Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- tscustoms - 2011-08-12

I am using it as we speak and so far its working really well i've watched a few episodes on adult swim......But i do have a question, i have a live tv tab on my skin anyone know of a thread to show me how i can set this to work under live tv instead of videos thanks

Windows Pausing Issue: Resolved - kreeturez - 2011-08-14

This plugin just plain rocks. Thanks, BlueCop!

Btw: the pausing issue under Windows (where the stream would stop a few seconds after resuming from pausing) is sorted in the latest nightlies! Seems to have sorted the same issue out in a few other RTMP-based plugins as well!

- pkscout - 2011-08-15

I noticed yesterday that the episode numbering for TNT shows has changed. Shows used to show up numbered as something like 2x03 but now they are showing up as 2x203. I'm using the XBMC.MyLibrary script to add these streams to my TV Show library, and the numbering change means they don't get added (since there isn't an episode 203). Is this something in the parsing of TNT that can be fixed, or do I need to do something post stream download to fix the name?

Also, it seems like things are ending up in the list below they end up on the TNT web site. Last week Rizzoli & Isles has an episode in the list that wasn't on the web site, and the stream didn't work until it actually showed up on the web site. This week there are two episodes of Leverage on the list that aren't on the web site. As before, those streams don't work either.

Thanks.

- BlueCop - 2011-08-15

pkscout: I will look into it. it is probably parsing something wrong. I have updates for tbs and tnt to fix many problems. they changed a few things. tbs is switched 720p h264 from sd vp6/mp3. tnt just fixes some urls. the old ones had content that hadn't been published and couldn't be authorized to play. i have this fixed now though.

Good news everyone! (really bad news)

1. I made a comedy central channel which had south park, daily show, colbert, and several cc shows. they switched to swf verify2 and now cant be played.

2. Fox might be down for a while. they switched to streaming multiply small encrypted files. once decrypted it is just an mp4 file. One can grab the action script for decryption and key exchange. it would need some work to get working. other fox properties might make this switch as well.

I am trying to setup an automated test to find problems in the stations. I am still unhappy with several stations because the sites just suck in the ways they organize content. I will try to get up most everything that still working. I will just disable the non-working stuff for now. Some might work again in the future. i might whitelist vh1 because its content is so sparse.

- icecuban - 2011-08-15

Does the change at comedy central affect any of the other comedy central based add-ons?

- BlueCop - 2011-08-15

comedy central is a viacom company. other viacom properties(mtv, vh1, nick) are still working for me.

- pkscout - 2011-08-16

BlueCop Wrote:pkscout: I will look into it. it is probably parsing something wrong. I have updates for tbs and tnt to fix many problems. they changed a few things. tbs is switched 720p h264 from sd vp6/mp3. tnt just fixes some urls. the old ones had content that hadn't been published and couldn't be authorized to play. i have this fixed now though.

Did you push out an update today sometime? I ask only because I'm getting different results with the TNT stuff than I did yesterday. Falling Skies has the right numbering now (but episode 1 is still showing up on the plugin's list even though it isn't on the web site anymore), Leverage remains the same (two unpublished episodes with the bad numbering), and now I'm missing an episode of Rizzoli & Isles that is on the web site (and showed up in the plug-in this morning before I went to work).

Is there some kind of cache I need to try and delete? I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin just to make sure. I know there's a fine line between reporting issues and harassing you, so if no update went out today you can probably ignore most of this, as it's all in the same vein of my post earlier.

Thanks.

- docmichael - 2011-08-16

Bluecop,Any luck adding startrek.com to this like you had mentioned?
Many thanks!

- uklapps - 2011-08-16

BlueCop Wrote:pkscout:
1. I made a comedy central channel which had south park, daily show, colbert, and several cc shows. they switched to swf verify2 and now cant be played.

Hi bluecop
Will the comedy central channel get added to 'free cable'. If so does it auotamatically get added?

I tried looking for it every way i could think, other than getting a new zip file, and i cant seem to find it

Many thanks

- BlueCop - 2011-08-16

I just committed the newer code. should fix some problems and add some stations.

the new stations are in this version are a&e, adult swim, cartoon network, mtv, vh1. several fixes foe old stations.

comedy central and fox are both down. comedy central shows could comback when swf verify2 is supported by librtmp. fox is doing a new method to of encrypting their content so wont be back soon.

many more still to come. I have just been lazy finishing stations. I also got an email with some help for history and lifetime. anyway I will commit more stations later

I included a showdb but it would be built if not there.

- rflores2323 - 2011-08-16

BlueCop Wrote:I just committed the newer code. should fix some problems and add some stations.

the new stations are in this version are a&e, adult swim, cartoon network, mtv, vh1. several fixes foe old stations.

comedy central and fox are both down. comedy central shows could comback when swf verify2 is supported by librtmp. fox is doing a new method to of encrypting their content so wont be back soon.

many more still to come. I have just been lazy finishing stations. I also got an email with some help for history and lifetime. anyway I will commit more stations later

Thanks for your hard work on this plugin. Big Grin

- mrdally204 - 2011-08-16

Cool, look forward to trying it out later tonight. Is there any chance of it working on an xbox?

- kreeturez - 2011-08-16

rflores2323 Wrote:Thanks for your hard work on this plugin. Big Grin

+1; proper awesome.

- ugotd8 - 2011-08-17

BlueCop Wrote:I just committed the newer code. should fix some problems and add some stations.

+2, fantastic plugin. Thank you.

It's rather funny, I've put in a ton of work setting up my CIFS opensolaris server, 2 HTPCs running XBMC with Aeon Nox, scraping and etc etc. My wife only uttered the phrase "this is awesome" once... After I installed the Free Cable plugin. Big Grin

One question if I may. Does anyone else have the problem that when you are playing back a streamed show via this plugin, if you hit "pause" and then "play" the stream will play for a few seconds then stop ?

- BlueCop - 2011-08-17

mrblack: I still need to work out what is available on xbox for db. i dunno if a db is need but seems to be fastest.

ugotd8: the pausing problem has existed for a while. someone reported it is fixed in the latest nightlys but i cant confirm yet. you can skip around the stream at will though so stoping the stream and going back to where you were isnt too bad.

edit: I committed history channel. I didn't update the showdb with them yet. I am going to be adding more stations soon so will update it then. you could delete your showdb and the plug-in would rebuild it from the available stations. You have to manually select the right show for some searches. I am working on a system where I can train it a bit so it can be easily updated.