Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

shive Wrote:@SamHill

Great greenery,

Just a thought... for a theme name why dont you call it... Citrus. As it fits with Cirrus.

Green is ok, so if you switch to green theme in settings automatically the font color switches to green too.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-16

butchabay Wrote:Huh, you have ideas Smile Maybe if one day there will be a kind of script. But actually i don't think it's possible. You could make your request in the scripts thread. Or even ask el_paraguayo if it's possible Smile
Cheers
I'd think that it's possible!

2 methods spring to mind:

1) Easiest: What's the method for pulling up the random fanart? Is the name of the movie stored anywhere? Or is it just a multiimage control pointing to a fanart folder? If it's the former, nice an easy and shouldn't need a script, if the latter then let's look at option 2...

2) Harder: Get the name of the fanart and do reverse lookup in movie database. Would need a script, but not a complex one. I could probably build the functionality into the randommovie script.

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-10-16

Method007 Wrote:First off cirrus v2 is the best theme ever. This may be a impossible request, but is there anyway to add a feature where you can press a button on the home screen, where it will make whatever movie play that is associated with the fanart that is currently being shown? That way if you are watching the fanart change and see one you like, you can just click a button and have the movie play.

I dont know anything about programming so I understand it may be a crazy request.

Thanks!

That's an idea I have for a long time. I have enabled random animated background everywhere, first because it is cool, then because it's always fun to remember what movie it is from. But I have so many movies that often I can't find the title, and that's very frustrating indeed! I always dreamed about a function that would overlay the title of the movie in a graphical way, I mean rather big but with transparency. I never mentioned it because I always thought it could be impossible to code.

Glad to read that el_p *could* have one solution to make the background linked to a launcher! Problem is that it has to be very quickly accessible: if you have to go to too many submenus/operations, then you would play the next wrong background!

- keibertz - 2011-10-16

nice new themes i love the silver one

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

@el_p
There are multiimage controls. 1 picks for what you've choosen in the background settings, the other one randomizes the video library (tvshows and movies).
Really don't know which of your ideas is better. But maybe i think no 2 is indeed thr better one. But the problem is, what if you see the fanart and it's too late and jumps to the next one?

butchabay Wrote:@el_p
But the problem is, what if you see the fanart and it's too late and jumps to the next one?
Yep, that's where I got stuck in my thinking too!

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Yep, that's where I got stuck in my thinking too!

Another option could be to increase the timerperimage.
Or another idea, something like "recently fanarts" Smile

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

SamHill Wrote:I have also made a modified version of the green theme that has a green highlight instead of the White in right list if people are interested. Feel free to rename as it is named "Green_v3" right now and that is not a very fun theme name.

Preview

File
Click here to download

Yo mate your download link is the image link Smile

Looks nice btw ...

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

Added Option to choose Black Background when Hide Fanart is enabled:

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-10-16

butchabay Wrote:@el_p
There are multiimage controls. 1 picks for what you've choosen in the background settings, the other one randomizes the video library (tvshows and movies).
Really don't know which of your ideas is better. But maybe i think no 2 is indeed thr better one. But the problem is, what if you see the fanart and it's too late and jumps to the next one?
Exactly! The idea is nice, but you're going to have to be quick to use it.

I think it would be too much work to make a script to keep track of what the background was and then decide, based on the amount of time since the new image was displayed, which film it should play!

So, the real issue will be for Butcha to find a quick way to get the script to run! (See what I did there? I made it a problem for Butcha to solve!! Wink)

Could we just have something like pressing down (on horizontal menu) or (left on vertical), or are these being used already?

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

On down or on left will bring you to the buttons, power, favorites, playdisc and global search if they are visible. But shouldn't be a problem to press down twice with a conditional control.
Now we have both a problem, haha Smile

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Could we just have something like pressing down (on horizontal menu) or (left on vertical), or are these being used already?

Good pick!
And then what? Rather than just play the movie, maybe it would be smarter to bring the info panel of the movie? This way you could decide to watch, play trailer or just read the plot.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-16

butchabay Wrote:Added Option to choose Black Background when Hide Fanart is enabled:

Forget virtual Hi-5.. Xxx from me fro thadding that Wink The fanart screens look great. Just what i wanted. Really nice option bro, looks great!

Butch, one question... Currently im getting an image appear when no fan art is available, its a "Cirrus-ex" style image and for the life of me i cant find it so that i can change it.. i have searched for jpeg, png and have searched the folders but i just want to replace it with a black image? Any ideas? Although i suppose this point is null considering there is now an option for this when i get the svns installed.

I'm on eden now, using a nightly and just configuring things as we speak... Once its all doen ill get my finder out and see how it all looks.. but so far 2.0.6 on eden is ok.. its not much faster than dharma though, ive enabled dirty regions and dds as usual but overall the speed increas is not massive between dharma and eden (imo)...

Down side is some of my plugins dont work very well.. iPlayer is well flakey lol ... only just got to watch the F1 and that was after 4 reboots lol.

Looking forward top the new movie info screen too, looks fantastic with the trailer etc being in there. Cant wait to get it all up and running and will keep you posted...

- butchabay - 2011-10-16

Hi Pat,
The problem now is that textures are compressed, so what you can do with the stable cev2 is to download uncompressed texture (media folder) in the first post, delete textures.xbt and replace with the files inside the downloaded media folder. The you can just delete or replace the cirrus image.

- SamHill - 2011-10-16

butchabay Wrote:Yo mate your download link is the image link Smile

Looks nice btw ...

Sorry about that. It is now fixed.

Quick jump to post