Kodi Community Forum
Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Estuary (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=260)
+---- Thread: Mod pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) (/showthread.php?tid=333143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - ontap - 2018-11-20

Hi , could you point me at where to edit please ,   when I am watching a live tv channel and i press back the guide pops up but the video is still in view in the background ? I would like to disable it so that i just have the tv guide in view without it being sort of clear art with the live video behind it. , I have fan art turned off in skin settings, thanks .

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - pkscout - 2018-11-20

(2018-11-20, 10:15)ontap Wrote: Hi , could you point me at where to edit please ,   when I am watching a live tv channel and i press back the guide pops up but the video is still in view in the background ? I would like to disable it so that i just have the tv guide in view without it being sort of clear art with the live video behind it. , I have fan art turned off in skin settings, thanks .
 That's a function of Estuary by default, and I don't think there is any way to turn that behavior off (at least I couldn't find anything in the Estuary or general settings).  If you use the STOP button when watching LiveTV instead of the BACK button, that will stop playback and place you back where you started (likely the guide).

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - ontap - 2018-11-20

OK tx .

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - Dumyat - 2018-11-21

(2018-11-20, 21:33)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-11-20, 10:15)ontap Wrote: Hi , could you point me at where to edit please ,   when I am watching a live tv channel and i press back the guide pops up but the video is still in view in the background ? I would like to disable it so that i just have the tv guide in view without it being sort of clear art with the live video behind it. , I have fan art turned off in skin settings, thanks .
 That's a function of Estuary by default, and I don't think there is any way to turn that behavior off (at least I couldn't find anything in the Estuary or general settings).  If you use the STOP button when watching LiveTV instead of the BACK button, that will stop playback and place you back where you started (likely the guide).        
I did exactly what your wanting on my MadNox PVR Mod. I just checked the default Estuary files and the same logic appears to have been applied. 
Basically, in the MyPVRGuide.xml quite near to top, you will see a line item that says '<include>DefaultBackground</include>'. This includes function can be found in the includes.xml. If you look at it, you will see the first control item is for a video window. This is what making the video play in the background on the TVGuide.

What you could do is copy/paste that whole section directly underneath and maybe call it <include>TVGuideBackground</include> and obviously remove video window control item. Then rename <include>DefaultBackground</include> on the MyPVRGuide.xml to <include>TVGuideBackground</include>. This will result in a solid background on the TVGuide with no video playing.
Or, you could just remove <include>DefaultBackground</include> on the MyPVRGuide.xml and replace it with:-
php:
<control type="image">
   <left>0</left>
   <top>0</top>
   <width>100%</width>
   <height>100%</height>
   <texture colordiffuse="primary_background">special://skin/extras/backgrounds/primary.jpg</texture>
  </control>

I even tried this on the video window part of  <include>DefaultBackground</include>:-
php:
<control type="videowindow">
    <depth>DepthBackground</depth>
    <include>FullScreenDimensions</include>
    <visible>Player.HasVideo</visible>
    <visible>!Player.HasVideo(TVGuide)</visible>
    <visible>!Slideshow.IsActive</visible>
   </control>

These all seem to work, but I did notice some stalling of the background audio if I moved too quickly down the guide. But that's maybe that's a problem with my backend. Obviously these changes will be overwritten the next time @pkscout updates his skin.

@pkscout  Saw this post and knew I had done something similar in the past, so hope you don't mind me replying. Maybe it will help @ontap out.... Smile

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - ontap - 2018-11-21

Tx for that will give it a shot shortly , one more question please , bit of a long shot I think , when scrolling vertically up and down the main menu panel , the whole of the screen including all the widgets moves to the right and back as you highlight each menu item , am sure I found a line i edited a while back maybe on krypton I can't remember that had some sort of text about easing in from right and i dropped the figure/speed to "0" and it virtually stopped this happening . But of course I didn't log what I had done and now can't find it . Anyone know what i am referring to ? or has my memory just failed me.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - ontap - 2018-11-21

Tx Dumyat , option 2 worked straight away.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - pkscout - 2018-11-22

New Release

v.1.1.12
- updates from Estuary 2.0.14 in Kodi 18RC1

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - kees667 - 2018-11-30

Great mod! Love how it keeps the speed of Estuary with some nice tweaks like small icons.

