Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- jz1276 - 2011-11-13

butchabay Wrote:1. It's the way it should be, if you have scraped your movies to the library. In the nightly build version you can hide fanart.
2. I have to see if it's possible on skinning level.

Difference: dharma has not all the new features, like global search, watchlist etc.
Other options like dirty regions and changes in the skinning engine are only available on nightly builds!

Not talking about fanart. I browse certain "movie clips" using file mode. Each movie clip has a .tbn still image I created. The tbn images should not be showing up.
Eg. Clip#1.avi
Clip#1.tbn
Only the avi should be visible and the .tbn file should be the thumbnail for it.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-11-13

jz1276 Wrote:Not talking about fanart. I browse certain "movie clips" using file mode. Each movie clip has a .tbn still image I created. The tbn images should not be showing up.
Eg. Clip#1.avi
Clip#1.tbn
Only the avi should be visible and the .tbn file should be the thumbnail for it.

I don't think that's a skin issue. The skin wouldn't determine which files are visible.

- jz1276 - 2011-11-13

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I don't think that's a skin issue. The skin wouldn't determine which files are visible.

I just switched skins to check to see iff I had the same problem and I didnt. I switched back to Cirrus and both issues are corrected. Weird.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-11-13

jz1276 Wrote:I just switched skins to check to see iff I had the same problem and I didnt. I switched back to Cirrus and both issues are corrected. Weird.

That makes no sense whatsoever! Sounds like a glitch in the programme. Huh

Cirrus Extended Dutch language - Yohan - 2011-11-13

Dutch strings version 13/11/2011
download here

Some strings are not translated yet as I don't use all functions.
I also prefer not to translate the names of views, like Rightlist, Fanart View, etc..
Hopefully this version can be added to SVN

- ialand - 2011-11-13

Stuck in Library Mode?

Something strange here, have the latest SVN (as of Friday) for 2.07, Dharma on stock 10.1 LIVE. Now whenever I select Movies, TV or Videos, I will get the Library menu (TV Movies, Videos) the first time I select the entry, then have to drill down (TV for example) to TV/Title to get to the familar menu. THEN if I home back to the top menu (bypassing the back to get out( when I go back in, I come back to the same place I left when I go back in.

Ok, that takes some explanation.

Let's stay I go to TV/Title/"A Series"/"A Season"

I home out, then go to Movies

I'm at the Season menu I just was at before?

Same if I do "recently added" for Movies, if I go into TV, I've got the recently added for Movies?

This is on a brand new fresh build/install. I can't even FIND a 'library mode' setting now, and I've explored all over, did I miss something?

- butchabay - 2011-11-13

ialand Wrote:Stuck in Library Mode?

Something strange here, have the latest SVN (as of Friday) for 2.07, Dharma on stock 10.1 LIVE. Now whenever I select Movies, TV or Videos, I will get the Library menu (TV Movies, Videos) the first time I select the entry, then have to drill down (TV for example) to TV/Title to get to the familar menu. THEN if I home back to the top menu (bypassing the back to get out( when I go back in, I come back to the same place I left when I go back in.

Ok, that takes some explanation.

Let's stay I go to TV/Title/"A Series"/"A Season"

I home out, then go to Movies

I'm at the Season menu I just was at before?

Same if I do "recently added" for Movies, if I go into TV, I've got the recently added for Movies?

This is on a brand new fresh build/install. I can't even FIND a 'library mode' setting now, and I've explored all over, did I miss something?

I may think the svn version on the passion repo is only for nightlies and not dharma! I'll push one last dharma stable version once the buglist is finished.
If you wanna use svn dharma version you have to do it via tortoise svn.

- ialand - 2011-11-13

butchabay Wrote:I may think the svn version on the passion repo is only for nightlies and not dharma! I'll push one last dharma stable version once the buglist is finished.

OOOPS! Smile thanks Smile

settings.xml mod - Yohan - 2011-11-13

I think that systeminformation should be accessible via the settings-window, so I modded my settings.xml.

In order to fit this sysinfo-entry, I made the display of the "Live TV" entry conditional, meaning that the "Live TV"-button is only shown if enabeled in the skin-settings. Since I don't use Live TV, that's no problem for me.
A better solution would be that buttons are resized in height to fit all entries.

I also added a textsting for label2 with some more info when the Systeminfo is selected.
Last, I chose a smaller fontsize to fit the dutch strings, and to be more in resemblance with the other dialogs.

The modded settings.xml file can be found here
Add following string for label2 to your strings.xml language file, label1 is pulled from the general xbmc-language file:
Code:
<string id="31410">[b]SYSTEM INFORMATION[/b][CR][CR]Storage· Network · Video · Hardware</string>

- butchabay - 2011-11-13

No need to make an additional system info screen, as it's already in the system submenu!
But if you need just the string i can ofcourse add it.
Another idea could be to add a button in the shutdown menu.

- butchabay - 2011-11-13

@pat
If you want disable rss feed, try out the lower horizontal menu with the silver theme, it looks quite sweetSmile

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-13

Hey Yohan,
That's actually a very useful edit... Nod

@butch,
Yea I'm not a fan of the lower menu... It could be because I don't use it very often, perhaps a week of using it would change my mind... Smile

I don't mind editing the rss.xml, it's not a big deal, but I do think the little black (rss) bar goes well with the rest of the skin, the top middle and bottom bars give a complete feel to the skin particularly when using the horizontal bar and playing music using the extended now playing Smile

Also there is still an overlap issue with file names of the items that are not in the library and the runtime etc... Do you want me to post a screen shot?

Also, the png files that are included in the media folder, that are displayed in the "system menu" (the ones julian created) are running slow for me when they transition between "appearance", "video", "live tv" etc etc etc... Can these files be scaled down or reduced to make them smaller? When I replace them with smaller images The slow transition disappears.

love the new options though butch, now watching files that are not in the library look far more professional as the screen looks far sleeker with the empty parts of then screen etc removed. Awesome work as usual bro! Nod

- Yohan - 2011-11-14

Well that's just my point, I like to have the sysinfo nearby when changing settings, instead of going all the way back to the main menu. That's why I made this link here.
On the other hand there's no need to add all individual mods to the codebase either.
The source is included so anyone interested can play with the code him/herself :-)

- Yohan - 2011-11-14

I noticed two small errors in the Rightview-screen

When choosing movie-information in Rightlist view, the movietitle is not displayed anymore while the star ranking is.
Also there's a piece of a bitmap shown on the left side of the screen. My Rightlist View is modded, but this is also the case in the unmodded Eden-version. I guess the latter is due to my screen calibration (however I just calibrated my screen)

- ialand - 2011-11-14

butchabay Wrote:I may think the svn version on the passion repo is only for nightlies and not dharma! I'll push one last dharma stable version once the buglist is finished.

Actually, could you put up the Dharma in the SVN repository too?? Just tag it Dharma Only! SVN??