Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS (/showthread.php?tid=100795)

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - lazyguy - 2012-12-05

(2012-12-04, 08:57)ajay Wrote:
(2012-12-04, 07:17)lazyguy Wrote: Ajay,

thanks for the initiative to update this plugin. I don't know how you plan to handle the myriad of possibilities that site can throw at you while scraping it. They do not seem to follow any general rule. Sometimes the links take you to another domain, and other times it refers to pages on the same domain with the video itself. Sometimes the movie parts are on different pages, and other times they are on the same page. Some movies have play lists, some don't. Some do autoplay while others don't. And then throw in the different hosters and you have got so many possible scraping scenarios. Anyhow, kudos on your effort and let us know if you need some coding help. Some suggestions, if I may,

1. Use urlresolver if possible for major sites like youtube, dailymotion etc. That module gets updated frequently and have lot of support behind it.
2. If possible keep a flat file of the list of movies with links on the local machine. There is no point scarping the whole page everytime.
3. Keep the structure as simple as possible, so that less enlightened folks like us can perform occassional touchup coding, if you are OK with it.

Thanks.

Thanks for sharing valuable inputs. I am rewriting complete addon using in house framework: Turtle. It is now very simple to understand. I have already update Turtle to use UrlResolver for URLs that are not understood to Snapper module of turtle. I keep youtube and daily motion streaming always up in most of the cases.
I have also use meta handler module to retrieve movie images in this new version. Please let me know if you are interested in making this addon with me.

Thanks Ajay for your reply. I shall try my best to help you out as much my time permits. Can you please send me a brief description how the turtle framework works? You can send me the info through pm. I tried to browse the repo, but saw many old files and was confused.

Thanks.

[RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - ajay - 2012-12-05

It looks like a problem caused by difference in python version in two xbmc versions. I will investigate further and let you know guys.

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - pmolson - 2012-12-05

Thanks Bro!

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - Dura - 2012-12-07

yeh its may be different versions of xbmc on my laptop im using xbmc frodo, filmi by nature works fine on there. but on my apple tv2 and ipad 3,im using xbmc eden and i keep getting error when i select hd movies.

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - ajay - 2012-12-08

Guys,

This weekend I got a chance to run latest Filmi By Nature on my apple tv and debug the problem. The issue has been fixed, it should work on all xvmc
versions. Enjoy!

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - Broleyed - 2012-12-08

Please add this on your addon.py This you can use it for searching the movie by using a keyboard

@plugin.route('/', default=True)
def show_index():
__log('show_index start')
if not __check_login():
return # if this is bypassed playback will fail anyway
items = list()
# Add search movies by title
items.append({'label': 'Search movies by title',
'url': plugin.url_for('search'),
'iconImage': __get_icon('Search by title')})

@plugin.route('/search/')
def search():
__log('search start')
per_page = __get_per_page()
page = '1'
search_string = None
keyboard = xbmc.Keyboard('', 'Enter Search String')
keyboard.doModal()
if keyboard.isConfirmed() and keyboard.getText():
search_string = keyboard.getText().decode('utf8')
__log('search gots a string: "%s"' % search_string)
if '*' not in search_string:
search_string = '*%s*' % search_string
__log('altered search string to: "%s"' % search_string)
path = 'title-%s' % search_string
items, has_next_page = scraper.get_movies(path, page, per_page,
'title,ASC')
# Add context menu items for title and actor search
for item in items:
item['context_menu'] = []
for cast in item['info']['cast']:
s_path = 'cast-%s' % cast
item['context_menu'].append(('Movies with %s' % cast,
'XBMC.Container.Update(%s)'
% (plugin.url_for('show_movies',
path=s_path,
sorting='-',
page='1'))))
item['url'] = plugin.url_for('show_movie_files', id=item['id'],
page='0')
__log('search end')
return plugin.add_items_adv(items, view_mode='500')

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - pmolson - 2012-12-08

(2012-12-08, 10:12)ajay Wrote: Guys,

This weekend I got a chance to run latest Filmi By Nature on my apple tv and debug the problem. The issue has been fixed, it should work on all xvmc
versions. Enjoy!

Thank You Very Much AJ! Looking fwd to the rest of the links to be up & running! Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - chatoorchand - 2012-12-09

AJ..thanks for the latest update...HD movie section is working great!!

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - KILLERNADS - 2012-12-09

Thanks alot AJ, havnt yet tested the updated addon but will do soon. One thing, is it possible for you to capture dead links (due to copyright issues or whatever), and paste an image or text on the movie poster or next to the movie name?! or even completely remove it from the list?

Just really a sujjesstion to see if it can be done or not as i have no idea.

thanks for your hard work!

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - Pivos Linux - 2012-12-10

Thanks a lot for updating this add on, working on my window vista running xbmc eden HD Movies are working fine.

Also i am testing this on my Pivos box xbmc linux version, where i am finding the same issue which i was having on previous version of filmi it will say grabbing movies once it goes up to 188 MSG box won't go away .. you can't close it even manually .. basically you can't do nothing at all.

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - pmolson - 2012-12-11

AJ Bhai, some movies (i.e. Cocktail, Jism2) are no longer working (they won't load) on Eden & Frodo (windows)! Getting the same error as before..."failed to retrieve movie information...please try again later...."

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - djjungly - 2012-12-11

can some one guide me to indian/pakistani contents. I am new to this, i just downloaded xbmc on my vista. i got sportdevil enabled. how do I get filmi and its content. I tried reading trough this forum but it seems like things are keep changing. can someone tell me how to get started?

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - bazigger143 - 2012-12-21

we are waiting for hindi movies. you going to fix for us or notHuh?

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - ajay - 2012-12-22

ADDED Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Punjabi movie sections

RE: [RELEASE] Filmi BY NATURE Add-on - MOVIES[Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]+MUSIC+TV SHOWS - chatoorchand - 2012-12-22

@Ajay:

I am getting script error: turtlemain.py with both filmi by nature and tv on desi zone, I already did uninstall it deleted userdata and reinstalled the addon however it did not solve the problem...

Do you any fix for it, help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks