Kodi Community Forum
MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win (with music library scraping) (/showthread.php?tid=136333)

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Powerhouse - 2014-06-20

Just an update, I tried this on an existing XBMC that was upgraded from Frodo 12, 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 and finally Gotham 13.1. I also tried this on a freshly loaded Win 8.1 system, with Gotham 13.1 installed. Neither seems to pick up the Playcount flag.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Powerhouse - 2014-06-20

Ok, so if you check the other thread, I figured out my advancedsettings.xml file was messed up somewhere, so I created a new one, with just my basic settings needed, and this worked. Here is exactly what I did...

Just to make sure I didn't have something screwed up, I created a new advancedsettings.xml file, as my original had a lot of extra stuff in it (turns out this is my essential settings)...

<advancedsettings>
<audio>
<streamsilence>1</streamsilence>
</audio>
<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator>; </itemseparator>
</musiclibrary>
<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

With this change, I was able to force update the Movie (Press 'i' on the remote, then select 'Reload', and 'No' to update from the Internet (so again it uses local NFO files), and this updated the Watched Status. Guess something was wrong with my old advancedsettings.xml file.

So now, I was reading about how to do a Reload of my whole Library (http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Upd...ing_videos), and there isn't an easy way (like Cleaning the Library or Updating the Library). I did find a very old post (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=138709), which kinda gave me the clues to make this happen.

So for example, if you go to Movies, and Files, and Edit the Source of your Movies (right click and Edit Source). Now since you already added the Source of your Movies, just click OK, and on the Next screen, where it lists Folder Contains (it should say Movies), change this to None and click OK. This will essentially wipe out your Movies Library from XBMC. Once complete (I have over 2600 movies, and this took about 10 minutes), You need to go back into Movies, Files, Edit the Source of your Movies, and click OK, and on the Next screen, where it lists Folder Contains (and it now says None), you change it back to Movies, and click OK (this took me about 30 minutes). Now when you look at your Movies, all the ones that have NFO files with the <playcount>1</playcount> in them will be show as having been Watched.

I also did this with TV Shows, and it works the same (but takes a hellofa lot longer, as I have over 500 TV Series with like 40k episodes - think hours for this part).

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - clayboy - 2014-07-07

what does the blue star by the movie mean...

MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-07-07

(2014-07-07, 10:07)clayboy Wrote: what does the blue star by the movie mean...

"Unscraped": there is no existing nfo file for the movie.

ahh okay but i had a nfo in the folder so it has to be in mediaelch's database correct?... also having issues with renaming folder to <Movie><year> i click rename and the folder doesn't change

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-07-07

(2014-07-07, 18:58)clayboy Wrote: ahh okay but i had a nfo in the folder so it has to be in mediaelch's database correct?... also having issues with renaming folder to <Movie><year> i click rename and the folder doesn't change

No, but it has to match the filename in the settings, defaults to "<filename_without_extension>.nfo".
Make sure you've selected "Separate Folders" for the directory in the settings. Otherwise folders won't be renamed.

yeah it didn't seem to pull anything ... im coming from tiny media manager with my stuff set to xbmc from ex ... <movie name>.nfo in folders label <movie title> <year>... so it weird... got about 3500 blu-rays scared that if i scan them in ill screw up the poster and fanart i have in place already

scratch that now they all loaded with the info... this is freaking weird lol ... thank @Komet for the quick response

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Maxi - 2014-07-13

(2013-10-26, 12:30)Komet Wrote:
(2013-10-26, 12:19)stevecrown Wrote: @Komet
Is there a chance that you add support the new poster section from fanart.tv?
I do quite a bit artwork there.

I also use the aeon mq5 and aeon nox skins with extrathumb view and have to scrape all the thumbs in EMM. Are there any plans to add support for them? I'd like to completely switch to ME.

Great app btw
Poster from fanart.tv are already in the latest nightlies Smile
I'll need to check extrathumbs a little bit (never used them...) but I think I'll add support for them.

Hi Komet

Any chance to add support for extrathumbs? That would be great for skins like aeon Nox and MQ. The idea here would be to reuse the extrafanart scraping, but be able to save selected images as thumbX.jpg (with X= 1 to 4) in a directory called extrathumbs.

