Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

- inetjnky - 2012-01-09

I agree witht he NBC Sports request. It has a bunch of video content on there, including olympic coverage!

- bharath23 - 2012-01-10

I am not sure if something changed around ABC's end but none of the shows are coming up. If I go to actual ABC website they do have episodes but I am unable to even list the available episodes using the plugin.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-10

abc family is broken too. they changed a few things around on their website. abc family was an easy fix.

abc itself needs multi-season fixes as well as updates for their recent site changes.

- melonious - 2012-01-10

hey guys I installed the zip file through XMBC install from zip option. Where can I view the channels now? Thanks

- pyite - 2012-01-11

The video add ons section of videos.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-11

I committed an update with various fixes.

It includes fixes for abc, abc family, cbs classics, history, oxygen, spike, syfy, and tvland.

It also includes a subtitle support for CBS.

- mrdally204 - 2012-01-11

I tried to rep you for it, but it appears I have given you too many reps already Smile Thanks for this and for all the work you do on add ons. They really make XBMC my go to for tv viewing!

keeps buffering - katmandu42 - 2012-01-12

This may be a more general question but I only use free cable and icefilms for video plugins.

I have 30M connection but get buffering every few minutes/seconds when watching free cable episodes. When it happens I check my connection and it is screaming so I don't think it is a bandwidth issue.

Could it be the server upload speed (mainly spike TV) or some sort of general cache setting?

The problem seems to get worse as I watch leading me to believe something is building up and getting full leading to the dropouts.

TIA

EDIT: I restarted windows and it seemed to be streaming fine leading me to believe there is a temp file or cache that was full. What would be the best solution to this besides mapping a restart key to my remote? Lol

EDIT2: 30 minutes into the first episode after restart and the buffering issue is back.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-12

The playback is all handled by xbmc. The plugin just passes a url to xbmc.

Which stations are you referring to? they are all hosted by different companies with various CDNs and servers.

I would lower the bitrate if you have buffering issues. You can't currently control the cache used for rtmp in xbmc though.

I haven't had any caching problems that weren't related to not enough bandwidth being available.

- mrdally204 - 2012-01-12

Katmandu,

Could it possibly be your ISP throttling you video connection?

- johnnyeye - 2012-01-12

Hi guys. I've installed the repo and the lists all show up but programs don't play. example is i click on a hulu program and it plays the opening ad but not the selected program. is this because i am outside the US? I keep getting error messages in the bottom right corner something like plugin.video.hulu.com or plugin.video.espn.ca etc

- Pednick - 2012-01-12

johnnyeye Wrote:Hi guys. I've installed the repo and the lists all show up but programs don't play. example is i click on a hulu program and it plays the opening ad but not the selected program. is this because i am outside the US? I keep getting error messages in the bottom right corner something like plugin.video.hulu.com or plugin.video.espn.ca etc

Yep you need a vpn like hotspot shield if you're working through windows or find a free vpn if you're workiing through linux.

- User 46219 - 2012-01-13

BlueCop, I tried uncommenting comedy central in the /resources/lib/_common.py file but doing so give me a 'script failed' error when trying to start the plugin.

- BlueCop - 2012-01-13

Quote:'TV Land':'tvland'
#'Comedy Central':'comedy',
sorry you need to add a comma after tvland and remove the one from comedy central. I should have looked before I spoke. it will break the dictionary otherwise.

I need to work more on a method to enable/disable stations easily in the plugin.

- katmandu42 - 2012-01-13

mrdally204 Wrote:Katmandu,

Could it possibly be your ISP throttling you video connection?

I don't think so. I switched to another show on the same channel (spike) and it played fine. I thought maybe there was a sow-specific cache but couldn't find anything obvious when I looked in the plugin section of user/Appdata/XBMC/Addons/...Freecable...

Maybe it's just that particular show (bar rescue!) I'm done with the season now so hopefully it won't creep up again until near the end of another season of a different show.