Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - bodhi - 2012-08-05

Quote:
(2012-08-02, 22:21)BlueCop Wrote: Beachfront: Democracy now is great. I love Amy Goodman. I have left live content to other people and focused on anything that serves full episodes. Most of these station sites don't have live streams available on them.

I actually have a fairly advanced C-SPAN plugin with many cool options that I haven't published. I was debating making it a station in free cable. I was thinking of journalism/news type content doesn't fit well. I just go to Free Cable to be entertained and not be informed really. I was thinking of something separate for that. I wanted a rather sarcastic title for a news plugin like "ill-informed" or "ignorant wretch".

Thanks for considering these live streams BlueCop! "Democracy Now" would be a great addition

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - angrycamel - 2012-08-06

For anyone interested, I patched the XBMC.MyLibrary tool last night to filter on runtime. I was able to pull down an organized and well named folder structure of all full episodes only from the entire history channel lineup with a single filter. This fed into channels on PseudoTV nicely.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98210&pid=1163355#pid1163355

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - spanktastic2120 - 2012-08-07

there are a lot of biographies on http://www.biography.com/videos/full-bios that do not show up anywhere in the add-on that i can find. im not sure if you were unable to add these or if its an unknown error, it would be cool if you added them. thanks for such an awesome add-on though.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - onexkid - 2012-08-08

Hello all, noob here and I did a lot of reading on this issue. I was able to get the repo added and the add-on installed. I am able to get to everything easily, the problem is when I select a show to watch it says working at the bottom right corner for like 5-10 seconds then it goes away and the show never starts.

Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to do any addition steps to make this work?

A little about my set up

ATV2 latest firmware
XBMC Eden latest version
FreeCable latest version installed from BlueCop's repo.
other add-ons (sports devil, icefilms, ustvnow) working good except for the occasional icefilms script errors

Thanks in advance!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - oneadvent - 2012-08-08

Most important part is what are you trying to watch and can you see it on their site? For instance some of Teen Mom is down right now, but it is down on MTVs site which Bluecop can do nothing about.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - onexkid - 2012-08-08

(2012-08-08, 22:47)oneadvent Wrote: Most important part is what are you trying to watch and can you see it on their site? For instance some of Teen Mom is down right now, but it is down on MTVs site which Bluecop can do nothing about.

Yeah, that was one of them. Let me try some more and I'll report back with the results.

Thanks for the quick reply!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-08-08

angrycamel: thanks! very useful information.

spanktastic2120: I committed an update to add a Full Biographies item to the bio channel.

it also fixed spike shows only displaying a single season. it also won't display episodes that aren't available. it listed some future items before but they were not playable.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Astro2004 - 2012-08-09

Really enjoy this plugin! on of my favourites.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - hirosushima - 2012-08-10

Having trouble with this plugin on ATV2Black, 4.x edition. Was working fine then 2 days ago just stopped playing streams. It says loading then screen goes black like it is going to play the video and then crashes back to the list of episodes. Sometimes it will even start the video for maybe 1 second and then crash again. Any suggestions?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-10, 07:32)hirosushima Wrote: Having trouble with this plugin on ATV2Black, 4.x edition. Was working fine then 2 days ago just stopped playing streams. It says loading then screen goes black like it is going to play the video and then crashes back to the list of episodes. Sometimes it will even start the video for maybe 1 second and then crash again. Any suggestions?
Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch this add-on and do whatever you did previously to make it crash. Locate your debug log (wiki) and upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com . Note the URL assigned to your uploaded log and post the URL here in your reply.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - hirosushima - 2012-08-10

(2012-08-10, 07:39)artrafael Wrote:
(2012-08-10, 07:32)hirosushima Wrote: Having trouble with this plugin on ATV2Black, 4.x edition. Was working fine then 2 days ago just stopped playing streams. It says loading then screen goes black like it is going to play the video and then crashes back to the list of episodes. Sometimes it will even start the video for maybe 1 second and then crash again. Any suggestions?
Enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC, launch this add-on and do whatever you did previously to make it crash. Locate your debug log (wiki) and upload it to www.pastebin.com or www.xbmclogs.com . Note the URL assigned to your uploaded log and post the URL here in your reply.

Yeah sorry guys it was a librtmp issue. I was reinstalling tonight and forgot to add a new one :\ thanks again for this awesome plugin.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eguchi-Harumi - 2012-08-10

(2012-07-24, 19:36)josephdebono Wrote: Would it be possible to have an unwatched show section which builds a playlist of new episodes of your favourite shows? I think that would make an already amazing plugin a lot better.

I would very much like this too. I have a dozen shows I watch and have to manually check each one to see if there are new episodes.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - KJ31 - 2012-08-10

@ BlueCop any joy with cbs.news ?

Keep up the good work great plugin

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - wfaulk - 2012-08-11

NBC aired a preview of "Go On" a few days ago. It's available on their web site. However, it doesn't show up in Free Cable. It appears that it's because it's not in the "Show Library" list at <http://www.nbc.com/Video/library/>. Instead, it's found at the "Previews and Specials" page under "Previews Library".

Is there any way that this can be updated to find that show? I realize that it's kind of a weird, possibly unique situation, but it sure would be nice. Maybe if there were some way to enter a URL to the page that the video is on and have it find the stream from there?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - peebs - 2012-08-11

(2012-08-11, 03:18)wfaulk Wrote: NBC aired a preview of "Go On" a few days ago. It's available on their web site. However, it doesn't show up in Free Cable. It appears that it's because it's not in the "Show Library" list at <http://www.nbc.com/Video/library/>. Instead, it's found at the "Previews and Specials" page under "Previews Library".

Is there any way that this can be updated to find that show? I realize that it's kind of a weird, possibly unique situation, but it sure would be nice. Maybe if there were some way to enter a URL to the page that the video is on and have it find the stream from there?

You can find it on Hulu.