Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- pecinko - 2011-11-29

Youtube has this "feature" to automatically activate view id="500" (if I remember correctly) don't know if this is the case with above mentioned ones as well. If so, users should instruct plugin authors NOT to do this as each skin has it's own set of view IDs.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-11-29

butchabay Wrote:Strange, i've created fanart landscape view exactly for these kind of addons and checked free cable and everything was displayed well. Same for youtube addon, lately they changed back again and now you can use the file views (fanart square, fanart wide, fanart poster same for rightlist view).
I can't change the views everytime the plugin autors are changing something. Sorry.

Fallback views are returning back to list view everytime you're entering (youtube, vimeo), but free cable is handled as episodes, maybe they've changed something again.

Hmm,
Yea it's annoying as free cable does kinda works in fanart landscape view, however there is no "tv show title" for some shows and no fanart for others, and as fanart landscape does not show the "titles" of any tv shows, it leaves me guessing as to what a show is.. At,least list view gave us the name of the show, if nothing else.

For example, go to Freecable, select "all shows" and view the very first show, I have no idea what that show is Laugh no title, just a picture of 2 girls? Same again for the 3rd one, and the 5th is completely blank alltogether, the 6th has no title just some kid one bike and 2 women! I have no idea what any of these shows are Huh

List view at least gave us a title, I prefer the list view for plugins like this, but if all we have is fanart landscape, then is there anyway to display the "title of the show" that would normally be visible/presented to us when in list view?

Going through the first 30 shows of Freecable in the all shows section using fanart landscape view has the following content:
15 of them are completely blank (no title, no description, no fanart)
9 display fanart but no title (so I have no idea what they)
The remaing 6 have names in the fanart image that can kind of be made out...
0 display an actual show title in the description area?

it's not a great odds in finding a show?

I know it's not all skin related, but if there is a way to default to list view for plugins like this, it would be a better solution overall for Identifiying shows IMO.

Cheers,
Pat~

- butchabay - 2011-11-29

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hmm,
Yea it's annoying as free cable works in fanart landscape, however there is no tv show title for some shows and no fanart for others, and as the fanart landscape doesn't show the titles of the show that would be visible in "list view" it leaves me guessing as to what a show is..

For example, go to Freecable, all shows, and view the very first show, I have no idea what it is Laugh no title, just a picture of 2 girls? Same again for the 3rd one, and the 5th is completely blank all together, 6th has no title just a kid one bike and 2 women! I have no idea what any of these shows are Huh

List view at least gave us a title, I prefer the list view for plugins like this, but if all we have is fanart landscape is there anyway to display the title of the show that would be visible when in list view?

As going through the first 30 shows of Freecable in all shows view has the following:
15 of them are completely blank (no title, no description, no fanart)
9 display fanart but no title (so I have no idea what they)
The remaing 6 have names in the fanart image...
0 display an actual title in the description?

it's not a great odds in finding a show?

I know it's not all skin related, but if there is a way to default to list view for plugins like this, it would be a better solution overall for Identifiying shows IMO.

Cheers,
Pat~

Sure i'll take a look, but list view have to be modified to let show episodes, that's how some plugins are coded.
Fanart is ofcourse given by the plugin, so there is nothing i can do.

- butchabay - 2011-11-29

@pat
ok i'll try something out and commit this evening, i hope it will work. Until then use rightlist view Smile

butchabay Wrote:@pat
ok i'll try something out and commit this evening, i hope it will work. Until then use rightlist view Smile

Fantastic,
I'll use right list view until further notice.

Cheers...
Pat~

While i'm at it..

I've been busy creating more items for the "Stone" theme and have come across a small niggle...

I've created 15 or so new CD arts in the same style as the origonal/previous one's i did for the default themes (white/black and randoms etc) ...

However, my "Stone" themed CD arts seem to display a minor graphical glitch when in motion.. i.e they seem "fuzzy" or "jittery" when spinning.

I'm assumeing this is either due to my low powered HTPC or that xbmc doesnt like animating these pngs with such tiny fragments/cracks and specs on them...

Could someone please test this cd art and let me know if it works ok for them?

Cheers,
Pat~

P.S
@ butcha,
Any chance of commiting the option for choosing between the default black or silver gradient to the "Stone" theme...

"Stone" (will use the skins default/black look)
"Stone Silver" (will use the silver gradient, as it currently does)

Big Grin

Cheers,
Pat~

- butchabay - 2011-11-29

I see an edge on the posted cdart, it's quite not visible but i see it and that could be the bug you mentioned while spinning. Else it looks really nice! Smile
I think you need to rework the borders.

- Martijn - 2011-11-29

@PatrickBateman

Maybe use the cdart template found here
http://fanart.tv/topic/problem-with-gimp-cdart-template/page/2/#post-707
Cleans the edges really nice.

- butchabay - 2011-11-29

@pat
Commited to SVN:

List View for TVShows and Episodes!

- butchabay - 2011-11-29

Ok another commit to SVN for today:
- Rollback button Addon info

Machine-Sanctum Wrote:@PatrickBateman

Maybe use the cdart template found here
http://fanart.tv/topic/problem-with-gimp-cdart-template/page/2/#post-707
Cleans the edges really nice.

Cheers guys,

The CD I posted is just a dummy that I'm using for testing patterns/overlays/colours etc, it does have very scruffy outer edges Laugh they won't be on the final version though.

That template will be great for the final versions, cheers Machine Nod

So other than the outer edge the Inside pattern is looking good with no glitches etc Big Grin cool... I'll use that style to create the finals with a range of colours for the random versions too.

Cheers guys,

@butch
Cheers for list view, will test and report back after tea hopefully Smile

- Martijn - 2011-11-30

@Patrick
There is an updated version of the template. Get it here
Instructions included.
v2 is by Giftie and JT is the update by JackTyler

- ialand - 2011-12-01

Possible problem, just had v362 install and MovieSets 2.0 on pre-Eden build from the 28th.

MovieSets has lost the background textures, switched to Confluence and all the background are there, switched back to v362 and still missing.

- butchabay - 2011-12-01

ialand Wrote:Possible problem, just had v362 install and MovieSets 2.0 on pre-Eden build from the 28th.

MovieSets has lost the background textures, switched to Confluence and all the background are there, switched back to v362 and still missing.

Not skin related, seems that movie set configuration only works with confluence after movie set update.

- keibertz - 2011-12-01

i found two skin layout bugs in the new RightAddonView. I am not able to switch to an other View. Do u plan more Addon Views ?

1. the german word "Bewertung" is to long for the predefined space down left

2. On the right side the addon entryies hit the bottom

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/215/screenshot007jr.png/