Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator (/showthread.php?tid=101938)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coolasice - 2012-11-29

Something changed in the way python scripts were handled after 11-11-2012, i have tried with the 11-11-2012 nightly and it works perfectly with my free cable plugin, if I change to any build after 11-11-2012 the script fails:

debug log for 11-11-2012: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15781
debug log for 11-12-2012: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=15780

I reported a bug on tract for this, this is one comment i got:

Changed 5 hours ago by jmarshall

Your URL options aren't correctly URL encoded. The double-quote character needs encoding (you can/should probably just remove 'em)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - binarybomber - 2012-11-29

Having trouble here with anything from TV Land. Most of the other networks appear to be working, but nothing from TV Land is working.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eye in the sky - 2012-11-29

NBC must have changed something, some shows like Grimm, Parenthood and Community stopped working (newest, full episodes).

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Flashsolutions - 2012-11-29

I installed XBMC on my Mac Mini using the XBMChub wizard. All of my other plugins work, but Free Cable get script errors on everything I try to open.

I posted my XBMC log at http://pastebin.com/7QHzrFPL

Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mjeyre - 2012-11-30

(2012-11-23, 08:50)polysmartypants Wrote: Not accessible from outside the USA. Last time I tried 90% of the links failed... any advice?

i was given an interesting dns the other day that solved all my us issues regarding playing shows.

PM if you want them. 2 simple dns entries into your ipV4 network settings :O)

working for me im in the UK. I can watch all fox and others so far..

M

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - cortocinese - 2012-11-30

I all, i m new here.
I' ve a problem when use subtitles plugin while running a tv serie a full episode.
The plugin start and download sub correctly, but suddenly video go freeze...

my configuration is:
xbmc: Frodo beta 1
Free cable: 0.5.3 (is this the last one?)

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eye in the sky - 2012-12-02

Is Free Cable still being maintained?

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coolasice - 2012-12-02

not sure, but the url handling of xbmc has changed and thus this no longer works in frodo beta 1....

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-12-03

Bluecop still seems to visit the forum, though has been quiet Sad I hope some of our end users have not upset him to the point where he is fed up. His add ons really make XBMC shine. I'm holding onto the hope that he is hard at work reworking the addons to be better then ever and completely Frodo compatible Smile Come back and say hello sometime !

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - rflores2323 - 2012-12-03

Yes Bluecop is a great Dev. Hope he continues is work.

Bluecop you are the man!!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - BlueCop - 2012-12-03

I am working on fixes. I am always unhappy with free cable because of differences in each providers site.

I went ahead and committed fixes for vh1, tvland, spike, oxygen, nbc, history, comedy central, bravo, aetv.

some are minor fixes but some are major changes due to how the site has changed.

lifetime is mostly broken because of site changes. It might list and play some videos but it still needs work because they changed their feeds. movies titles do not work. they put html inside a html property and the parser throws it out. still looking into it. right now all movies have blank titles. It is broken other ways as well. Anyway I hope to have it fixes soon. I have figure out solution to some of the problems.

abc family is also broken still.

I wanted to have everything fixed before updating. I also wanted to put all the discovery and nat geo networks up because I have playback working with this local proxy code. It has been working for some time but the stations listing code for episodes and clips wasn't that good. It would still be some good content. I wish science channel had full episodes.

Sorry I would like to personally reply to posts. I used to read and try to respond to posts. I end up just reading them now it seems. It just seems to build up with people i need to reply to and it just drains me. I usually rationalize it would be better to just work on the problems and then respond with fixes.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - mrdally204 - 2012-12-03

Great to hear from you Smile I figured it was a bit much to handle considering each "little" issue in this add on could be cumbersome to fix due to its multi-source nature. Glad everything is going well for you and excited to know there are fixes in the works. Between Hulu, ESPN and Free Cable you pretty much run my media center. Keep up the great work ,but please do stop back to say hello every now and then.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Eye in the sky - 2012-12-03

Thank you so much for the updates.
You are the best.

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - Kelemvor - 2012-12-03

I'm not even using Xbmc yet but this add-on is one of the things I'm most hopeful for. Currently I find all my current TV episodes online for my wife to watch. If this just links to them right through the system it would be great.

Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Free Cable - US station aggregator - coolasice - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-03, 19:26)BlueCop Wrote: I am working on fixes. I am always unhappy with free cable because of differences in each providers site.

I went ahead and committed fixes for vh1, tvland, spike, oxygen, nbc, history, comedy central, bravo, aetv.

some are minor fixes but some are major changes due to how the site has changed.

lifetime is mostly broken because of site changes. It might list and play some videos but it still needs work because they changed their feeds. movies titles do not work. they put html inside a html property and the parser throws it out. still looking into it. right now all movies have blank titles. It is broken other ways as well. Anyway I hope to have it fixes soon. I have figure out solution to some of the problems.

abc family is also broken still.

I wanted to have everything fixed before updating. I also wanted to put all the discovery and nat geo networks up because I have playback working with this local proxy code. It has been working for some time but the stations listing code for episodes and clips wasn't that good. It would still be some good content. I wish science channel had full episodes.

Sorry I would like to personally reply to posts. I used to read and try to respond to posts. I end up just reading them now it seems. It just seems to build up with people i need to reply to and it just drains me. I usually rationalize it would be better to just work on the problems and then respond with fixes.
Many thanks for the updates, any input regarding an update for frodo? the plugin does not work on any new frodo build after 11-11-2012, constant script errors.
thanks