Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-09-02

Sun, try and remove the add on then reinstall it and see what happens. When it installs, it should install all its dependencies as well. Are you installing it from Bluecops repo or just installing the add on itself? Also make sure auto updates are enabled for add ons.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coinchantal - 2012-09-02

Can anybody tell me why this is not working on my appletv?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7798

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2012-09-03

(2012-09-02, 19:50)coinchantal Wrote: Can anybody tell me why this is not working on my appletv?

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=7798
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

Please enable debug log (wiki)ging in XBMC and then try to run this add-on. When you encounter the error, locate and upload the complete debug log (wiki) to www.xbmclogs.com and post the URL for the new log here with your reply. Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-09-07

I have had some requests in the past to donate. I have always requested they donate to XBMC.

Anyone who enjoys this plugin should consider donating to TVDB. It is used by this plug-in and XBMC>

I received this email. Donate Link
Quote: For the past five years our site has been graciously hosted for free by the employer of one of our administrators. This has allowed us to offer completely free and unlimited access to all API developers.

Unfortunately he has recently switched companies and his new company will be unable to host the site for free. Thankfully we've secured a new hosting solution that delivers our content via a worldwide CDN for faster and more reliable delivery. As our content starts getting cached on the CDN, you should see great speed improvements with the site. There will likely be a few remaining issues we need to work out, so please be patient with us.

However, while this solution is relatively inexpensive, it is not free. We are asking our users and the projects that use our API to consider donating. Every little bit adds up and we appreciate the assistance no matter the amount. Right now we have a handful of loyal donors that cover a portion of the monthly cost, but we still have a long way to go. Please note that donating is completely optional and not required to continue free use of our API. We're not going anywhere, but even small donations will help the long term viability of the site.

I am still working on a rewrite of the site and we do have plans to offer premium services on the site in the future, while still allowing free access to the site's current functionality. Anyone that has donated in the past or donates from this point on will get those premium features free for one year. We will announce these premium services once they become available.

Any projects that are able to donate will be displayed on our new homepage when it's up and running, including your logo, description, and a link to your site. If you donate for a specific project, please send an email to [email protected] with this information. Other ways you can help:

*Contribute missing series and episode information on the site.

*Consider donating to the projects that use our API.

*If you're a business, consider advertising on our site. Do so using the AdBrite link on our banner or emailing me directly at [email protected] if you want to discuss exclusive advertising rights. Please note that we will not accept intersitals, pop-ups, pop-unders, inline text, or video advertisements.

*We need a pro-bono graphic designer (logo) and pro-bono lawyer (TOS, privacy policy). Please email me at [email protected] if you can help.

*Support our advertisers!

*Like us on Facebook (advertisers love this).

Click here if you wish to donate now.

Thank you,

Scott Zsori

TheTVDB.com
Donate Link

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - oneadvent - 2012-09-07

I would donate just for hikaricore to be nice for once.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-09-07

I wasn't aware of some of the conflicts with admins.

I just knew we were using the resource and it needed assistance.

They seem to have been rather "my way or the highway" when considering purposed changes. Take this into account when considering if you want to donate.

Anyone know a better television database api?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - billybong10 - 2012-09-09

Wondering if anyone else has had this problem : "Show loads, Audio plays but there is no video"
My setup:
- I am using raspbmc (XBMC for raspberry pi)
- I live in Canada, but I am using UnblockUS. So I have their DNS setup in the network settings for XBMC.

Example of when this happens:
TV Land - tested King of queens ( it works), Leave it to beaver ( audio only no video) went directly to the web site and it works fine outside of XBMC.
I have seen this with other shows/ sites (like ABC, NBC etc ) but this is a good example.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - dore_m - 2012-09-12

Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way in XBMC or FreeCable to lower the quality of the stream (to decrease the bandwidth?)

In XBMC/Settings/Internet connection bandwidth limitation, it doesn't seem to decrease the stream quality.

I live in China, and our connection to US sites sucks (through VPN). I don't mind waiting for some buffering, I would just like to set everything to "lowest quality" all of the time.

-Dore

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - jnickell100 - 2012-09-12

Can someone check out my file log? I can view all shows, but once I click to play, it will load for a second or 2 and stop playing.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8302

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - artrafael - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-12, 02:20)jnickell100 Wrote: Can someone check out my file log? I can view all shows, but once I click to play, it will load for a second or 2 and stop playing.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8302

No useful information in that log, since you disabled debug logging here:
Code:
17:15:36 T:120098816  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.

Also, the log doesn't show that you are running the FreeCable add-on anywhere.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-09-12

(2012-09-12, 02:18)dore_m Wrote: Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way in XBMC or FreeCable to lower the quality of the stream (to decrease the bandwidth?)

In XBMC/Settings/Internet connection bandwidth limitation, it doesn't seem to decrease the stream quality.

I live in China, and our connection to US sites sucks (through VPN). I don't mind waiting for some buffering, I would just like to set everything to "lowest quality" all of the time.

-Dore

Right click on the add on and go to add on settings, you will be able to adjust the bitrate settings for each add on this way (if the add on supports bitrate settings). Good luck!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - dore_m - 2012-09-12

Thanks! I feel like such a newbie....

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-09-13

You are! Just joined up less than 2 weeks ago. Welcome to the best damn media center there is. Once you get comfortable with the software, you will be helping the next batch of newbs Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - decibel79 - 2012-09-19

(2012-08-18, 21:47)JennB Wrote: We're still running Dharma...something to do with our Linux install being too old and my husband not wanting to 'start over'. That's only going to get him by for so long, though. Eventually I'll have to insist!

Someone may have touched on this, but sweetheart, quit waiting for your husband! Go buy a small USB flash drive (4+GB will be more than fine), and install XBMCbuntu from the XBMC website to it. A little reading and you can easily install a copy of linux that runs XBMC as it's frontend (it boots to XBMC) straight to the USB drive and you can just pop it your old setup and boot straight to it! Assuming you basically run XBMC from a "PC" of some sorts. Might also try openELEC (my personal fav). Because it's a live setup and runs completely from the USB drive, your husband's old setup will remain untouched, you can set it up the way you want, and when he comes home, you can jerk that thing out and hide it so he doesn't get all aggravated that you are "messing" with his machine, if he is that kind of man lol. Or if that's just all way above you, I suggest you point your husband in that direction and he will be able to figure it out pretty easy.

Makes a great project for husband and wife to do together also.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eye in the sky - 2012-09-19

When trying to load ABC episodes in FreeCable, I'm getting a script error.

Can anyone confirm this?