Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- Whitershores - 2011-10-27

butchabay Wrote:Hi, thanx for reporting.

Here what i get so far:

1. Loop Video (a must have else we can't use this function) Everything depends if there is a possibility to let play playlists in loop.
2. For now just hit backspace on home.
3. Should be doable with a bunch of visible conditions
4. Should be possible without a lot of work.

@butchabay, I look forward to it. Another thing about the problems with Games Menu not displaying the dreamscene that I mentioned. The one game that had no backdrop in its folder that did display the dreamscene had a black overlay over the dreamscene. Again, not sure why dreamscene overrode the backdrop in the music, movies, etc, and not in games, but also do not know why this black overlay was on the 1 game that did display dreamscene.

Well, if you get the dreamscene feature implemented and maybe the other feature about adding views and sort to the Favourites menu I asked in another post, than I will be a fan of this skin for life, though I am already.

p.s. was so stoked with this new feature, I spent good part of last night downloading, clipping scenes to use as backdrops: fllying thru clouds, bamboo trees swaying in wind, I went f$@^&ng crazy. Big Grin

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Once the dev team will look into a problem i've posted we'll be able to create video playlists, so an infinity of animated backgrounds can be added and let them play randomly! So it won't be that hard take a decision which video should be choosen.
My request list is getting longer and longer and i just need to find the time to do it.
So about favourites view, once i see there no much work i'll do it asap.
Cheers

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-10-27

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

Here are the overlays for "trailer" and "watched" etc. They are done in the the same style as i did the new IMDB logo to keep a kind of consistancy between them (like stone).

I feel it gives the skin amuch more consistant feel when in silver theme. They are not just grey scaled to be silver, i have left a slight burnt look to them and added noise to give a stone effect. This keeps them similar to the rest of the skin but different enough from the other overlays and flags etc.

If anyone wants them, they are here...

Not much time to follow this thread recently, specially with posts which gets longer and longer, but what I've understood so far, is that silver theme got the orange color replaced by silver (ouch, very hard to differentiate grey from white) and now all the other orange stuff is getting slowly greyscaled, and will be integrated by default...
Well good for the others, but personally I like to have a coloured touch, specially with winter coming! Having an all gray GUI is too cold&sad for me.

If I read correctly too, the square big trailer icon in Big Poster+Cases enabled will be put back to nano size.
The plot showed in pause mode hopefully integrated in 2.0.6 seems to have been discussed too by some people, and will be replaced with some info button right? hmmm again it doesn't fits my taste (for me the less clicks = more convenient use)

So I will keep an eye on further updates (glad to see that my suggestion about Dreamscenes seems to have found some technical solutions), but will probably stay with my good 2.0.6

About the redesign of the login panel, I didn't forget, I'll do it but not soon, too much work nowadays

cheers

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-27

Hey Nowall,

I like things to be nice and consistant and just changed some of the images to suit my needs (orange and silver was no good for me) ... however i assume with the advent of these themes into cirrus we will still have the orange theme, green theme, and now silver theme.

I think its ok to have that as they can still be mixed and matched to suit everyones needs Big Grin

Also, I agree that greyscaling images is not good enough and will make it bland, hence thats why i have not greyscaled any of the images i have done so far, they were duplicated, desaturated and overlayed onto the origonal with added noise and reduced contrast etc plus a few little extras in curves/dodge and burn etc... then sharpened a tad but i would not just grey scale them as i tried to keep these particular images different from the standard flags. I tried to get a stone effect for the imdb logo and went for something similar (old fashoned/stone) with the overlays too. I think it looks much much better.

Im sure we can add them as a silver option and as time goes on ill contine to add more silver images and within the themes we could add a silver 2.0 or something?

Im all for keeping everyone happy Smile thats the one thing i love about this skin. It suits everyone needs Smile

- Whitershores - 2011-10-27

@Butchbay,

Ok, thanks. Sorry for all the posts too. I just got a little carried away with my new toy.

Had a quick idea for the dreamscenes and looping video that could be an alternative or another option. Maybe have ability to play a livestream of a webcam (weather cam, home cam, cam from around world) as the video and a livestream of an internet radio stream as the audio for the dreamscene. It would solve the looping issue, or just be an alternative.
Ex:
video - http://www.earthcam.com/frenchwestindies/stbarts/
audio - http://u12.di.fm:80/di_psychill

Though some of these video livestreams have there own audio. Anyways, just an idea.

@butch

Feedback on new movie info screen:

When playing a movie trailer or any video, I get a weird grey effect Window that doesn't match the dimensions of my now playing trailer/video. Can the video just play without the grey effect in the background as it doesn't fit correctly with all videos.

Also, can the video window be placed there indefinitely. Just like in fanart views window. This would be a better option I think, as currently when a trailer starts to play the video window just appears and the grey border doesn't fit properly, also removes the ratings logo?

Would you be able to make the "trailer" option in the new movie Info view, play the trailer in the video window, as currently it throws me back out to my main view and then I don't get to utilise that screen.

