Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-05-31

Another screenshot to show that the weather fanart does change with time/conditions:

EDIT: There's something really lovely about this photo.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-01

butchabay Wrote:I just thought it could be a problem On slow down the skin, if guisettings are not refreshed with all the updates i've done, but if it's only the connection the i may think you're right. You tried windows lite? It's easy to setup and makes windows to your preference. Just google for it ...
Now a question to see if it's only me or a xbmc issue:
I have reinstalled from scratch xbmc 10.1, updated all my library about 270 Movies, now when i scroll through my movies in fanart view, it takes time to preload the covers, are you having the same problem? Never had this before, i hope it's not a skin issue ... Please let me know

Hey,

I originally had an issue with fanart etc loading very slowly on my system (hence building this windows lite to free up some resources).

So I enabled dds in advancedsettings.XML and that completly resolved that issue.... I think on a fresh install it needs to build the cache so can go slow until you view every picture in your library.

<advancedsettings>
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>
</advancedsettings>

However...

I still get the issue you mention when I continuously scroll left or right for more than a few seconds while in fanart view. I can only scroll left or right in short bursts while in fanart view, otherwise the posters don't load and it freezes for a few seconds while it catches up.

In right list view I can scroll from "a to z" continuously without error or slowdown, but in fanart view I do get the exact same result as you mention here.

I put it down to fanart view requiring more system resources and my little revo being unable to provide them, so I never complained about it. Enabling dds did help with fanart but I still have the posters issue when I try to scroll continuously in fanart view, but I'm sure that is most likely due to my low powered revo or an xbmc 10.1 bug.

Ohh,
I've deleted my gui.xml and re setup the skin, that's fixed the issue with the views not resetting Nod and I'm just testing to seem how the Internet connection is... I'll give it a few hours and feedback Big Grin

- GuiZ - 2011-06-01

The weather fanart condition is so great!! Love it!
Thanx el_Paraguayo!
For next update?

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-06-01

GuiZ Wrote:The weather fanart condition is so great!! Love it!
Thanx el_Paraguayo!
For next update?

My pleasure!

Butcha, the funny thing is, having added the weather fanart mod I actually spotted that the skin already has the fanart code in place!

A simpler solution therefore might have just been for me to have included the right settings in the skin setting page... oh well.

So... I'll try to knock up the Now Playing mod soon, but I'd like people's views on this.

You may have seen this from one of my earlier posts:

I can add this as an option if people want.
There are a couple of tweaks I'm thinking of making to this:
1) 10 next tracks - I'll see if there's a neat way of doing this.
2) I might make the black background double as a progress bar.

Another question is, what do you guys want when there's no album art? Do you still want a spinning CD?

Lastly, while I like the mod, it only really works when you have the horizontal menu. If you're using vertical then it's not going to be pretty. So, does anyone have any comments on how they'd want it to work when using the vertical menu?

One idea could be to just show the next 5/10 tracks in a similar way to the skin's existing format - e.g. no background.

Comments/suggestions please!

butchabay Wrote:It shows everywhere in rightlist views, while playing a video and return back to that view the selected item is not visible. I've tweaked around for hours to find it, no way... was not able to fix it. Tried Original cirrus and the same happens. Maybe a bug in xbmc ?

Give it a try, if you could fix it would be grandious Smile

Couldn't recreate this issue last night!

Played a video, while playing went back to rightlist view, selected item was visible in list.

Did I miss something?

- butchabay - 2011-06-01

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Couldn't recreate this issue last night!

Played a video, while playing went back to rightlist view, selected item was visible in list.

Did I miss something?

The weird thing that it's not happening on every item. Try different movies and you'll see it ...

By the way ... nice work ! I suggest to let the now playing clean in vertical menu. Add an option in home window settings something like "Enable next 5 Tracks on Home" As you have default cdart and default cover, i'll say the cdart should always be there and spinning!

- GuiZ - 2011-06-01

The home now playing is really great. It could be a nice option.Cool

1) I think that 5 next track is enough.

2) Why not.

Is this Mod will work with horizontal home menu (not lower)?

- GuiZ - 2011-06-01

butchabay Wrote:The weird thing that it's not happening on every item. Try different movies and you'll see it ...

Same for me. Not for all movies ... and not everytime on the same movieRofl

butchabay Wrote:The weird thing that it's not happening on every item. Try different movies and you'll see it ...

Well in that case, I doubt it's a skin issue.

butchabay Wrote:By the way ... nice work ! I suggest to let the now playing clean in vertical menu. Add an option in home window settings something like "Enable next 5 Tracks on Home" As you have default cdart and default cover, i'll say the cdart should always be there and spinning!

Ok, so I'll do the following:

Vertical menu - add option for "Enable next 5 tracks" and find a neat way to present it.

Horizontal menu - add option for "Enable 'extended' Now Playing view" and have this show my mod.

GuiZ Wrote:The home now playing is really great. It could be a nice option.Cool

1) I think that 5 next track is enough.

2) Why not.

Is this Mod will work with horizontal home menu (not lower)?

1) Good - makes it easier for me!
2) I'll try it, post some screenshots and see what people think.

Yes, I should be able to get it to fit on normal horizontal menu.

el_Paraguayo Wrote:So... I'll try to knock up the Now Playing mod soon, but I'd like people's views on this.

You may have seen this from one of my earlier posts:

I can add this as an option if people want.
There are a couple of tweaks I'm thinking of making to this:
1) 10 next tracks - I'll see if there's a neat way of doing this.
2) I might make the black background double as a progress bar.

Another question is, what do you guys want when there's no album art? Do you still want a spinning CD?

Lastly, while I like the mod, it only really works when you have the horizontal menu. If you're using vertical then it's not going to be pretty. So, does anyone have any comments on how they'd want it to work when using the vertical menu?

One idea could be to just show the next 5/10 tracks in a similar way to the skin's existing format - e.g. no background.

Comments/suggestions please!

Hey,

I think this is great, and if compatable with the standard horizontal view, i'd love to see it as an option in the skin Nod

As for the right list bug, i can recreate it every time on every movie?

It happens for me on every movie, every tv show, as long as i am in right list view and return to right list view with the video playing in the video window?

Its annoying, but its not a show stopper.
Im loving fanart view these days, so i hardly notice it anymore Wink

ill see if there is a circumstance in which i cant recreate it and then report back on those settings, but as of now, no matter what video i play, the text disappears.

- butchabay - 2011-06-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey,

I think this is great, and if compatable with the standard horizontal view, i'd love to see it as an option in the skin Nod

As for the right list bug, i can recreate it every time on every movie?

It happens for me on every movie, every tv show, as long as i am in right list view and return to right list view with the video playing in the video window?

Its annoying, but its not a show stopper.
Im loving fanart view these days, so i hardly notice it anymore Wink

ill see if there is a circumstance in which i cant recreate it and then report back on those settings, but as of now, no matter what video i play, the text disappears.

I nearly have the doubt that this could be a xbmc bug ... I've tried to replace the label with an imge and it works ... so if you try TV Logo Rightlist view you'll see that the logo won't disappear ... also it's visible with the star rating and watched overlay, these won't disappear ...
so there must be something with $info(label) ...

Yea,
It most likely is its probably always been there but as we never had the small video window in 1.2.7 etc it was most likely not as apparent.

I wouldnt worry about it to much, its not a huge issue. ill keep testing though so as we can rule it out for sure :-)

Butcha, meant to ask you - How do you create a new view solely for TV episodes? There's something I'd like to try for my MythTV recordings.