Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- Whitershores - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:You know that i like options to enable and disable Smile
You can add whatever you like as i'll do it to use videos in a specific folder and even using video-music playlists and let play them in loop. So a nice full hd aquarium on home screen would be fantastic Smile All this is in my brain and hopefully this could be done on skinning level!
Cheers

Butchabay, funny you had an aquarium dreamscene in mind too. This is 720p youtube clip of the Okinawa Aquarium I would love to use:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzGFt...eature=related

I actually posted this on the other thread mentioned where BigNoid implemented stripping the videos down into multiple images:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=921166#post921166

Anyways, just wanted to say I think an ambient HD Dreamscene as a background would be a highly sophisticated feature for this skin. HD backdrops are nice, but the color palette, hue, focus, content, etc., of so many various hd pictures is too inconsistent for my taste. I too use a consistent backdrop on my desktop and all xbmc windows. I would love to see my hd backdrop of an aquarium evolve into an hd dreamscene of an aquarium. People seem to love those bluray videos of nature scenes like PlanetEarth. I think it would bring in a lot of fans to the skin and xbmc to have flying rainforest parrots, school of reef fish, or whatever as a background. Hope to see it come to fruition!Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-10-26

@Whitershores
Sure i'll give it a try. If you're using svn version of cirrus extended v2, i'll commit what i've done i a few hour. It's just a test.
Later

EDIT: Can't open the youtube video you've posted.

- Whitershores - 2011-10-26

butchabay Wrote:@Whitershores
Sure i'll give it a try. If you're using svn version of cirrus extended v2, i'll commit what i've done i a few hour. It's just a test.
Later

EDIT: Can't open the youtube video you've posted.

Look forward to seeing the progress. I cannot offer coding support, but much moral support to you. Hell, maybe send you some Paypal $$$ for a beer.

Here is another link to the video. Looks like other link was corrupt.:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7deClndzQw

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Commited to SVN (preEden only)

In Skin --- General Settings

- Option to enable Music or Video Playlist at startup
- Option to set Path of your Background Video for Dream Scene (3mu, xsp or any video File)

Keep in mind that this is experimantal!

For best results and keep testing Dream Scene:

General Settings:

- Enable Show Background Video

Home Settings:

- Disable Now Playing
- Disable Video Window on Home

Looping or repeating of Background video doesn't works yet (hope i'll get it to work)

Hint: When Background Video stops Playing on Home just hit Backspace to refresh.

Enjoy testing Smile

- Whitershores - 2011-10-27

@butchabay, it turned out awesome!!! I was blown away when I saw it. I just switched back to XBMC after 3 years with 7MC+MediaBrowser and Boxee. This was actually a feature I had wanted these last few years with these other media center softwares, but it never came to fruition. Just goes to show you how superior XBMC is as well as those like yourself who work to improve it. Awesome!!

I downloaded Okinawa Aquarium Youtube video I mentioned and linked previously as a 1080p video and used it as a dreamscene for my XBMC setup. You had 3 options for "Enabled Playlist." I chose the "Dreamscene" option. I was not sure how that differed from the "Video" option. Anyways, it worked and I actually recorded it in action and uploaded to YouTube, but took it down because concerned of violating copyright infringements for the original creator and uploader of that youtube video.

Here are my findings:
1. CPU usage: increased by 20%, but I did not sense any noticeable hindrance to navigation in XBMC:
- Went from 5% to 25%.
- AMD Phenom Quad Core, Nvidia GTX 260 video card, W7 machine w/6gb ram, [email protected] - fullscreen 60fps
2. Some Menus do not display the dreamscence:
- Weather Menu backdrop remained the same hd fixed backdrop. Dreamscene did not show. Is there a setting to disable that? I could not find it.
- Games Menu backdrops remained same too. Out of 5 PC games, only 1 displayed the dreamscene. It was the only one I did not have backdrop selected for in its folder. Movie, Music, etc. backdrops were overridden by the dreamscene, but Game items did not.

Well, at any rate, it is an awesome feature and I hope others like it too and persuade you to further development and implementation. If so, I would like to suggest:
1. Loop video - thats a given you already mentioned
2. Start/Stop Automatically after other media is started/stop - another given you mentioned.
3. Now playing information and cd thumb/animation on Homescreen is disabled for only the dreamscene. I dont need to see who/what the dreamscene is while it is playing. It should be just a part of the background.
4. Disable the start/stop/pause/fast forward/rewind/etc. of the dreamscene. Again, it should just be part of the background.

Thanks for letting me test it out and just let me know if I can do something to help or persuade you to implement this feature. Great work!

