Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-01-02

@Martijn > btw, a huge thanks for Artwork Dowloader, I definitely love it

- Muther - 2012-01-02

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:About Muther post, point 2) Weather:

I love animated weather icon too! And I don't like much the new default weather layout with several squares... so I decided to give again a try to Weather Plus.
I've discovered that the Weatherplus add-on, which was broken for some time, works again... and was surprised to see that, besides animated icons, now Europeans can have animated weather maps too!
So Muther, just install weatherplus and you'll have your animated icons (and with contextual weather HD fanarts it really looks fancy!)

I too have gone to Weather Plus.... I like it much better. Thanks for the tip!

- Muther - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:4. Don't know what you mean sorry, maybe a screenshot could give some more info.

here is a screen of how it looks when I move from music after evoking the submenu and dropping back down to the main menu and moving to addons
I use the wheel to cycle through the menu but this behavior remains if I use the pointer to advance the menu as well.

notice the submenubar is still present but contains no links (because there are none.) this is not a problem for me just something I thought didnt behave like other skins. if it is done intentionally its cool I'm just trying to be helpful.

If I move the mouse away from the menubar it does hide itself.

- Muther - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:3. If you mean Library Editor as Movie Manager, yes it's in the video info screen, just scroll to the right.

no Im looking for the movie set manager as seen here in the confluence [mod] movie sets skin.

after you select it lets you name a set then to this screen that allows you to add movies to that set

I do not see these when I go into the Library editor. if this is something you just haven't finished yet, cool. even if your not planing on adding it, I can just switch skins to set up my movie sets then switch back no big deal.

but one thing when I click on the movie set this is what I see. no info and only one cover.....

when I do the same in confluence [Mod] movie sets here is what I see

Again just wondering if this is intentional or you just haven't had time to finish the view.

I wish I knew enough about these skins and xml to help you. I have been trying to figure it out but so far the only thing I get out of looking at the code is a headache...LMAO

and this is the best skin out as far as I'm concerned! Ive tried as many as I can find and this one is several notches above even the best of the other skins. you are very kind to share it with us and even more so to put up with all us code writing deficient whiners who want this and that.

- Muther - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:1. Player Controls on Home Press M, else in music Vis. Screen press Enter

Ok that's cool, but if I had the skills to fix it this is what I would like to see. (I Photoshopped a screen )

I would move the clearart to replace both the Now playing line and the band name unless the image is not there, and add the player controls to where the clearart was. if this is too big a pain to do it's fine how it is. I'm just someone who will look at the next tracks and want to hear the next one sooner...LOL If I ever do start messing with moding things myself this is what Ill try to do first any hints would be appreciated. like what files would be involved

an after thought is it possible to make those songs "clickable" to start playing them now? just a thought. feel free to call me a moron and laugh at me...Smile

- Muther - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:7. Just press TAB to toggle.

I may have not explained myself correctly..... my wife says that happens a lot Rolleyes but here are two screens of how I usually play around with XBMC I do this by pressing the backslash key on my keyboard ("\")

and full screen

what I was asking is if we (and by we I mean someone who knows what the hell there doing...LOL) could add a button at the top like in this Photoshopped screen to toggle the same as the backslash key on the keyboard?

again nothing too important and Ill live with out it just something I would use as I often am using other programs at the same time.

- butchabay - 2012-01-03

Muther Wrote:here is a screen of how it looks when I move from music after evoking the submenu and dropping back down to the main menu and moving to addons
I use the wheel to cycle through the menu but this behavior remains if I use the pointer to advance the menu as well.

notice the submenubar is still present but contains no links (because there are none.) this is not a problem for me just something I thought didnt behave like other skins. if it is done intentionally its cool I'm just trying to be helpful.

If I move the mouse away from the menubar it does hide itself.

At least one of the addons have to be in the addon submenu to access Random Addons on Top:

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Screenshot 4

Movie Sets Manager is the addon itself, you need just to start it from favourites or video addons, but i could integrate a button on the slideout menu to access the addon directly:

Screenshot 5

Movie Sets with Poster and Info only avaiable in " Fanart Movie Sets " View for now:

Screenshot 6

- butchabay - 2012-01-03

Muther Wrote:I may have not explained myself correctly..... my wife says that happens a lot Rolleyes but here are two screens of how I usually play around with XBMC I do this by pressing the backslash key on my keyboard ("\")

and full screen

what I was asking is if we (and by we I mean someone who knows what the hell there doing...LOL) could add a button at the top like in this Photoshopped screen to toggle the same as the backslash key on the keyboard?

again nothing too important and Ill live with out it just something I would use as I often am using other programs at the same time.

Hmm i need to try it out with an <onclick> action and see if it works. Will be on my requests list.

- butchabay - 2012-01-03

Muther Wrote:Ok that's cool, but if I had the skills to fix it this is what I would like to see. (I Photoshopped a screen )

I would move the clearart to replace both the Now playing line and the band name unless the image is not there, and add the player controls to where the clearart was. if this is too big a pain to do it's fine how it is. I'm just someone who will look at the next tracks and want to hear the next one sooner...LOL If I ever do start messing with moding things myself this is what Ill try to do first any hints would be appreciated. like what files would be involved

an after thought is it possible to make those songs "clickable" to start playing them now? just a thought. feel free to call me a moron and laugh at me...Smile

Not at all, i'm open for suggestions and new ideas, i'll see if i find a way to do it. Smile

- ialand - 2012-01-03

I would like to propose something that might make the old OSD moot... I understand the reasoning behind the new one, not hiding subtitles is a good thing, but there is the reasoning behind wanting to see the whole screen when paused.. therefor how about a third option, after the normal and 'slim' OSD pause.. a 'minimalistic' version...