Thanks a lot for this great piece of SW!!!

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - sfatula - 2014-07-13

I have a folder structure as follows: TV Shows -> Battlestar Galactica -> Season 1 -> Battlestar Galactica - S02E01.m4v. And all the other seasons and episodes of course. There is also a season 0 which is the specials. So, in XBMC, it only sees season 0. They are all organized the same way though. If I remove all nfo files and thumb files from season 1 directory, xbmc then sees it! Of course, the thumb file for the above episode is named Battlestar Galactica - S02E01-thumb.jpg and the nfo is named Battlestar Galactica - S02E01.nfo. This is on current gotham.

It's very strange, and, I have no idea why?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - alex.ba - 2014-07-13

Hi,

sorry to say but this does not work under Win8.1 64Bit. Only downloaded the latest release and started the mediaelch.exe (as admin). Then wanted to open the movies folder and it crashed.

Regards,

Alex

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Maxi - 2014-07-13

Hi Sfatula

(2014-07-13, 09:51)sfatula Wrote: I have a folder structure as follows: TV Shows -> Battlestar Galactica -> Season 1 -> Battlestar Galactica - S02E01.m4v. And all the other seasons and episodes of course. There is also a season 0 which is the specials. So, in XBMC, it only sees season 0. They are all organized the same way though. If I remove all nfo files and thumb files from season 1 directory, xbmc then sees it! Of course, the thumb file for the above episode is named Battlestar Galactica - S02E01-thumb.jpg and the nfo is named Battlestar Galactica - S02E01.nfo. This is on current gotham.

It's very strange, and, I have no idea why?

So, the file is really called S02E01.m4v, or it was a typo and the file actually is S01E01.m4v ? Because if not you're saving Season 2 (S02) files on Season 1 Directory... that could trigger errors on the XBMC scraper (even if you run it with local info)

Max

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - sfatula - 2014-07-13

No, it's a typo, it's S01E01.m4v. Here is what I have found out. In a season folder with 20 episodes, if I have 6 nfo files and thumbs in a given season directory, then, XBMC sees all 20 shows. If I add a 7th nfo file and thumb, XBMC sees *none* of them. If I delete any nfo and thumb, not just the 7th one added in case you think there is something wrong only with that one, XBMC sees all 20 again. I can do this in any tv shows season directory and the result is the same. Not sure if there is some new nfo needed info for Gotham or what.

Anyone else using Mediaelch with Gotham, and if so, can they comment on if this happens for them?

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - orbtwin - 2014-07-15

i think never has asked: ?

how can i batch download extrafanart (s)?
how can NOT download landscape and banner images.?
how can i download .actors ONLY with images from TMDB?
it's possible to add a <mpaa> and <releasedate> along with <certification>?
and download trailers from youtube?
adding a rename option using %source ?

i know are too many features, but i have to scrape more than 1500 movies Tongue

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - Komet - 2014-07-15

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: how can i batch download extrafanart (s)?
batch download extrafanarts: currently not possible but on the wish list

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: how can NOT download landscape and banner images.?
deselect the appropriate checkboxes in the search dialog

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: how can i download .actors ONLY with images from TMDB?
select tmdb as scraper Wink

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: it's possible to add a <mpaa> and <releasedate> along with <certification>?
Does XBMC support <releasdate>? It's not listed here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO_files/Movies
mpaa is also on the wish list.

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: and download trailers from youtube?
Maybe in the future is someone can easily tell me how to download them Wink

(2014-07-15, 01:17)orbtwin Wrote: adding a rename option using %source ?
Source? Path to your movie folder or what do you mean? Some more rename patterns will be available in the near future.

RE: MediaElch - MediaManager for Mac/Linux/Win - orbtwin - 2014-07-15

scraping from TMDB actors, for every movie it download the cast, with image and NO image actors.
my movies are named like: Avatar.bluray (2009).mkv OR [b][b]Annie Hall.dvd (1977).mkv[/b][/b]. And movie folders: Star Trek (2009). It's possible to batch edit a punch of movies adding .dvd or .bluray in them, and after that rename using .dvd OR .bluray OR .hddvd or something ??