Kodi Community Forum
Timeshift Support - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: PVR & Live TV Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=167)
+---- Forum: Tvheadend (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=168)
+---- Thread: Timeshift Support (/showthread.php?tid=147002)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Re: Timeshift Support - Damian.Flynn - 2013-01-16

Hi.

I have updated to the latest server and turned up timeshift. I also added the 1.6.16 pvr.hts to my ion openelec.

I am running live production fir the last 3 days with not a single issue. Fantastic work. I have oscam connected for decryption. The system is rock solid.

Some awsome work Andy and team. Thank you.

The 1.6.16 build I grabbed from git and compiled on my ububtu into a zip installed pain free on the latest openelec ion build. My question is for openelec raspberry pi can I safly import the same zip or do I need to compile on a pi first?

Cheers
Damian

RE: Timeshift Support - gborri - 2013-01-17

hello damian,

i need some help.
I have tried to compile xmbc-pvr-addons but it give me an error.

How did you heve compiled It, from wich github repository? have you some problem in compiling it?

thanks
Giovanni

RE: Timeshift Support - opdenkamp - 2013-01-17

see the readme file: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/blob/master/README

Re: RE: Timeshift Support - Damian.Flynn - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 10:18)gborri Wrote: hello damian,

i need some help.
I have tried to compile xmbc-pvr-addons but it give me an error.

How did you heve compiled It, from wich github repository? have you some problem in compiling it?

thanks
Giovanni

If you need I can send you the zip which I used on openelce.
I followed the instructions dutchmaniac just linked to, but build on an ubuntu server.

D

Re: RE: Timeshift Support - Damian.Flynn - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 17:35)dushmaniac Wrote: see the readme file: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/blob/master/README

Well learn from mistakes. I went ahead knowing damn well it was a bad idea and used the same .zip on the pi. It installed but was not long crashing the addon.

How or where can I build a pi version of 1.6.16 as I have total broken it with no hts addon.

Thx?

Re: Timeshift Support - Damian.Flynn - 2013-01-17

Thanks to google I found a copy of the plugins on the web and they happened to be dec 1st but still list as 1.6.16

I can watch recorded stuff but like tv is black screen with just an audio track.

Cheers
D

RE: Timeshift Support - gborri - 2013-01-17

(2013-01-17, 17:35)dushmaniac Wrote: see the readme file: https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons/blob/master/README

hello dushmaniac,

i have tried the procedure on the readme doc, but this is what happened:

mediacenter@morpheus:~/src/tvheadend/xbmc-pvr-addon_new$ ./bootstrap
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
configure.ac:15: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
See the Autoconf documentation.
autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1

i have also tried to remove AC_PROG_LIBTOOL in file configure.ac thinking was an error, but this is what happens:

mediacenter@morpheus:~/src/tvheadend/xbmc-pvr-addon_new$ ./bootstrap
Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
autoreconf: running: aclocal --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Autoheader
autoreconf: running: automake --add-missing --copy --force-missing
addons/pvr.argustv/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.argustv/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.argustv/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.argustv/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.argustv/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.demo/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.demo/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.demo/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.demo/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.demo/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.dvbviewer/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.hts/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.hts/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.hts/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.hts/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.hts/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.mediaportal.tvserver/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.mythtv.cmyth/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.nextpvr/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.nextpvr/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.nextpvr/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.nextpvr/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.nextpvr/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.njoy/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.vdr.vnsi/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile.am:11: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile.am:11: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile.am:11: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile.am:11: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
addons/pvr.vuplus/Makefile.am:11: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/cmyth/Makefile.am:3: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/cmyth/Makefile.am:3: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/cmyth/Makefile.am:3: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/cmyth/Makefile.am:3: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/cmyth/Makefile.am:3: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/Makefile.am:1: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/cmyth/libcmyth/Makefile.am:1: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/cmyth/librefmem/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/cmyth/librefmem/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/cmyth/librefmem/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/cmyth/librefmem/Makefile.am:1: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/cmyth/librefmem/Makefile.am:1: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/jsoncpp/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/jsoncpp/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/jsoncpp/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/jsoncpp/Makefile.am:1: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/jsoncpp/Makefile.am:1: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/libhts/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/libhts/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/libhts/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/libhts/Makefile.am:1: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/libhts/Makefile.am:1: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
lib/tinyxml/Makefile.am:1: Libtool library used but `LIBTOOL' is undefined
lib/tinyxml/Makefile.am:1: The usual way to define `LIBTOOL' is to add `LT_INIT'
lib/tinyxml/Makefile.am:1: to `configure.ac' and run `aclocal' and `autoconf' again.
lib/tinyxml/Makefile.am:1: If `LT_INIT' is in `configure.ac', make sure
lib/tinyxml/Makefile.am:1: its definition is in aclocal's search path.
autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

thaks
Giovanni

RE: Timeshift Support - bluzee - 2013-01-18

I think you need to install the libtool package.

RE: Timeshift Support - opdenkamp - 2013-01-18

indeed. and use pastebin next time please

RE: Timeshift Support - DesG - 2013-01-19

Would it be possible to use ram for the buffer instead of hdd?

Cheers, Des.

RE: Timeshift Support - Begall - 2013-01-19

Set the timeshift folder to /dev/shm, that's a ramdisk with the default size of 50% of your RAM. I do it myself and it works well.

RE: Timeshift Support - DesG - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 18:34)Begall Wrote: Set the timeshift folder to /dev/shm, that's a ramdisk with the default size of 50% of your RAM. I do it myself and it works well.

Perfect, thats a new one for me, I'll go have a play!

Cheers, Des.

RE: Timeshift Support - mr_blond18 - 2013-01-19

I seem to be having speed/buffer issues...

If I pause LiveTV and resume a little later, I get blocky playback a few times each minute and I get a very quick buffering message also a few times each minute resulting in stuttering playback

I installed latest TVH from git Build: 3.3.392~g2dcbc36 on Ubuntu 12.10 using IPTV with an USB NIC
I have the problem in XBMC both in xbmcbuntu and osx, both running pvr.hts version 1.6.16, compiled from git

I use on-demand timeshift. I tried to put the buffer both on an external USB disk and on the internal HDD, same result.

If I record a program and simultaneously watch the recording from Video Files in XBMC there are no problems.

Log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/1549493/ The continuity counter errors always occur, also during LiveTV when everything works without problems.

p.s. really great and impressive work on TVH and XBMC-PVR lately! Keep up the good work guys!

RE: Timeshift Support - adamsutton - 2013-01-19

Sounds like an IO issue, this has been mentioned by at least one other person but that turned out to be a problematic disk. The latest version of the timeshift code does create a new buffer file each minute so its possible that a slow FS is stalling things.

Adam

RE: Timeshift Support - mr_blond18 - 2013-01-19

(2013-01-19, 21:51)adamsutton Wrote: Sounds like an IO issue, this has been mentioned by at least one other person but that turned out to be a problematic disk. The latest version of the timeshift code does create a new buffer file each minute so its possible that a slow FS is stalling things.

Adam

I read that post as well. That's why I tried it both on an external HDD and the internal HDD. The system is not giving any other FS problems, only during timeshift. I have checked that the glitches do not occur on file change from one buffer file to the next...

Is there a way I can play back the buffer files on their own, after e.g. brute force killing tvheadend, so that the buffer will not be emptied?