Kodi Community Forum
XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Android (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=164)
+---- Thread: XBMC app for/by Ouya released (/showthread.php?tid=171732)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - charliebrown - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 08:01)burritoboy9984 Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 03:15)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well since XBMC teamed up with OUYA to do an official app, when the console was first launched past successful funding at kickstarter, you would have thought that they would be constantly communicating with each other to work out the problems at both ends! Guess this was not the case!

In fact, it was the main reason why i bought the OUYA, plainly because it was backed officially by XBMC!

There is communication on both ends.What are you talking about? Just because it's not fixed RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it will never be fixed, or that anyone lied to you about the OUYA.

Team XBMC releases stable XBMC versions for every platform at the same time. OUYA is no different. The fact that the current version in the OUYA store is "unofficial" is just a technicality, and there really is no flipping difference. Development builds are still official builds, and they're available right now. OUYA is Android. It's not anything special (not yet). OUYA funded Team XBMC with money and OUYA-dev units, and even contracted a Team XBMC dev to work on it specifically. All XBMC for Android improvements are also OUYA improvements. People are working their asses off to make this the best it can be.

What the heck, man? What else do you want us do to?

If someone says to go tell OUYA about an issue, it's because that would be the best way to help the situation. OUYA knows about most of these issues, but they can't fix every single one at the exact same time, just like we can't do that with XBMC itself.

So far, just about every fear you guys have had about the OUYA has been proven false. As time goes by, more and more people are putting their foot in their mouth about their doubts.

Well said Ned. Keep up the good work and f*&% the haters.

-Erik

Why the attitude? And who is a "hater"? Dont turn this in to a fanboy thing, just let people have their own opinions.

I Backed the ouya REAL early and got it after way after retail launch.
The controller range is horrible and the controller itself is to say the least flimsy. Plus its making a weird noise if you listen to the controller.
And whenever i contacted support ( in a nice tone and maner at first) i first got a waiting period of atleast 2weeks for and answer and when the answer well came it didnt answer my question just alot of loose comments followed by corny "ouya on" etc..etc.. yeah thanks.

Dont get me wrong, i love the android console market and i use my ouya daily with the xbmc thats available, but im not sticking aroud the ouya when the competition launches theirs. Not because of the console itself really, im betting they will improve with the following modell they will release, but cause of the company itself. I dont support companys that dont care about the customer after the purchase is done, and im not a hassling customer, i rarely contact support, unless something is way off.

Just look at their facebook page / reddit page and get an idea what people thinks.
And to be real honest i dont see ouya surviving after that, they only sell now cause their fairly alone in the market.

And to be clear i REALLY appreciate the work xbmc have done to the android platform, you guys are no less then AWSOME!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Ned Scott - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 12:17)charliebrown Wrote: Why the attitude? And who is a "hater"? Dont turn this in to a fanboy thing, just let people have their own opinions.

The controller range is horrible and the controller itself is to say the least flimsy. Plus its making a weird noise if you listen to the controller.
And whenever i contacted support ( in a nice tone and maner at first) i first got a waiting period of atleast 2weeks for and answer and when the answer well came it didnt answer my question just alot of loose comments followed by corny "ouya on" etc..etc.. yeah thanks.

Dont get me wrong, i love the android console market and i use my ouya daily with the xbmc thats available, but im not sticking aroud the ouya when the competition launches theirs. Not because of the console itself really, im betting they will improve with the following modell they will release, but cause of the company itself. I dont support companys that dont care about the customer after the purchase is done, and im not a hassling customer, i rarely contact support, unless something is way off.

Just look at their facebook page / reddit page and get an idea what people thinks.
And to be real honest i dont see ouya surviving after that, they only sell now cause their fairly alone in the market.

And to be clear i REALLY appreciate the work xbmc have done to the android platform, you guys are no less then AWSOME!

They're a small company and had explosive sales that they didn't expect. They haven't treated anyone badly. There's a big difference between a startup having growing pains and a company that doesn't care.

And dear god, no one should ever judge another person or company based on the shit that facebook or reddit says. Those places are the toilet of the internet.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - charliebrown - 2013-08-31

(2013-08-31, 12:59)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 12:17)charliebrown Wrote: Why the attitude? And who is a "hater"? Dont turn this in to a fanboy thing, just let people have their own opinions.

They're a small company and had explosive sales that they didn't expect. They haven't treated anyone badly. There's a big difference between a startup having growing pains and a company that doesn't care.

And dear god, no one should ever judge another person or company based on the shit that facebook or reddit says. Those places are the toilet of the internet.

I dont agree, for being such a veteran in the business as Julie is said out to be, they should have known they dont got the resources as sony or MS and should have made promises to the customers accordingly.

We can go at this for 50-60 pages, but this might not be the place for it? Well time will tell what will be the go 2 android console. lets just agree on that =)

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-08-31

They reship mine after first one lost on the way. That's alone won me over.

I'd say I played a lot of XBMC over the years whether it was on Linux,Windows,Mac,iOS and Android. And android is in very early stage. So it has many bugs needs to iron out. If you can afford it HTPC is the way to go for now , Android is not giving best user experience. But It was easy enough to give it to my brother to use daily.

