Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - wilson.joe - 2012-03-16

any plans to add Qubo Videos there is a good handful of children videos on there.
Here in the states most of them don't work for me right now either.

(2012-03-04, 15:39)Fourhead Wrote: Is it right, that many add-ons did only work in the USA properly? With free cable I can access all the channels, they even show me their content, but here in germany the shows don't play. I.e. NBC runs great, AMC does not. Is there a way to go around it? Again: Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-03-16

They are working great for me.

reporting "most of them don't work" doesn't help solve anything. Please be specific of exactly what you try and post logs if the script fails or the video doesn't play.

if you are on Dharma then you need an upgrade to Eden or upgrade your librtmp. Dharma's librtmp is too old.

I go through this every time someone reports "this doesn't work".

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-03-16

Just another appreciation post from me. My girlfriend and I use this and many more of your addons daily. I want to thank you again for releasing, updating, fixing and creating new and entertaining addons for the community as a whole. And another BIG thank you from the Xbox community for keeping these addons universal (on purpose or not Big Grin) I use em on my Apple TV, Xbox and Windows install and have turned many new people onto XBMC with your addons alone. Hats off to you sir!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - baci39 - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 19:01)mrdally204 Wrote: Just another appreciation post from me. My girlfriend and I use this and many more of your addons daily. I want to thank you again for releasing, updating, fixing and creating new and entertaining addons for the community as a whole. And another BIG thank you from the Xbox community for keeping these addons universal (on purpose or not Big Grin) I use em on my Apple TV, Xbox and Windows install and have turned many new people onto XBMC with your addons alone. Hats off to you sir!

Could not have said it better!!!!!! Thank-You Sir.......

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - SamHill - 2012-03-16

(2012-03-16, 18:22)BlueCop Wrote: They are working great for me.

reporting "most of them don't work" doesn't help solve anything. Please be specific of exactly what you try and post logs if the script fails or the video doesn't play.

if you are on Dharma then you need an upgrade to Eden or upgrade your librtmp. Dharma's librtmp is too old.

You should just add the above post to your signature to avoid retype all the time.Rofl

Just a quick note that this and the Hulu plugin you created are the two most used features on my XMBC and TV. Thanks for all your hard work.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - WildBill - 2012-03-24

Is Disney channel and Disney XD good or is it like FOX?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - wilson.joe - 2012-03-24

I didn't realize it had disney..

(2012-03-24, 00:41)WildBill Wrote: Is Disney channel and Disney XD good or is it like FOX?

I am constantly using the latest build for linux so the librtmp shouldn't be the issue
I am having. Though I can see the video links in say Nickelodeon when I click them
to play I get a plugin error. I will post the log as soon as I get back to the media
center, and sorry for not being specific. Sometimes the stations work like TV Land
but then another day they don't work at all. Im currently able to get WB and THE CW
working..

(2012-03-16, 18:22)BlueCop Wrote: Please be specific of exactly what you try and post logs if the script fails or the video doesn't play.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - wizi - 2012-03-24

I installed the repo from the first post to my ATV2 with xbmc but I cannot find the addon listed in enabled addons. Can someone help me ?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - wilson.joe - 2012-03-24

Code:
21:57:08 T:2792573808  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
21:57:08 T:2792573808   ERROR: /home/xbmc/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.free.cable/resources/lib/_common.py:9: DeprecationWarning: the md5 module is deprecated; use hashlib instead import md5
21:57:08 T:2792573808   ERROR: /usr/share/xbmc/addons/script.module.pysqlite/lib/pysqlite2/__init__.py:34: UserWarning: DeprecationWarning: the pysqlite2 module is deprecated; please change your script to use sqlite3.
warnings.warn("DeprecationWarning: the pysqlite2 module is deprecated; please change your script to use sqlite3.")
21:57:08 T:2792573808  NOTICE: common.args
21:57:08 T:2792573808  NOTICE: {'url': 'http://abc.go.com/watch/body-of-proof/SH5580165/VD55179081/identity?rfr=rss', 'sitemode': 'play', 'mode': 'abc'}
21:57:08 T:2792573808  NOTICE: addoncompat.py: XBMC Revision not available - Version String: 11.0 Git:Unknown
21:57:08 T:2792573808  NOTICE:
[/php]

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - oligolli - 2012-03-25

I'm getting the same errors as wilson.joe. I've just updated to eden, it worked fine on dharma.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-03-25

what joe posted isn't relevant to any function he mentioned wasn't working.

like I said before. be specific and post logs to pastebin. that snippet is just loading imports. it has nothing relevant.

i can almost guarantee that joes librtmp isn't updated but I don't have lgs to confirm it.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - oligolli - 2012-03-25

Maybe this is more useful:
http://pastebin.com/LDVz56Pe

EDIT: ABC seems to be working ok, I'll test the others tomorrow but it can be awkward to tell what is a genuine error and what is a geolocation issue (I'm outside the US).

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BaronBaron - 2012-03-27

Most of the stations don't work for me, script error, lol.

I get that I have to reproduce the error by turning on bug report and posting it but can somebody tell me where on an atv2 with edan 3 the report is located and if I should delete the one there first? Thanks.

I can get NBC this week, last week I got a script error once and rebooted the atv and it worked after that but now that's not working.

edit: lol, now the reboot fixes the problem, still would be cool to know the log location for the nxt time.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - ailingcoot - 2012-03-28

For the free cable plug-in ,most of the channels are working except food network. Any tricks for non-US ip? even proxy enabled still not working.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BaronBaron - 2012-03-28

Most of the channels work outside of the states anyway, the few that don't work fine for me when I turn on my vpn.