Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2013-12-13

Looks like mymovieapi.com has some problems right now. Let's wait a little bit and see if they can fix their problems.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Chilldebert - 2013-12-13

(2013-12-12, 19:18)_J@n_ Wrote: Hi,

What happens if you change the scraping of the rating to TMDB (or OFDb)? Do you get any results then?

Let us know

Greetz,

_J@N_

Everything works fine except imdb

(2013-12-13, 01:35)Komet Wrote: Looks like mymovieapi.com has some problems right now. Let's wait a little bit and see if they can fix their problems.

Ok, I'll wait patiently Smile

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Enlightened - 2013-12-15

I was having a problem with ME crashing what I thought randomly when saving scraped data. I found it was due to my date modified for some reason was showing 2098. So anytime it got to a file with the wrong date modified it would crash. I was able to fix this by useing http://www.petges.lu attribute changer and searching for datemodified:2098. Then changing it all back to the correct date. This was driving me crazy as I'm currently useing ME to re scrape all data for my shows. Thanks for a great manager and I can't wait for music support.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - 10Xmoisy - 2013-12-28

What made me switch to MediaElch from Ember Media Manager was its user interface. Great job!

What I think was lacking is a button that will play the movie/episode using the system default media player. It's quite tedious to open the movie folder and from there play the movie/episode. Please keep on improving this project in the future. Thank you.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - rdonohoe - 2013-12-28

Trying out MediaElch and I am really liking it. Currently using EMM but ME seems to be a bit better.

I would like if ME could be more like EMM in one way; when scraping a Movie or TV show a pop up a box which allow me to select the artwork I want, I prefer this instead of correcting it after it's scraped.

Is there a way to scrape each episode in a TV show when I scrape the show. At the moment I have to go through each one and scrape separately.

Also it would be great if in the choose image box if the images had a resolution and source indication.

Thanks again.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soonerlater - 2013-12-29

All of my movies are stored on a NAS. I can access the NAS by UNC path (e.g. \\Louise\Video\Kids\Movies) or by mapped drive letter (e.g. z:\Kids\Movies). No matter which I use, MediaElch finds two of (seemingly) everything. Every movie appears once with the correct path and once with "Shortcut to Movies.lnk" as part of the path. For example:

//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
//Louise/Video/Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

or

z:/Kids/Movies/Shortcut to Movies.lnk/Astro Boy.mp4
and
z:Kids/Movies/Astro Boy.mp4

I've searched this thread (but not read the entire thread) looking for my particular issue, but found nothing. The closest that I could find was a guy having duplicates which he solved by disabling "use local cache" (or something like that) in the settings. However, that was a long time ago and the current version of MediaElch (2.0.1) doesn't seem to have such a setting any longer.

What can I do to fix this?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - saitoh183 - 2013-12-30

Is it normal that we cant find new movieset artwork. When it looks for a movieset name like Lion King Collection, it finds nothing but if i remove the word collection, it finds The Lion King.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - TheReverend - 2013-12-30

I've searched but haven't seen anything yet so. I love MediaElch but have recently come across some problems. One being I can't scrape more than one movie at a time if the imdb id isn't known. Secondly, the big problem, MediaElch crashed before I saved what I was scraping now my movie list is largely populated by blank spaces and I cannot seem to find the settings file that I'd need to delete in order to have a hard reset of MediaElch

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - soonerlater - 2013-12-31

Komet,

Would you kindly edit the first post in this thread and/or add to the FAQ on your website, to give the answers to these questions:

1. What does it mean that some movies have stars before their names and others don't.

2. Why do some movies have a green "ID" icon while other have a purple one?

3. What does it mean when you have blank entries in your list of movies? I can't show a screenshot, because I've already fixed all of my blank entries.

Thank you.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - TheReverend - 2013-12-31

The red and green icon indicate if the imdb id has been attached to the movie. The stars are new movies since the last save. I'm still trying to figure out the blank entries. I have too many to fix. Many of which have already been scraped.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - jiggsaw - 2014-01-01

(2013-11-22, 00:37)lbarchi Wrote: Hi, any chance to use data18 scraper?

I'd also like to request data18 scraper for adult clips.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Zwanzig - 2014-01-04

problem with Fanart.tv Huh?

when a new version

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Chuck Bartowski - 2014-01-04

(2014-01-01, 18:13)jiggsaw Wrote:
(2013-11-22, 00:37)lbarchi Wrote: Hi, any chance to use data18 scraper?

I'd also like to request data18 scraper for adult clips.
+1

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Mr. V - 2014-01-05

(2013-04-25, 19:07)Komet Wrote: 4. TheAudioDb will be added as soon as they provide an API.

HI Komet,

Thanks for the great program and a few questions for you?

1. Back in April last year you said something about theAudioDB support for scraping music videos. Will this be supported using "artist - song" naming? (Music concerts works great BTW)

2. Can you batch Scrape TV Series I cant seem to figure this out?

3. Is there support for re-scraping only missing information?

4. In tv series there are icons that show what is missing. Is this available for movies and concerts?

5. When you rescrape a movie is your watch status reset?

6. Anyway to import watched status from xbmc? or would you consider trakt.tv support for importing watched status?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - _J@n_ - 2014-01-06

(2014-01-05, 11:19)Mr. V Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 19:07)Komet Wrote: 4. TheAudioDb will be added as soon as they provide an API.

HI Komet,

Thanks for the great program and a few questions for you?

1. Back in April last year you said something about theAudioDB support for scraping music videos. Will this be supported using "artist - song" naming? (Music concerts works great BTW)

2. Can you batch Scrape TV Series I cant seem to figure this out?

3. Is there support for re-scraping only missing information?

4. In tv series there are icons that show what is missing. Is this available for movies and concerts?

5. When you rescrape a movie is your watch status reset?

6. Anyway to import watched status from xbmc? or would you consider trakt.tv support for importing watched status?

Hi Mr. V,

I may be able to help you with a few of your questions:

5: Not as far as I know. I have rescraped TV Shows most and have never noticed reset watched status.

6: You should export your library through XBMC. Choose export to seperate files, overwrite old files and include actor thumbnails (the latter is just for the fun of it Smile ). ME should now display your movies with the correct status from XBMC

HTH

Greetz,

_J@N_