a way to trigger a video library scan from within Chorus. Any thoughts?

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - jez500 - 2014-04-03

(2014-04-01, 10:17)joethefox Wrote: Hi nice done!
mind you if you add the new iOS 7.1 viewport meta tag that allows to minimize the top and bottom bars in Safari on the iphone and ipod?

So your index.html should look:

Code:
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0, minimal-ui">

Thats handy! cool, will be added in next release.

(2014-04-02, 19:16)TTLucian Wrote: Hi! I just installed "Chorus" and it's awesome looking and feature rich. Even streaming (Firefox and VLC Web Plugin) works. Congrats!
One problem I ran into, I can't seem to find a way to trigger a video library scan from within Chorus. Any thoughts?

Thanks Smile
Video Scan will be added in the next release, i'll also add a notification to tell you when it's finished scanning.
If you really want to do a scan before then you can go to "The Lab" > "jsonrpc" and execute the VideoLibrary.Scan method.

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - tintamarre - 2014-04-03

This Web UI is awesome !

<feature request>
I am mainly using Chorus as a replacement for my Google Music account (I also tried before several opensource alternatives).

When I connect to XBMC through Chorus and add a playlist, it outputs it by default to my XBMC box while I want it to output by default through my browser. Is it possible to add a setting (or a better clear distinction btw outputs) where we could select the default output ?
</feature request>

Again, thx for your great work. This is amazing. Smile

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - Nindustries - 2014-04-03

Finally, a good looking web interface for xbmc! Big Grin

Keep up the good work, maybe I'll contribute on git if I can find the time.
Can't wait to see more features!

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - kaster1980 - 2014-04-04

Thanks for the interface, it is very cool! Tell me how to it to add the logout button and shutdown button XBMC? Thanks in advance!

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - trza - 2014-04-05

Just created an account to tell you how awesome this is. thanks for making something so refreshing. I know you've got plenty to do so i wont be requesting a lot, but it would be nice to just have a keyboard dump so i can do anything i need to in the meantime while you finish so many more features Smile

things like the arrow keys would solve 99% of the issues im having. or the tab key to get to fullscreen video.

anyway keep it up it's clearly much appreciated. you've done great so far

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - seedzero - 2014-04-05

(2014-03-30, 11:38)josz Wrote: I like the looks of this webinterface.
Having a problem with it though, dunno if it can be fixed.
I'm using mod_proxy to proxy pass the XBMC webinterface through my NAS which is setup as a webserver. So Instead of calling 192.168.1.x:port/ I call 192.168.1.x/xbmc/.
This doesn't really work since the paths used for jsonrpc are relative to root but should actually be relative to the current directory (so instead of /jsonrpc it should be just simply jsonrpc). This is a simple fix I can manage myself.
Now there's one more problem when it comes to loading images with this setup (I don't have this problem with AWXi). The webserver redirects all traffic over https for securities sake. This however seems to cause some weird cross site scripting issue I believe.
I pastebinned an output of Firebug showing the issue over here;
http://pastebin.com/4hSPKBkD

Dunno if this can be fixed, would like it to, but can imagine this is unsolvable.

Did you end up figuring anything out? I've been bashing my head against the wall with ProxyPassMatch all night Sad. I can't even get the javascript to lead correctly. The static images load ok, but the covers are all blank too.

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - Tomken - 2014-04-05

Hi
I really like the look of the web interface you created.
I have only one small problem I have many Movies and TV Shows which have two audio tracks is there a button in the interface to switch between them? Smile
I looked but haven't found one.

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - M@rc - 2014-04-06

Wow you are doing a great job with this!

A suggestion as someone who uses XBMC only for movies, it would be nice to be able to click on an actor's name and have it search all movies that actor has been in, instead of linking to their profile on the IMDb site.

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - jez500 - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-03, 13:33)tintamarre Wrote: This Web UI is awesome !

<feature request>
I am mainly using Chorus as a replacement for my Google Music account (I also tried before several opensource alternatives).

When I connect to XBMC through Chorus and add a playlist, it outputs it by default to my XBMC box while I want it to output by default through my browser. Is it possible to add a setting (or a better clear distinction btw outputs) where we could select the default output ?
</feature request>

Again, thx for your great work. This is amazing. Smile
Hi, Thanks!
As of v0.3.3, it remembers the last player you used and will load into that next time you load it up.
There are a few distinctions between the outputs. eg. xbmc = dark grey + orange, local = light grey + blue. And it's only a single click to toggle between the players.

(2014-04-04, 19:32)kaster1980 Wrote: Thanks for the interface, it is very cool! Tell me how to it to add the logout button and shutdown button XBMC? Thanks in advance!

If you open the remote (click the thumbnail in the footer) then click the power button for some shutdown options

(2014-04-05, 16:27)trza Wrote: Just created an account to tell you how awesome this is. thanks for making something so refreshing. I know you've got plenty to do so i wont be requesting a lot, but it would be nice to just have a keyboard dump so i can do anything i need to in the meantime while you finish so many more features Smile

things like the arrow keys would solve 99% of the issues im having. or the tab key to get to fullscreen video.

anyway keep it up it's clearly much appreciated. you've done great so far

Cheers! Yeah I am definitely going to add keyboard controls and it is rising up the todo list.

(2014-04-05, 17:22)redtapemedia Wrote: Did you end up figuring anything out? I've been bashing my head against the wall with ProxyPassMatch all night Sad. I can't even get the javascript to lead correctly. The static images load ok, but the covers are all blank too.

I still think this is the fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183451&pid=1667526#pid1667526

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - jez500 - 2014-04-06

(2014-04-05, 22:15)Tomken Wrote: Hi
I really like the look of the web interface you created.
I have only one small problem I have many Movies and TV Shows which have two audio tracks is there a button in the interface to switch between them? Smile
I looked but haven't found one.
Not yet Wink

(2014-04-06, 15:33)M@rc Wrote: Wow you are doing a great job with this!

A suggestion as someone who uses XBMC only for movies, it would be nice to be able to click on an actor's name and have it search all movies that actor has been in, instead of linking to their profile on the IMDb site.

Thanks! Yeah I do like that idea, I'll have a think about the best way to integrate it.

RE: Chorus - A Web UI - seedzero - 2014-04-07

(2014-04-06, 16:46)jez500 Wrote: I still think this is the fix: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183451&pid=1667526#pid1667526

I've tried many things with ProxyPassMatch and still can't get it working properly. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Code:
ProxyPassMatch ^/xbmc/(image.*)$ http://192.168.0.x:port/$1
ProxyPassMatch ^/.*(jsonrpc/.*)$ http://192.168.0.x:port/$1

Doesn't seem to work, but if I browse mydomain.com/xbmc/jsonrpc, I get jsonrpc output.