Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Aeon Nox 2.0 (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=89151)

- BigNoid - 2011-05-13

SpectreX Wrote:Hey Noid, is it possible to port this viewtype to NOX ? It`s one of the old views of the original Aeon, actually a mod for Aeon, and it`s probably the nicest one ever created for a skin. Stoli is already porting it to the Neon skin
[/url]

Here`s the original thread with the mod files : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=49915&highlight=anoobie+mod3
Really, you think this looks better than showcase view?
In the git version I've added stripshow view for pictures and I was thinking about adding it also to movies (this mod is based on the stripshow view of aeon auriga). I'll try out if this works, but I must admit I'm not a big fan of this particular mod.

- SpectreX - 2011-05-13

Actually, they both look great but "the bomb" would be a combination of both.

Basically Showcase for the poster strip, and for the top/movie info the 2 panels from this view (or 3 if you use the extrathumbs). Right panel with the poster, left one with the movie info/rating/media detail etc. Would something like this be doable?

- ralob - 2011-05-13

Big_Noid Wrote:I'll check it out tonight. I just recently started to use trakt and tried to install the trakt utilities, but that made my xbmc live hang at startup, so I need to fix that first.

Trakt Utilities also freezes up my nightlies when using Nox. It works fine on Confluence in my nightlies, and on Nox in Dharma.

EDIT: Hmm, seems to be my database that Nox isn't liking. Will tinker around and see if I can pinpoint the problem.

- BigNoid - 2011-05-14

SpectreX Wrote:Actually, they both look great but "the bomb" would be a combination of both.

Basically Showcase for the poster strip, and for the top/movie info the 2 panels from this view (or 3 if you use the extrathumbs). Right panel with the poster, left one with the movie info/rating/media detail etc. Would something like this be doable?
Yeah I was thinking also something like that. Don't know when it'll be ready though.

ralob Wrote:Trakt Utilities also freezes up my nightlies when using Nox. It works fine on Confluence in my nightlies, and on Nox in Dharma.

EDIT: Hmm, seems to be my database that Nox isn't liking. Will tinker around and see if I can pinpoint the problem.
I haven't got around to take a good look at the problem, so if you find something please let me know.

- SpectreX - 2011-05-14

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah I was thinking also something like that. Don't know when it'll be ready though.

Great, can`t wait for it Smile. One small thing, you may want to add a trasnparency option to the left panel, the one with the movie info, it would improve llegibility for the text. Or make it less trasnparent (but not totally opaque) from the start, depends how you like it Big Grin

- Rififi77 - 2011-05-14

Hello,
attached the French translation for git and svn.

For Git. --- > strings.xml

For Svn. ---> strings.xml

@+

- BigNoid - 2011-05-14

Rififi77 Wrote:Hello,
attached the French translation for git and svn.

For Git. --- > strings.xml

For Svn. ---> strings.xml

@+
Thx, I'll add them Smile

- casperse - 2011-05-14

Big_Noid Wrote:The main problem with the covers/info is that you added folders to your favourites. So basically it's files view, instead of library. Try playing with smartplaylist as that is a far better way to achieve the same thing. For example, your folder HI-DEF only contains hd material. Make a smartplaylist with a filter for resolution greater than 719. Add that to the main menu, or submenu and all library views and infos are available.
The DVD/BD covers are determined on what videoresolution the file has. in case of iso's XBMC does not know which videoresolution it is until it's been played at least once.
The trailer button is submenu only supports the lite version of the apple movie trailers plugin.

So only way to get XBMC to see 1000 ISO as DVD would be to play all of themNo....

Or could it be possible to edit the XBMC database?

Thanks for the tip about Smart PlayList I will try to use that instead! Big Grin

- BigNoid - 2011-05-14

casperse Wrote:So only way to get XBMC to see 1000 ISO as DVD would be to play all of themNo....

Or could it be possible to edit the XBMC database?

Thanks for the tip about Smart PlayList I will try to use that instead! Big Grin

It's possible to edit the database. I do that many times on my machine to test things. Iso's are a pain I think, not only because of the dvd case, but also not all flags are displayed until it's been determined what type of audio/video it is.
At least in library view it will fallback to a dvd case with disc icons which looks okay I think, but still 3 flags are missing until it's been played.

- Choque - 2011-05-15

I noticed that the videocodec flag is missing for my 1:1 BD rips until I have played the file for at least 1 second. After that it shows the right flag (WMVHD). I'm ripping my BDs with MakeMKV (ripping only the main movie in original quality).

- ralob - 2011-05-15

Big_Noid Wrote:Yeah I was thinking also something like that. Don't know when it'll be ready though.

I haven't got around to take a good look at the problem, so if you find something please let me know.

Well, it turned out that TV Show Next Air was the script causing me trouble. Once deleted, the skin did not hang up at start-up anymore.

- nicknacc - 2011-05-15

i made a custom home menu called hulu that launched hulu desktop, i cant see it in the background customizer to change its fanart

- BigNoid - 2011-05-15

Choque Wrote:I noticed that the videocodec flag is missing for my 1:1 BD rips until I have played the file for at least 1 second. After that it shows the right flag (WMVHD). I'm ripping my BDs with MakeMKV (ripping only the main movie in original quality).
Seems XBMC can't determine the codec until it's been played also for that type of video. Never seen that before with mkv's.
ralob Wrote:Well, it turned out that TV Show Next Air was the script causing me trouble. Once deleted, the skin did not hang up at start-up anymore.
For me if I use the latest test build of trakt utilities it would not hang anymore, also the weather+ addon gave me black screens and hangups on startup. I still have the next aired script installed.
nicknacc Wrote:i made a custom home menu called hulu that launched hulu desktop, i cant see it in the background customizer to change its fanart
I just tested and on all versions of the skin I can change the background for favorites. There are two checks before it shows up in the background customizer, the setting must be enabled and a label must be entered in the favorite shortcuts menu.

- asha_man - 2011-05-15

Can someone please take me through the steps i need to do to grab the latest repository from the git?
I've been using the svn on dharma and that was working nicely for keeping up to date with the latest changes.

i've grabbed a nightly build and have git installed, but i have no idea how to add the pre-eden version of nox to it and then how to go about checking the folder for latest changes via git.

- ralob - 2011-05-15

asha_man Wrote:Can someone please take me through the steps i need to do to grab the latest repository from the git?
I've been using the svn on dharma and that was working nicely for keeping up to date with the latest changes.

i've grabbed a nightly build and have git installed, but i have no idea how to add the pre-eden version of nox to it and then how to go about checking the folder for latest changes via git.

Here is what I do in Linux:

cd .xbmc/addons
git clone https://github.com/BigNoid/Aeon-Nox.git skin.aeon-nox

That gets the repo in your addons folder.

To update, I do this:
cd .xbmc/addons/skin.aeon-nox
git pull

Not sure how Windows or Mac does it, but there are plenty of gui's around in case you don't like the command-line. One is called Smartgit and it is a java-based gui that is multi-platform.