It'll be better as time goes by I hope.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Martijn - 2013-08-31

OK LET'S STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OUYA HERE.
GOT ANY THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TAKE IT UP TO THEM AT THEIR OWN SITE.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - chtfn - 2013-09-03

(2013-08-31, 17:44)Martijn Wrote: OK LET'S STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OUYA HERE.
GOT ANY THING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT TAKE IT UP TO THEM AT THEIR OWN SITE.

Yep, thanks for this Martijn.

I asked something a few posts ago, and it never got an answer, porbably because of the debate you just closed Smile

Here it is:

The issue I have with the XBMC subtitles add-on is that it finds subtitles, then I select the one I want, then nothing happens (no subtitles) and I can not find a way to go to the previous one (if a subtitle was already present in the movie folder). Sometimes it just blocks XBMC, stuck on the subtitle menu, and I often can not go back to the movie.
Anyone having this issue?
I noticed that in the add-on description, it says I should change the add-on path to a specific folder, but I could not find such folder on the OUYA memory...
Any help would be very much appreciated!

Cheers!

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - KILLERNADS - 2013-09-03

(2013-08-31, 08:01)burritoboy9984 Wrote:
(2013-08-31, 03:15)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-08-30, 16:32)KILLERNADS Wrote: Well since XBMC teamed up with OUYA to do an official app, when the console was first launched past successful funding at kickstarter, you would have thought that they would be constantly communicating with each other to work out the problems at both ends! Guess this was not the case!

In fact, it was the main reason why i bought the OUYA, plainly because it was backed officially by XBMC!

There is communication on both ends.What are you talking about? Just because it's not fixed RIGHT NOW doesn't mean it will never be fixed, or that anyone lied to you about the OUYA.

Team XBMC releases stable XBMC versions for every platform at the same time. OUYA is no different. The fact that the current version in the OUYA store is "unofficial" is just a technicality, and there really is no flipping difference. Development builds are still official builds, and they're available right now. OUYA is Android. It's not anything special (not yet). OUYA funded Team XBMC with money and OUYA-dev units, and even contracted a Team XBMC dev to work on it specifically. All XBMC for Android improvements are also OUYA improvements. People are working their asses off to make this the best it can be.

What the heck, man? What else do you want us do to?

If someone says to go tell OUYA about an issue, it's because that would be the best way to help the situation. OUYA knows about most of these issues, but they can't fix every single one at the exact same time, just like we can't do that with XBMC itself.

So far, just about every fear you guys have had about the OUYA has been proven false. As time goes by, more and more people are putting their foot in their mouth about their doubts.

Well said Ned. Keep up the good work and f*&% the haters.

-Erik

Bloody hell you lot are acting like 10 year old kids! No one is hating here, i already appreciated the work on the unofficial XBMC app and was happy to see it released, my response was not to blame anyone but to find out if there actually is regular communication going on between the two! Great to know that there is Ned!

Obviously, all the bugs can not be fixed in one go and im fine with that and too wait. But what i was wanting to know is that they both are aware of the issue with HDMI and are working on it or are going to in the near future! If they are then thats all great, otherwise what would be the best way for me to get this bug across to them and to make them aware of it!
Because the bug is a mixture of a problem with the hardware and software, its quite difficult for me to know who to exactly communicate with.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DocG - 2013-09-04

Well, I've finally changed our first Ouya over to the "official" XBMC app and all seems to be working reasonably well. The only real drawback it has for me, personally, is the lack of CEC support (or at least support for a standard remote out of the box). It's the only reason why I wouldn't put an Ouya in my bedroom. If it had CEC support, it would absolutely work for me there. It's a fine XBMC box for the kids, as they don't mind using the Ouya Controller, and it works well for them.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - blowk - 2013-09-06

I have some issues using the Ouya version of XBMC. When playing 1080p movies, sometimes the movie get stuck. I have to press 'U' to escape XBMC and start up agian. Anyone else with the same problem? Any fix on that?

Another thing is when I try to play MTS files. The movie is blocked. Is this something to do with libstagefright?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - oldpoem - 2013-09-06

(2013-09-06, 11:34)blowk Wrote: I have some issues using the Ouya version of XBMC. When playing 1080p movies, sometimes the movie get stuck. I have to press 'U' to escape XBMC and start up agian. Anyone else with the same problem? Any fix on that?

Another thing is when I try to play MTS files. The movie is blocked. Is this something to do with libstagefright?

้They are related to OUYA firmware bugs / lack of feature,

1. Files playback get stuck usually came from ethernet bug in OUYA firmware. For now it's recommended to use WiFi instead.

2. MTS looks like blocked usually because it's interlaced. OUYA XBMC is not support deinterlacing which I was told down to OUYA firmware not supported for now. While some said Nexus7 supported which both based on the same chip. So it could be fixed in later firmware update.

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - nospamjl - 2013-09-19

New firmware update for ouya.

https://www.ouya.tv/ouya-system-update-sep-19-2013/

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-09-19

Yep. I confirm they solved the interlaced bug Smile

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DjStiky - 2013-09-19

What about the ethernet stuttering bug?

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - Koying - 2013-09-19

(2013-09-19, 21:46)DjStiky Wrote: What about the ethernet stuttering bug?

It's supposed to be fixed, too, but it's harder to tell at first sight Wink

RE: XBMC app for/by Ouya released - DjStiky - 2013-09-20

I'm streaming 720p MKV from my NAS using ethernet. No stutter Big Grin