Kodi Community Forum
Mascot Contest - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Kodi related discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Mascot Contest (/showthread.php?tid=100434)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33

- x23piracy - 2011-06-02

Hi,

grumpygamer Wrote:Wow we are close and I'm a bit behind...
still got a ton of stuff to do: T-Shirt

Anyways here's a rapid development of another sketch I had developed previously:

I find the popcorn bucket to similar to the popcorn hour popcorn bucket.

Finally i love that weazel or what ever it is Wink

Can you bring the xbmc logo to the pocorn bucket and give it colors out of the xbmc logo?
XBMC powered Popcorn Wink

Is there a way to make the weazel eye shadow look like the X instead of two side laying comma?

Greetz X23

- grumpygamer - 2011-06-02

x23piracy Wrote:Hi,

I find the popcorn bucket to similar to the popcorn hour popcorn bucket.

Finally i love that weazel or what ever it is Wink

Can you bring the xbmc logo to the pocorn bucket and give it colors out of the xbmc logo?
XBMC powered Popcorn Wink

Is there a way to make the weazel eye shadow look like the X instead of two side laying comma?

Greetz X23

Hey, it's a sloth, not a weasel, and the popcorn bag is really a standard one (just google images for 'popcorn bag' you'll see what I mean)

I have planned to add some gadget to the sloth eventually, and I don't really feel like messing with the eyes since they are what makes a sloth be recognizable! Big Grin

EDIT:
Here's another logo version on black background and with the loader dots... stylish

L8R
- gg

- PMKnecht - 2011-06-03

htpc guy Wrote:Poor Ecksby was getting hammered about his Cat5 tail so I changed the tail to an HDMI port. Also cleaned him up a bit and changed the shadow. He's a completely transparent .png now. I uploaded this to imageshack this time because I hate how flicker handles transparent .png's

Ecksby

Black and White Version

Splash Screen

Hope everyone likes it.
I like this version better than the previous one now that I have it finishedLaugh

+1 in B&W. The colored version needs some more simplification. It's too complex from the shading&coloring perspective Smile

- htpc guy - 2011-06-03

@PMKnecht

Thanks for the bump on Eksby! I was beginning to wonder if he was forgotten about.

- vampire666 - 2011-06-03

Should I post here all the images or can I post just a few, and then give a link to flickr's photostream for all the variation (I have a lot of images (*coff* 45 *coff*coff*) and don't want to take too much space...it will be a sort of spamming I guess)? Smile

- grumpygamer - 2011-06-03

Ok t-shirts are done as well (3:02 am!)

here's the original:

here are some samples:

It's really easy to mess around with the sloth's face and add any sort of prop such as hats, suits, capes, etc...

I nearly done a batman-caped sloth Smile

Here are another couple of t-shirt samples with the other images:

Ok I think that's it, if it happens we get more time I'll finish the other variants (batman, superman and spaceman)
Good night!
- gg

Here cones a new challenger ! - gizmoatwork - 2011-06-03

Hi XBMC community.

I am very happy to get into this mascot contest.
Here is my entry :

I won't go with the regular "check my mascot on this T-Shirt when it close-fits this hot girl" Wink

Because, hey, come on, guys, we're talking about the official XBMC mascot. Something big here. So let's see big.

Say, this could end on CNN :

We could see it on big sport events :

Yes, we could see the world changing. NGOs would start embrace this new figure as an emblem of freedom, love and digital entertainment and spread the message all around capital cities :

This is the start of a new era. Event big players would recognize their new shepherd :

Anyways...

Lots of interesting entries. A contest is always a challenge. Can't wait to see the results.

Enjoy !

- woodsdog_22 - 2011-06-03

Mine is not great, but thought the idea is their, needs some(alot) polish.
I thought of using a hand as the mascot, many people could alter use and utilise it in many ways. Lots of things coming out by the way of touch, hand gestures and alike.

As shown below, I wanted to create a Hand, poorly at best, but hopefully you get the idea. Use the hand in various ways to show stuff... eg holding Films, Music notes and alike, coming at you in a 3D format style.
For the Main Mascot, I wanted the 3D hand holding XBMC or something to that effect, serving up XBMC on a platter, just like it does with our media needs. - but I'm not skilled enough to do that...
http://twitpic.com/567ncn
http://twitpic.com/567nnb
http://twitpic.com/567uqb

hopefully you just sort of get what I'm getting at, maybe someone else can make it better. I think everything is in our hands, everything is at the touch of a button, screen, its all their in the palm of you hand with XBMC.

Good luck everyone.

cheers

- wmclain - 2011-06-03

just for fun - joen - 2011-06-03

just for the fun of it:

Law - The Mighty White Tiger - Allfodr - 2011-06-03

OK, here I go, from start to final design.

Inspiration

Then I did five or six different drawings. Here is one I scanned and used in Illustrator

Wanted to keep it simple and clean, removed the outline and simplified the sketch a bit.
First time using Illustrator but it was a great fun. Good luck to everyone, there are really great entries. Ecksby is my favorite Big Grin
Here is the final design... http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5183/5793037503_e5fb9c7842_b.jpg

XBMC mascot entry! - JNetRocks - 2011-06-03

First off, sorry this is so close to the cut off. I was on vacation for 2 weeks and just got home on Wednesday. :3 My boyfriend and I are huge XBMC fans. We have it on like 3 media centers through our house. He's the techy guy, but I <3 you guys too!

So my mascot is a little XBMC tech girl - I've been calling her Dash but if someone has a better name, I'm all for it! Nod

These first two are both vector images made in Paint Tool Sai / Adobe Illustrator. They can both scale and what not.

Then I also did a version in Photoshop that is more painted and could be used for websites and what not, but it is a raster image.

I hope you guys like her! XBMC = awesome!

- da-anda - 2011-06-03

Allfodr Wrote:Wanted to keep it simple and clean, removed the outline and simplified the sketch a bit.

As long as you don't apply some shading to your drawing you should keep the outlines for better readability.
Also, one thing I noticed is that the stripes of tigers seem to be at least to about 60% symetric, especially in the face, which makes the face in your drawing look a bit odd.
(just as constructive criticism/help for your further drawings)

- rflores2323 - 2011-06-03

gizmoatwork Wrote:Hi XBMC community.

I am very happy to get into this mascot contest.
Here is my entry :

This is a great design and looks very polished.

Man there are alot of great entries.. Im glad Im not picking as I have llike 4-5 favs. Cant wait to see the results.

Big Grin

- Allfodr - 2011-06-03

@da-anda
Thanks for comment/criticism, I haven't done any hand drawing for about 10 years (as you can see from the original sketch). You should see my first attempts Rolleyes My hands are totally rough/rusty No
But it was so fun and relaxing for me, and I'm thinking to start drawing again. I should be reading tutorials on Photoshop and Illustrator also. Your Zappy is great by the way, and you will probably win this contest Nod Cheers!