Ideally, I'd like to select "movie info" And be taken to the new screen have. Then the small video window should be displaying on that screen (showing fan art or the currently playing movie etc) just like fanart view does.

Then, when I select "trailer" it should play the trialer inside the movie info view using the small video window.

Is any of that possible Smile

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

@nowall
Hey mate, ofcourse i'm going to keep your needs.
Plot when paused will be an option to enable disable,
The silver theme stays as it is, the modified theme by pat will be named "silver stone"
The font color is selectable, it just jumps to grey by changing theme. So you can have silver theme with orange fonts.
About the trailer icon, please when you got time post a mockup screenshot how it should look for you, i'm sure we'll find a solution, or in worst case i'll do an option in slideout menu, big trailer icon.
Cheers

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Pat, the grey background the videowindow border, you can disable it. The problem is aspect ratio of videowindow can not be set, it takes the resolution set in view mode in osd. So if you set zoom to the view mode, you'll see that most of the videos are fitting well in the window. About trailer windowed in info screen should be doable.
I don't see the problem you said that the background image is covering media flags, which view are you talking?

Edit: Sorry now i know what you mean. So the window should under the rating flag. I see what i can do. My god the list is getting longer and longer Smile
Cheers

butchabay Wrote:Pat, the grey background the videowindow border, you can disable it. The problem is aspect ratio of videowindow can not be set, it takes the resolution set in view mode in osd. So if you set zoom to the view mode, you'll see that most of the videos are fitting well in the window. About trailer windowed in info screen should be doable.
I don't see the problem you said that the background image is covering media flags, which view are you talking?

Edit: Sorry now i know what you mean. So the window should under the rating flag. I see what i can do. My god the list is getting longer and longer Smile
Cheers

Laugh I know, you deserve a few days off ... After 2.0.7 I say wait until Eden beofre you work on anything else. take some time to chil and we will all enjoy all the great new features you've given us... for a few weeks until we all demand more of you Wink

As for the grey background in the "movie info" screen, I can't see where to disable it? I have the border/background disabled on the video window but it doesn't seem to disable it in that view.

I'll post a screen shot and show you what I mean Smile

basically, for me the "movie info" video window doesn't work like the fanart video window does.... and I think it would be perfect if you made the "movie info" video window, look and function exactly like the fanart one does.

Cheers for everything bro,

As always you've given us an incredibly beautiful skin that transforms a media centre into a gorgeous work of art.

- butchabay - 2011-10-27

Yo pat, yes forgot to set that visible tag in video info. I'll fix it and try to add the options requested Smile
Cheers and keep enjoying your media center as i do ... Hmmm don't remember when i saw the last movie Smile

Another Preview Dream Scene in cirrus extended v2 - butchabay - 2011-10-28

Here another preview playing dream scene in the background!

ENJOY Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfg10RdEa54

Fixed:

- Now Playing can be enabled no need to disable
- animated video background in addons, games and weather

Commited to SVN (Dharma & preEden)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-28

Actually....

I like that.
It's looking good. Subtle and quite elegant and gentle with it's animation. I don't think I would mind that to much as my background... It's along the lines of the XMB from Sony (in a very round about way) Nod

Quick question butch...
As you've been able to remove the now playing stuff for then background movie, could you also allow users to disable now playing for video only (as an option) the reason I ask, is that when playing a movie trailer, on the home screen (in a window) the now playing section looks a mess. I'd actually prefer to be able to disable it completly now and again...

I might test that dream scene out... It looks quite nice. Not sure if it's for me, but that one actually doesn't bother me to much at all and actually looks nice... Updating as we speak Smile

- butchabay - 2011-10-28

Pat, i've downloaded the clip at dreamscene.org.
About removing now playing for videos. Hmm the problem is that when you start a trailer within the info screen the movie cover shows, when you start a trailer by a command it doesn't. I've posted this behaviour time ago in the dev thread, but noine seems to have an answer. I'll see if i can drop an option to disable it, as i really don't like it tooSmile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-10-28

butchabay Wrote:Pat, i've downloaded the clip at dreamscene.org.
About removing now playing for videos. Hmm the problem is that when you start a trailer within the info screen the movie cover shows, when you start a trailer by a command it doesn't. I've posted this behaviour time ago in the dev thread, but noine seems to have an answer. I'll see if i can drop an option to disable it, as i really don't like it tooSmile

Absolutely,

If it showed the film name and image I'd be happy but as you say it shows something along the lines of "playlist..." and no image for the movie... Looks awful. Shame it doesn't just behave it's self lol Smile

I'm defo going to try the dream scene out... It's not usually my thing but that was actually quite nice. I think you might be able change my opinion Shocked

Small graphical bug:
If you go to TV SHOWS and switch your view from the top level of any tv show to the season level andnback again look... Watch the at the logo "FOX/NBC/ABC etc etc etc" you will notice that when switching between the top level snd season level that the text/channel logo is not aligned correctly, it jumps from left to right...