[RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden - Printable Version
+- Kodi Community Forum (http://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Rapier (/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Rapier 4.00 RC1 for XBMC Eden (/showthread.php?tid=100882)
Download? - wildpalms - 2011-08-01 14:21
Scarfa, amazing skin you make, any chance of downloading original images individually instead of in the texture pack? Can you make available somewhere to downloads?
- Juno - 2011-08-01 14:22
Do You remember me?
- scarfa - 2011-08-01 21:59
wildpalms Wrote:Scarfa, amazing skin you make, any chance of downloading original images individually instead of in the texture pack? Can you make available somewhere to downloads?
Full source will be available when the skin goes final.
- scarfa - 2011-08-01 21:59
Yes I do.
- scarfa - 2011-08-01 22:00
I am currently putting on the finishing touches for the next update. So very soon.
- scarfa - 2011-08-01 22:04
masterosok Wrote:I love this skin and have been using it for awhile. I don't want to insult or anything, but I was wondering if there was a way to donate, Scarfa? I know all this takes time and effort and I would love to contribute if possible.
Thats very thoughtful of you but there's no need to donate. I work on Rapier to contribute to the XBMC community. Your like and appreciation for my work is more than enough.
- revned - 2011-08-01 22:32
I really like this skin. Just one question though. Could you make a view like this one, but with fanart instead of posters and a "press down to play trailer"option?
- svinyard - 2011-08-02 19:13
In your screenshots you have some nice backgrounds. Where can I download those? (not the fan art)
- Stranger - 2011-08-02 23:31
scarfa Wrote:I am currently putting on the finishing touches for the next update. So very soon.
- Westward - 2011-08-03 02:08
scarfa Wrote:Hello PatOso, I checked out the view and its pretty similiar to what I already have for the next update.
This is quite similar to the Wallstream view in Qualar's mod, so it's very much appreciated, Scarfa! That's what I prefer for my movie collection.
A few questions:
1. How do I get the Weather widget onto the Home screen (or can you make that an option?)
1.a. In the weather options, can you add a Fahrenheit/Celsius toggle?
1.b. Is there a way to clear area code 2 and 3? I really only need one and don't want to be stuck with the defaults.
2. I've set TV shows to List Info, but it switches to List on the Season level of a show. There's no option for List Info at this level, and actually it's very barebones compared to what's available on TV Show and the Episode level (4 instead of 7 options). When I then enter a season, I can then select List Info again.
Is it possible to fix this?
2.a. In List Info, can you add an option to have the poster at the center with the info text on the left?
3. Since the OSD audio/subtitle screen shows what audio streams are available, is it possible to add this info in the bottom info bar? Preferably with country flags. It would make it easier to see which videos have more than one language available.
3.a. Also, can you add the movie/tv show title bigger and in the bottom left of the info bar? This was very convenient in Qualar's mod.
4. Could you add optional grey/white codec and aspect ratio images, or how can I replace them? The blue is too bright for me.
5. Any plans to bring movie/tv station logos to the skin?
6. Is there any way you can add a volume slider in the OSD? Again, having it less than a click away (using keyboard with integrated trackball) would make it more conventient.
6.a. On that note, using the keyboard, it would be aces if the scroll wheel could increase/decrease volume when the mouse is focused over such a slider, while keeping the fast-forward/backward functionality intact when the cursor is not on the volume slider.
7. It would be cool if you'd add the option to hide the breadcrumbs bar, have the options bar always on top and at the top, and have the clock on the right below the options bar - the way it was possible in Qualar's mod.
I know this is a lot to ask since you have a specific design goal in mind, but more options would be nice.
While these are quite a few specific concerns, please know that I appreciate your hard work very much. The updates you've made are great, and the skin is faster than ever on both computers I run XBMC on. Just wanting to give you some more food for thought.
- wildpalms - 2011-08-03 05:22
Westward Wrote:This is quite similar to the Wallstream view in Qualar's mod, so it's very much appreciated, Scarfa! That's what I prefer for my movie collection.
Wow... anything else? Would you like that on a silver platter with a cold beverage brought to your bedside? Considering this skin is due for release as indicated by Scarfa, now is not the time to ask for a million features to be added.
- Westward - 2011-08-03 17:08
wildpalms Wrote:Wow... anything else? Would you like that on a silver platter with a cold beverage brought to your bedside? Considering this skin is due for release as indicated by Scarfa, now is not the time to ask for a million features to be added.
If not now, when? I don't expect everything to be even possible or to make it into the next release. As I said, it's meant as food for thought for Scarfa, even if just to consider it for way down the line.
Apologies for offending you like this.
Edited to add: I hadn't been on the forum since the middle of April, so asking my above questions earlier just wasn't possible. Spent the day yesterday to work my way through the thread to see if any of my concerns had been addressed before, and only then posted. It wasn't my intention to piss anybody off.
- Stranger - 2011-08-03 19:05
Westward Wrote:If not now, when? I don't expect everything to be even possible or to make it into the next release. As I said, it's meant as food for thought for Scarfa, even if just to consider it for way down the line.
Why did you reply? That guy has 2 posts.
- Westward - 2011-08-03 20:56
Stranger Wrote:Why did you reply? That guy has 2 posts.
Good question, probably to make sure Scarfa knows my intentions.
- scarfa - 2011-08-04 02:49
Please, no internet drama.
Heres a screenshot to show the new sub menu system.