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Hi, thanx for reporting.

Here what i get so far:

1. Loop Video (a must have else we can't use this function) Everything depends if there is a possibility to let play playlists in loop.
2. For now just hit backspace on home.
3. Should be doable with a bunch of visible conditions
4. Should be possible without a lot of work.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-27

Small request:

Can we have an option to disable weather but leave the black bar with the clock and date etc on the top of the screen active.

Also when we disable the rss feed can we have the black bar that it uses still visible to, just disable the scrolling and looking of info.

I love the look of the skin but need to get weather disabled at the moment as it causing me issues Smile

If not no worries...

Also a quick question (off topic) I seems to have noticed mulipltle databases lately such as myprograms3.db and myprograms6.db I have 3 music .db (7/17/18) and 3 video db (34/56/57) is this normal!

Butch,
Just tried remove time and weather and it's not working?

It just puts then screen back to the old cirrus style (removed black bar) but weather is still active in the top right hand side of thr screen?

I'm on the latest nightly (26) and using the latest updated revision of the skin (just updated a few mins ago)

Any ideas?

Edit:
Remove time and weather works when I uncheck clean home screen... When I check clean home screen it default back to original cirrus style and has weather showing even thou it's set to disabled?

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

PatrickBateman Wrote:Butch,
Just tried remove time and weather and it's not working?

It just puts then screen back to the old cirrus style (removed black bar) but weather is still active in the top right hand side of thr screen?

I'm on the latest nightly (26) and using the latest updated revision of the skin (just updated a few mins ago)

Any ideas?

Edit:
Remove time and weather works when I uncheck clean home screen... When I check clean home screen it default back to original cirrus style and has weather showing even thou it's set to disabled?

Yes mate, i know and it's mentioned in the first post, it was just annoying me to fix it Smile When i get some free time i'll tell you what to comment out in the code, so you'll don't see weather.
About multiple db ... NO CLUE Smile i can see if i have the same and report back.

Cheers

- Martijn - 2011-10-27

They where screwing around with the databases last nightlies.

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:They where screwing around with the databases last nightlies.

That might explain it... I've got a shit ton of random .dbs in my folder and no idea which ones are safe to remove Sad

@butch
Cheers, if you pm me the code to edit I'll test it out and see how it goes Smile I don't why they never added an option to disable weather? Seems a tad strange to me.

- Martijn - 2011-10-27

PatrickBateman Wrote:That might explain it... I've got a shit ton of random .dbs in my folder and no idea which ones are safe to remove Sad

@butch
Cheers, if you pm me the code to edit I'll test it out and see how it goes Smile I don't why they never added an option to disable weather? Seems a tad strange to me.

keep them for a while and check what ones have the latest edit dates.
Just make a backup of all of them and remove the oldest ones.
The numbers in the filename are version numbers. Keep the highest number.

Hey,

Here are the overlays for "trailer" and "watched" etc. They are done in the the same style as i did the new IMDB logo to keep a kind of consistancy between them (like stone).

I feel it gives the skin amuch more consistant feel when in silver theme. They are not just grey scaled to be silver, i have left a slight burnt look to them and added noise to give a stone effect. This keeps them similar to the rest of the skin but different enough from the other overlays and flags etc.

If anyone wants them, they are here...

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Yo pat looks really nice mate. Will be compressed and commited this evening. Or you're thinking doing more changes related to the silver theme? What i have to say is that i like the silver theme with the green font color. A great contrast and something i haven't seen yet in other skins...

Hey,

I've not tried it with green yet Smile Ill try that tonight Nod

Im looking at doing the blu ray cases etc next as well... i find them "too blue" when in silver theme and im currently going through 18 different shades of blue + Silver overlays to see which is best Laugh

They wont be ready tonight though Sad as i dont just want to bash out grey scaled images, i want to try and keep the origonl colour/highlight of the items (orange in the imdb and trailer logo etc) but to add a silver tinge to them...

The IMDB logo looks rustic and almost burnt/stone like not just grey scaled and i went through 32 versions until i found the one that looked just right in all views (i actually prefer it to the original one for all views lol)...

I'll tell you what i did notice while doing this though... the watched overlays placement is slightly off in comparision to the trailer overlay.. The watched overlay slight comes off the edge of the window in fanart view? Did you notice that? The watched overaly needs moving/shifting to the "LEFT" by 1 pixel by my count.

As soon as ive done more i'll send em over. Ill try and do as many as i can. I actually re-did all the Ratings logos... Every single one of them... and on the PC they look great... then i loaded them into xbmc and the style was all wrong lol So ill re do them another day too lol.