Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-05-31

GuiZ Wrote:Hi there
Thanx for the hard work butcha. I think cirrus ex. is not so far of perfection.
If one day you can implement weather conditions Fanart , it would be really great.
Something else... an idea for rss. I know it's not the good thread but i think it should be awesome if we can read our rss in a newspaper
Something like that:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/571/rssxbmc.png
maybe one day

GuiZ, are you talking about the variable fanart on the weather screen rather than the homescreen?

I'm not sure if it's implemented already or not, but it's fairly straightforward to do. However, the fanart is, I think, about 90Mb - so Butcha may not want to include it in his skin.

Butcha, if you want/need - I can help implement this.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

el_Paraguayo Wrote:GuiZ, are you talking about the variable fanart on the weather screen rather than the homescreen?

I'm not sure if it's implemented already or not, but it's fairly straightforward to do. However, the fanart is, I think, about 90Mb - so Butcha may not want to include it in his skin.

Butcha, if you want/need - I can help implement this.

Go for it. Just please do it optional, as not everyone wants to have it as default. The weather Pack should be downloaded separately and will not be implemented in the skin.

Thanx

- GuiZ - 2011-05-31

Yes , that's what i mean.
The fanart on home screen change with the weather condition (rain, sun ,wind)
This feature is in the skin Night and others..
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Comparison_of_skin_features
I don't know if it can work with weather +.

Thanx if you can do itCool

GuiZ Wrote:Yes , that's what i mean.
The fanart on home screen change with the weather condition (rain, sun ,wind)
This feature is in the skin Night and others..
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Comparison_of_skin_features
I don't know if it can work with weather +.

Thanx if you can do itCool

Should be able to do it - although I'm at work this week so it may take a while Blush

I'll take a look at the night skin and look at implementing something similar.

butchabay Wrote:Go for it. Just please do it optional, as not everyone wants to have it as default. The weather Pack should be downloaded separately and will not be implemented in the skin.

Thanx

Agreed - needs to be optional.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

German, french and italian strings done.
Thanx to everyone who helped out translating.

Will be in the next update ...

- PatrickBateman - 2011-05-31

Hey butcha,

I know I've already mentioned these bugs/niggles but had a peek on your 2.0.3 page and never saw them added Wink

1 - Bug where rightlistview removes text for currently playing item.

2 - Add option for fanart view to only show 1 poster per tv show season, instead of then current 11 identicle posters shown when only 1 or more seasons are available etc....

3 - Add fallback watched/trailer flags in fan art view when video window is in use.

4 - Add option to remove video window border.

5 - Move the episode description and episode number text (on episode level in fanart view) up a few lines, so that it is level with the main tv show description text in fan art view.

6 - Fix gold h.264 logo as it has a White "dot" instead of a gold one

I think the rest are on the bugs/features post on the front page but I never saw these ones Wink

Hope you can get them added/sorted as I think after that, this skin will be pretty much perfection In all areas. Really can't wait for the next release and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know!

Thanks again for everything, we are loving the HTPC and it's all thanks to you!

Sensational dedication and support to your work.
Saying "Thanks" just doesn't seem like enough!

- retro11 - 2011-05-31

Good work on the latest update of this skin (get ready for the but..) but could you update the fanart view for games to match that of films and TV.

Having the large poster on the selected item is a great addition.

- rob87 - 2011-05-31

Great mod butchabay! This is my new default skin Wink

It would be nice if you can add an option to mark already seen tv-shows or movies. With a strike through the episode like in neon skin or something else.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butcha,

I know I've already mentioned these bugs/niggles but had a peek on your 2.0.3 page and never saw them added Wink

2 - Add option for fanart view to only show 1 poster per tv show season, instead of then current 11 identicle posters shown when only 1 or more seasons are available etc....

3 - Add fallback watched/trailer flags in fan art view when video window is in use.

4 - Add option to remove video window border.

5 - Move the episode description and episode number text (on episode level in fanart view) up a few lines, so that it is level with the main tv show description text in fan art view.

6 - Fix gold h.264 logo as it has a White "dot" instead of a gold one

I think the rest are on the bugs/features post on the front page but I never saw these ones Wink

Hope you can get them added/sorted as I think after that, this skin will be pretty much perfection In all areas. Really can't wait for the next release and if there is anything I can do to help just let me know!

Thanks again for everything, we are loving the HTPC and it's all thanks to you!

Sensational dedication and support to your work.
Saying "Thanks" just doesn't seem like enough!

Hi Pat,

1. As said don't know what's causing this problem, will be the last priority.

2. DONE (Fixed List in Fanart View)

3. Not a big deal, will integrate the default watched overlays while video is playing.

4. Is on my TODO List

5. No Problem (I Hope) Smile

6. Have to ask HTPC Guy as i'm a noob in that direction

Hope everything should be done for next update !

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

retro11 Wrote:Good work on the latest update of this skin (get ready for the but..) but could you update the fanart view for games to match that of films and TV.

Having the large poster on the selected item is a great addition.

Sure, just forgot to do drop it on my TODO List. Smile

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey butcha,

Butcha, I can also take a look at this - no promises that I'll find the solution!

Patrick, can you let me know exactly where this bug shows up? i.e. is it Movies, TV Shows etc? and I 'll see if I can recreate it.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

rob87 Wrote:Great mod butchabay! This is my new default skin Wink

It would be nice if you can add an option to mark already seen tv-shows or movies. With a strike through the episode like in neon skin or something else.

You don't like the new watched overlay in Fanart View ? Or which view are you talking about ?

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Butcha, I can also take a look at this - no promises that I'll find the solution!

Patrick, can you let me know exactly where this bug shows up? i.e. is it Movies, TV Shows etc? and I 'll see if I can recreate it.

It shows everywhere in rightlist views, while playing a video and return back to that view the selected item is not visible. I've tweaked around for hours to find it, no way... was not able to fix it. Tried Original cirrus and the same happens. Maybe a bug in xbmc ?

Give it a try, if you could fix it would be grandious Smile

It seems to me we're getting to a point where there are three types of request:

1) Bug fixes
2) Additional functionality request
3) Style changes

In terms of implementing:

1) should be a priority
2) not essential, but may be welcomed by other users
3) should be down to the owner's discretion. I'm not sure it's possible to satisfy everyone without the skin becoming bloated with lots of views/options etc. Butcha should, in my view, be able to reserve the right to say "no" on those items.

(Rob87 - I'm not picking on you by the way!)

Just my thoughts.

- butchabay - 2011-05-31

That was the initial idea of cirrus extended, and then came Patrick LaughLaughLaugh

just kidding mate ...

I have everything on the 2nd post of this thread. So i can just switch to mark some priority points and remove or red marks to do when all, or most bugs are fixed.

Keep in mind that 50% of bugs that are fixed, where already in original cirrus ...

So everyone who can help us out to make this skin bugfree is more than welcome.