Kodi Community Forum
Release Eminence - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Eminence (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=213)
+---- Thread: Release Eminence (/showthread.php?tid=187071)

RE: Eminence - Inspirement - 2014-10-07

(2014-10-07, 19:07)hoopsdavis Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 18:10)locomot1f Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 16:46)Inspirement Wrote: Is there any way to add the tv show next aired plugin to the tv show hub as a custom shortcut?

+1 - I was going to ask the same thing.
seems like it should be able to.

Guys, what I did was add TV Show next aired to my favorites, from there you go into settings > Skin Settings > TV show Hub and Custom Item 1, there you'll select custom favorites, there you'll see your favorites, select the TV Show Next aired and follow the steps.

(2014-10-07, 19:06)Inspirement Wrote:
(2014-10-07, 18:10)locomot1f Wrote: +1 - I was going to ask the same thing.
seems like it should be able to.

Yeah, I usually add things as favourite and then link the favourite, but I'm not able to do that with this plugin, and I can't figure out what path I should point it to.

Inspirement to setup TV Show Next aired as a favorite you have to go in using the Programs menu, from there select "Program Add-ons" once you locate "TV Show - Next Aired" used which ever key you used to get the menu to popup, there you'll see the option to add to favorites

I'm using an Xbox 360 controller so I tried using the "c" key on my keyboard instead (my media center runs from my normal workstation computer so it was easy to access and try) and I got it, so I now wonder what other menus I've been missing xD Anyway, thanks Big Grin

RE: Eminence - nickr - 2014-10-07

context menu is one of the core control elements of XBMC. You are missing a lot!

RE: Eminence - wrxtasy - 2014-10-08

Mr Monkey man super skinner,

Your Eminence Skin really is the bees knees in simplicity, fluidity and speed. Congrats.

The glaring issue I have is the Weather - when I click right I only get 10 blank panels on the Forecast screen. This happens with Yahoo Weather or my preferred Oz Weather.
Both forecasts work fine with other skins.

RE: Eminence - mark2112 - 2014-10-08

(2014-10-08, 04:58)wrxtasy Wrote: Mr Monkey man super skinner,

Your Eminence Skin really is the bees knees in simplicity, fluidity and speed. Congrats.

The glaring issue I have is the Weather - when I click right I only get 10 blank panels on the Forecast screen. This happens with Yahoo Weather or my preferred Oz Weather.
Both forecasts work fine with other skins.

Have you tried weather underground? I'm pretty sure it gets its info from the bom so just search for your closest weather station. Not sure about yahoo but oz weather doesn't work in eminence.

RE: Eminence - deletedpenguin - 2014-10-08

Yeah, I had to switch to WUnderground, but it's far more accurate than Yahoo for my area.

Thanks guys, WUnderground works but is useless.
It either does not scrape from Aust Bureau of Met at all or has a significant time delay built in. Oz weather is a BOM scraper.
Might be time to contact the author if we can find out what the incompatibilities are.

RE: Eminence - mark2112 - 2014-10-08

(2014-10-08, 07:25)wrxtasy Wrote: Thanks guys, WUnderground works but is useless.
It either does not scrape from Aust Bureau of Met at all or has a significant time delay built in. Oz weather is a BOM scraper. Might be time to contact the author.

I found that at first too but if you search for your closest station (not Perth but closest suburb) its quite accurate....for me at least.

I take the useless bit back.
More investigation reveals slightly different observation sites between WU (by checking website) and BOM, which accounts for the difference.

Still question to the author of the Skin, why does the Temperature round down ? ie. 20.8 degrees C is the observation (seen briefly upon refresh), yet this is rounded down to 20 degrees C and displayed ?

Users that live in parts of the world that report in degrees Celsius would I'm sure prefer to see the temperature stored and reported as 20.8 by Eminence.
Accuracy is pretty important when posting up weather observations.

Either that or I'm getting picky as I'm a Pilot. ;-)

Another suggestion is to display the observation time under the text "Feels like" ala Confluence ?

Double post :-(

Re: RE: Eminence - jurialmunkey - 2014-10-08

(2014-10-08, 07:58)wrxtasy Wrote: I take the useless bit back.
More investigation reveals slightly different observation sites between WU (by checking website) and BOM, which accounts for the difference.

Still question to the author of the Skin, why does the Temperature round down ? ie. 20.8 degrees C is the observation (seen briefly upon refresh), yet this is rounded down to 20 degrees C and displayed ?

Users that live in parts of the world that report in degrees Celsius would I'm sure prefer to see the temperature stored and reported as 20.8 by Eminence.
Accuracy is pretty important when posting up weather observations.

Either that or I'm getting picky as I'm a Pilot. ;-)

Another suggestion is to display the observation time under the text "Feels like" ala Confluence ?
Ill look into adding support for other weather addons, but for the meantime its just WU.

The rounding thing is not on my part afaik. I think xbmc must convert the temperature info label from a string to an integer, hence losing the decimal place. Im Australian also so I use celsius too...

RE: Eminence - nickr - 2014-10-08

Really, I don't think ever see decimal points of temperatures in any weather service, online, TV weather report, radio weather report, carrier pigeon weather report...

I am not a pilot, but if my flight was piloted by someone relying on XBMC for his weather predictions, I'm not sure I'd be pleased!

Ha Ha Ha.
Its all touchy feely iPad's and HUD's these days anyways. Mrs Boeing yells at me if I'm doing anything completely wrong Big Grin

(2014-10-08, 10:06)jurialmunkey Wrote: I'll look into adding support for other weather addons, but for the meantime its just WU.

The rounding thing is not on my part afaik. I think xbmc must convert the temperature info label from a string to an integer, hence losing the decimal place. Im Australian also so I use celsius too...

Its definitely rounding down the wrong way, which exacerbates the Temperature error. (I briefly see the decimal place upon refresh)

Weatherzone uses decimals from BOM source.
http://www.weatherzone.com.au/wa/perth/perth

and so does WUnderground source...
http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.1.94610?

Who do I contact to change the behaviour of this WU add-on to round up correctly ?

Jurial on another Topic...

When I select Live TV and go into TV Recordings then hit Context, I am unable to press up, when I'm at the top of the menu list - and then flip the highlighted selector around to the bottom of the list like all other menu's do in Eminence.

This also occurs in the Files section - when Selecting a Share and hitting context, the Menu that slides in from the right will not let a user shortcut up.

Is this a bug or missing feature ?

RE: Eminence - Inspirement - 2014-10-08

(2014-10-07, 23:02)nickr Wrote: context menu is one of the core control elements of XBMC. You are missing a lot!

Well i usually bring up context menus with the "x" button, but I couldn't get that one, so I wonder if there are other context menus the 360 controller doesn't do. Because I haven't had any problems before with it and the "c" button seems to bring up the same menus that the "x" button on the controller does, with this being the only exception I've found.

RE: Eminence - locomot1f - 2014-10-08

@wrxtasy - http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=155

you should find your answer in one of these posts... or start a new topic.

.... but I concur with @nickr. I've never seen decimal points.
like you say, they come up on the refresh (in celsius), so yes it's possible, but I think for aesthetics, they are not use in.
sorta like with the temperature of the CPU / GPU. there are decimal points, but the system rounds them up / down for the skins.