Kodi Community Forum
Mascot Contest - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- Jezz_X - 2011-05-08

nice htpc guy but I think the black and white version needs the nick cut out for the leg still

- stoli - 2011-05-08

Jezz_X Wrote:nice htpc guy but I think the black and white version needs the nick cut out for the leg still

Hell, I'm waiting for the video of him running accross the screen! Big Grin

XBMC Buddy - Revision #1 - b00zer - 2011-05-09

Decided to revise XBMC Buddy and add a sidekick, seems a bit lonely before.

- htpc guy - 2011-05-09

Jezz_X Wrote:nice htpc guy but I think the black and white version needs the nick cut out for the leg still

Thanks for pointing that out Jezz. I went back and edited my original post.

- crash123 - 2011-05-09

Nice job htpc guy it looks really good with that HDMI plug

- htpc guy - 2011-05-09

b00zer Wrote:Decided to revise XBMC Buddy and add a sidekick, seems a bit lonely before.

This is looking pretty good. I like the inclusion of the little tv dude.

Is that a network cable? Watch out cause these guys have something against them for some reason.Rolleyes

- b00zer - 2011-05-09

htpc guy Wrote:This is looking pretty good. I like the inclusion of the little tv dude.

Is that a network cable? Watch out cause these guys have something against them for some reason.Rolleyes

lol - yeah, network cables does'nt seems to be too popular around here. I added a USB & HDMI cable to be on the safe side. btw, really like the little dragon. reminds me of that "how to train your dragon" movie.

- Jezz_X - 2011-05-09

htpc guy Wrote:........... Is that a network cable? Watch out cause these guys have something against them for some reason.Rolleyes
Laugh that was of course personal opinion Smile but I still think the new hdmi one is much better

- VegaOrion - 2011-05-09

MrLuddite Wrote:Hello All! This is my first rough idea for a mascot design.Image
Basically, he is a tubby little alien astronaut. As you probably noticed, he is a cyclops, his helmet/head is one giant eyeball. he has his trusty remote control and his flag to stake out his claim to the new frontiers of media goodness via XBMC. I'll refine this idea a bit more and post updates later. I just wanted to lock this in before anybody else came up with something similar.

This is really great!

- dora - 2011-05-09

ppic Wrote:you're wrong and confusing with xbmp.
xbmc media center stand as it is.
there's already been a discussion about this.

Quote:XBMC was originally created as a media center application for the first-generation Xbox game console

It was quoted from Wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XBMC

- djdafreund - 2011-05-09

Um, noticed it ALSO said "WAS created as", as well as "FORMERLY KNOWN AS..", which is what ppic was pointing out. Which STILL stands. It's still a cute character though Smile

- theuni - 2011-05-09

I can't believe how many awesome submissions we're seeing. And artists even taking suggestions for improvements.. perfect example of a community effort.

Keep it up everyone!

- gr8r-x - 2011-05-09

htpc guy Wrote:Is that a network cable? Watch out cause these guys have something against them for some reason.Rolleyes

It's because most of us are on wifi now. Laugh

Where as pretty much everyone will be using HDMI or similar to hook it up to a TV.

And FYI: Loving both of the dragons - coloured and BW!

- da-anda - 2011-05-09

As for the HDMI plug - let's just hope that standard doesn't change in the near future - but wait, wasn't there something like HDMI via WiFi as well. So no more cables now to any plug besides of the power plug - poor Ecksby getting his tail cut off now Wink

- Hitcher - 2011-05-09

htpc guy Wrote:Poor Ecksby was getting hammered about his Cat5 tail so I changed the tail to an HDMI port. Also cleaned him up a bit and changed the shadow. He's a completely transparent .png now. I uploaded this to imageshack this time because I hate how flicker handles transparent .png's

Ecksby

Black and White Version

Splash Screen

Hope everyone likes it.
I like this version better than the previous one now that I have it finishedLaugh

Winner?