Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- fional - 2011-05-09

Big_Noid Wrote:60 MB, that's more than the skin itself! Might be a bit difficult to add a option for people to point to the pack. I think the safest bet is to just put it in the media/flags/studios folder. It will use the old ones first but if it can't find it in the textures.xbt it will get them from the pack.

To use these, does that mean I have to delete the textures.xbt? And if I do that, don't I have to download all the images that it references? Bit confused about the textures.xbt!

- BigNoid - 2011-05-09

fional Wrote:To use these, does that mean I have to delete the textures.xbt? And if I do that, don't I have to download all the images that it references? Bit confused about the textures.xbt!

Xbmc first looks in the textures.xbt for images. If it can't find them in there it searches outside the file. Since there are already studio flags in the textures.xbt it will load those ones first. If it can't find an image there it loads them from the pack if put in the correct location.

- fional - 2011-05-09

Big_Noid Wrote:Xbmc first looks in the textures.xbt for images. If it can't find them in there it searches outside the file. Since there are already studio flags in the textures.xbt it will load those ones first. If it can't find an image there it loads them from the pack if put in the correct location.

Oh, ok that's real cool. Thanks for helping me! Smile

- Shinu - 2011-05-09

Big_Noid Wrote:60 MB, that's more than the skin itself! Might be a bit difficult to add a option for people to point to the pack. I think the safest bet is to just put it in the media/flags/studios folder. It will use the old ones first but if it can't find it in the textures.xbt it will get them from the pack.

yeah, that a good idea. the file is quite large. any word on the floor color changer for the dharma build?

- st graveyard - 2011-05-10

Big_Noid Wrote:It's not in git. I think I will add an option to the skin so you can choose what the music, movies and tv shows section points to. I think the easiest way to do this is to add an option for a custom favorite. That way everybody is happy.

Sounds great Big_Noid.

I have another little?? request. I'm currently filling my pictures database. Was wondering, would it be possible to add a 'total nr of pics' at the home screen? I mean, like you do with the music and movies sections?

Also, if you need help with testing the new skin, just let me know, as I'm in the middle of creating my ultimate home entertainment system in AEON NOX ;-)

- Mindzai - 2011-05-10

I noticed something after switching to the repo version from svn - when you go into movies or tv shows from the main menu and press back, you don't go back to the main menu any more but rather to the root page. Is this behaviour by design? If so, how hard would it be to make it optional? I think it's much more natural if you click OK once then back once to end up back where you started.

Keep up the great work btw!

- BigNoid - 2011-05-10

Shinu Wrote:yeah, that a good idea. the file is quite large. any word on the floor color changer for the dharma build?
Yeah, I'm still dubbing to include it in dharma, since it requires a few extra entries in startup.xml and in Dharma startup is already kinda slow because of the scripts that run on startup.
st graveyard Wrote:Sounds great Big_Noid.

I have another little?? request. I'm currently filling my pictures database. Was wondering, would it be possible to add a 'total nr of pics' at the home screen? I mean, like you do with the music and movies sections?

Also, if you need help with testing the new skin, just let me know, as I'm in the middle of creating my ultimate home entertainment system in AEON NOX ;-)
That information is passed on by the recently added script, so unless the script is altered I can't fetch that information on the home screen.
I'd appreciate it if you find bugs that you post them here.
Mindzai Wrote:I noticed something after switching to the repo version from svn - when you go into movies or tv shows from the main menu and press back, you don't go back to the main menu any more but rather to the root page. Is this behaviour by design? If so, how hard would it be to make it optional? I think it's much more natural if you click OK once then back once to end up back where you started.

Keep up the great work btw!
I haven't altered the code for that. The only way that can happen afaik is when a setting is changed that requires a reload skin action. Like changing between vertical and horizontal navigation, switching infopanel layout, poster slide, fixed/wrap list, turning on BD cases and turning off/on of watched/new status in showcase views.

- st graveyard - 2011-05-10

Big_Noid Wrote:That information is passed on by the recently added script, so unless the script is altered I can't fetch that information on the home screen.
I'd appreciate it if you find bugs that you post them here.

Big_Noid, I would gladly help with bug testing, but how do I install the 'svn' version? I'm really sorry, I'm a big NOOB, might there be a link with more info on how to do this?

- BigNoid - 2011-05-10

st graveyard Wrote:Big_Noid, I would gladly help with bug testing, but how do I install the 'svn' version? I'm really sorry, I'm a big NOOB, might there be a link with more info on how to do this?
You don't have to have the svn version to report bugs. There probably some bugs also in the stable version Wink
If you want to the latest version always, but with change that something might break use svn. That can be done by installing an svn client and checkout the url that is in the first post. There are tons of tutorials on google on how to work with svn or git.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-10

I've added a Select default action button for Music, Pictures, Movies, TV Shows, Videos and Programs in the Home window options screen, underneath the option to disable the main menu buttons. I choose to add favorites, because that way anything in XBMC can be added. This also removes the option for the music library button's default behavior.
Sadly this construction only works on the nightly builds, so this option is not gonna make it in the stable release.

Movie Images (Thumbnails) - mosley - 2011-05-10

Can someone explain this to me? When I look at my movies in file mode I see images on the right of the folder list. How come some folders have images, but some dont (some folders have the blue folder image)?

Where is the file for this image located, because for one particular movie it is not in the folder with the movie. I renamed this folder and the image changed to a blue folder. I changed the name back and the same image came back.

And how is this image related to the image I see in the Library Wall view?

- Shinu - 2011-05-10

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah, I'm still dubbing to include it in dharma, since it requires a few extra entries in startup.xml and in Dharma startup is already kinda slow because of the scripts that run on startup.

ok then. take ur time. i've noticed u said that the overlapping flag's been fixed. but i've just check after installing the latest version, and they're the same way.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-10

mosley Wrote:Can someone explain this to me? When I look at my movies in file mode I see images on the right of the folder list. How come some folders have images, but some dont (some folders have the blue folder image)?

Where is the file for this image located, because for one particular movie it is not in the folder with the movie. I renamed this folder and the image changed to a blue folder. I changed the name back and the same image came back.

And how is this image related to the image I see in the Library Wall view?
It shows the cached thumbnail image.
Shinu Wrote:ok then. take ur time. i've noticed u said that the overlapping flag's been fixed. but i've just check after installing the latest version, and they're the same way.
Should be fixed now. It's now only a fallback image.

- Shinu - 2011-05-10

yeah that fixed it. thanx!

- Eisi2005 - 2011-05-11

@Big_Noid

i donĀ“t have change anything at my settings since weeks, but after automatic update of the skin i have the same problem like Mindzai. When i select back the skin will jump to root menu.

Greets
Eisi