ONE SINGLE LINE, at the very top of the screen...

PAUSED (this in the reverse of the normal screen colors.. if green letters on black, this is a black letters on green bar) and the rest of the screen is the scrubber bar, current time, position/length, end time, etc... the MINIMAL amount of info to show it's paused. No program name, no studios, no poster, no series/episode...

- butchabay - 2012-01-03

ialand Wrote:I would like to propose something that might make the old OSD moot... I understand the reasoning behind the new one, not hiding subtitles is a good thing, but there is the reasoning behind wanting to see the whole screen when paused.. therefor how about a third option, after the normal and 'slim' OSD pause.. a 'minimalistic' version...

ONE SINGLE LINE, at the very top of the screen...

PAUSED (this in the reverse of the normal screen colors.. if green letters on black, this is a black letters on green bar) and the rest of the screen is the scrubber bar, current time, position/length, end time, etc... the MINIMAL amount of info to show it's paused. No program name, no studios, no poster, no series/episode...

You can hide info on paused in extended mod settings. So you have a fullscreen picture on pause. Don't understand why we have to look at the paused screenshot btw.

- Muther - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:At least one of the addons have to be in the addon submenu to access Random Addons on Top:

I understand why they are empty. I just thought maybe a mouse out command or something was missing to make the empty bar disappear when you move to a different selection... no big deal to me at all. sorry if it seems I'm being picky I'm not at all..... just trying to help

Quote:Movie Sets Manager is the addon itself, you need just to start it from favorites or video addons, but i could integrate a button on the slideout menu to access the addon directly:

OK I found it, I had "video" hidden and needed to change the setting to show hidden files. the whole files/library still has me a little confused. you program guys need to realize just how dumb us users are....LMAO we need buttons to click or we get lost in the maze! I honestly looked for an hour before I decided to bother you with it.

Quote:Movie Sets with Poster and Info only avaiable in " Fanart Movie Sets " View for now:

Cool, I figured it may take a while to get it into the views.... I'll give you a few hours before I bug you about it again.....LMAO just kidding. Smile YOU ROCK!

- ialand - 2012-01-03

butchabay Wrote:You can hide info on paused in extended mod settings. So you have a fullscreen picture on pause. Don't understand why we have to look at the paused screenshot btw.
((slips over to one box, checks setting "oh. when did that sneak in Smile ok .. nevermind"

- j114 - 2012-01-03

Is there an archive of older versions somewhere? Or could someone post a link for the last version with the old OSD?

Butchabay, I am grateful for all the work you've done and it's certainly your right to go any direction you want with the skin. I understand how much time and energy you've put into this, and I also understand your frustration that not everyone is on the same page with you on a feature that is important to YOU. This has been the ONLY skin that I have liked in 3+ years of using XBMC, and I plan to keep using it, at least the older versions of it for as long as they work properly on my machines and no one else manages to create a skin that I like at least as much as this one (so far, seems impossible).

I think the new OSD screen LOOKS really nice, but I frequently pause movies to view details on the screen and that is no longer an option. To make it worse, it is now extremely difficult to skim through the movie to a specific scene/location because I can't see what's going on! I rarely use subtitles and NEVER have any reason to pause and read subtitles, but I ALWAYS need to see the picture, unfortunately.

It's an important enough issue for me at this point that I am willing to sacrifice all future updates/features in exchange for the basic ability to see the screen when I pause. I'm not going to hack away at the xml files every single time I upgrade on all of my machines, that's just plain inefficient.

- User 110399 - 2012-01-03

I'm having just two problems with this theme:

The first is that when using the ProjectM visualization, the entire skin seems to shift towards the bottom-left by quite a bit, and this is throughout the entire interface (home window, file lists, settings menus etc) - here are screenshots: http://cl.ly/D21i/screenshot002.png and http://cl.ly/D21C/screenshot003.png

BUT weirdly enough, the screenshot shows the opposite problem, i.e. extra detail along the left side. I've taken a photo so I can demonstrate what actually happens: http://cl.ly/D27g/IMG_0014.JPG and http://cl.ly/D2f0/IMG_0015.JPG

The second problem is that when going into 'Concerts' view, the text 'Music videos' overlaps with the time: http://cl.ly/D2fu/screenshot005.png

Thanks for a great skin!

EDIT: there was also another thing I wanted to ask, I currently have no use for the 'play' icon in the home window, so I wondered can I edit the XML anywhere so it takes me to 'Now Playing' instead? Also on the home window, I know you can press 'M' for playback controls, but could you add an option to have the slim playback controls below the Now Playing info and above the menu, like in Confluence? I realise it's a lot to ask, so it's more a matter of whether it's possible or not... Cheers!

EDIT2: sorry, just thought of something else; one of the ONLY features of another skin that I really like is how in reFocus, it shows when the currently-playing item will finish. If Cirrus Ex2 could have something like that, it'd be amazing...