One small issue which is also present in Estuary itself (reported there as well). If you have a folder.jpg they don't always line up nicely in the interface for folders.
See exampe for pictures, the thumbnail does not fit the "box". Was far worse as I had a portrait folder.jpg so I switched to a widescreen picture as folder.jpg but it still does not fit.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - pkscout - 2018-12-01

Any time they update Estuary I update this mod, so once that is fixed in the main Estuary code the fix will show up in my mod shortly after.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - HeresJohnny - 2018-12-02

I'm sure you saw that @black_eagle and @Dumyat have taken your skin mod and expanded on it in specific areas, namely music and PVR. Many of us would love to see those efforts merged. Have you guys talked about the possibility yet?

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - pkscout - 2018-12-02

(2018-12-02, 07:11)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm sure you saw that @black_eagle and @Dumyat have taken your skin mod and expanded on it in specific areas, namely music and PVR. Many of us would love to see those efforts merged. Have you guys talked about the possibility yet?
I hadn't, but I just took a look.  The initial visuals look interesting, and I'm looking forward to have some code to look at.  The one thing I don't love is that it requires the skin helper service.  That particular script can be a strain on lower end devices, and I often find you have to use one off beta versions for things to work right with it (just my experience).  When things get a bit further along I could look at merging the PVR mods into my mod and have them as an optional setting if you install skin helper, but I don't want to make skin helper a required dependency.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - Dumyat - 2018-12-02

(2018-12-02, 19:24)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-12-02, 07:11)HeresJohnny Wrote: I'm sure you saw that @black_eagle and @Dumyat have taken your skin mod and expanded on it in specific areas, namely music and PVR. Many of us would love to see those efforts merged. Have you guys talked about the possibility yet?
I hadn't, but I just took a look.  The initial visuals look interesting, and I'm looking forward to have some code to look at.  The one thing I don't love is that it requires the skin helper service.  That particular script can be a strain on lower end devices, and I often find you have to use one off beta versions for things to work right with it (just my experience).  When things get a bit further along I could look at merging the PVR mods into my mod and have them as an optional setting if you install skin helper, but I don't want to make skin helper a required dependency.      
The PVR Mod I've been working on is based on the default Estuary skin.
I generally only wanted to target the PVR section and PVR OSD, but have ended up making some additional changes to the Video and Music OSD layout's. I've also created a couple of new colour themes.
Indeed, using the SHS is probably not ideal, but in order to fetch artwork, ratings, etc for the PVR section, this is unfortunately still the only option available at the current time. I think PVR artwork does give some additional value to the end user, as the feature aligns itself nicely with the rest of Kodi and the artwork provided within the video and music libraries. I guess that was the motivation for wanting to introduce such feature. I actually only make use of the SHS for the PVR section, since there is no viable alternative. All other artwork is fetched in same way the default Estuary skin does it.   
I really like what you have done with your Mod and the main menu customisation, particularly as you don't rely on skin short-cuts. I may need to quiz you at some point about adding additional main items. Hopefully I will be able to port the changes I've done over to GitHub without too much hassle, but the project originally started life as a hobby and worked on intermittently over the course of several months....

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - tehax - 2018-12-02

That is a good idea to merge in later development stage both skins if Dumyat agree. Basically i see also the usage of SHS critical but nevertheless there is not really an alternative in some cases.

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - HeresJohnny - 2018-12-03

Concerning artwork for PVR maybe we could get @rmrector onboard to expand artwork beef... but now we're getting off-topic

RE: pkscout's Estuary Mod for Kodi 18 (Leia) - the_other_guy - 2018-12-03

" the thumbnail does not fit the "box". Was far worse as I had a portrait folder.jpg"if this is an addon see if you can find the image (png) file resize to 200 x 200