Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- keibertz - 2012-01-11

exiledone1 Wrote:Thanks for the help. Once I use the plugin will they just automatically be displayed on the proper view such as banner view and etc? I have a ton of movies and tv shows and can't go through them one at a time.

Thanks

Josh

all automatic
just give it a try

But i only use it for TV Series not for movies

"Favourites Rightlist View (If Possible)" - Whitershores - 2012-01-11

@butchabay, Thanks again for implementing the Dreamscene stuff, I have been using religiously. Wish there was a way to auto refresh it without having to hit backspace, but it's enough for me as it is.

Pertaining to the request I had for the Favourites section which you graciously added to your lists of Requests/Mods:
1. Add ability to have different views (Rightlist, or whatever)
2. Add ability to sort (name, date, whatever)

I see you added the ability to sort the favourites by moving them up and down. That has been a big help. I was hoping for more of a library type mode where we could sort by name, date, etc, but I suspect that cannot/may not be implemented unless it is possible to allow Favourites to have different views right? Well, thanks for adding that for now.

As for the possibility of getting views (i.e. Rightlist view) in Favourites I am sure you have much on your plate and will implement when and if you can. I was surprised in all the skins in XBMC I have played with that Favourites has no views, sorts, etc., but is usually more a pop-out type box. I suspect this is something more complicated than I thought and may not be possible or very difficult. If it is not possible, I had another idea maybe you could give input on and implement. Basically, all I am trying to do is create a centralized Addons Section, similar to the apps section in Boxee and Plex, where all my addons are centrally located:
1. Music Addons: Pandora, Last.Fm, etc.
2. Video Addons: Youtube, etc.
3. Program Addons: Navi-x, etc.
Currently in XBMC the Addons section on homescreen menus in most skins only lists the Program Addons. XBMC puts Video addons under Videos Section and Music Addons under Music Section. I would like it all Centralized under Addons. Is there a way to do this? The one benefit to this approach is that the Addons section already had various views like Rightlist and I think you can sort it too. I prefer to continue my requests to see if you can integrate views into the Favourites section because a user could then select which addons they want in there and exclude addons they do not want to use. At least that is what I would use it for. But, if implementing this into the Favourites section is not possible or too far down the road, is adding Video addons and Music addons into the already Addons section possible and easier?

I just want all my addons in one place and have the ability to have views and sort. It is easier to me from a GUI point of view, as other software seems to have like Boxee and Plex and it seems much easier for others new to XBMC that use my home theater system. The iPhone/android app craze had made the term "Apps" a part of our social fabric. People get what Apps are. So when I have friends and family over they easily can recognize a Home Menu item I would call Apps and under it all my XBMC video, music, program addons, in a consistent view as all my other Home Menu Items, sorted by alphabetical name. Hell maybe even add sort by Video, Music, Program, etc. as a sort criteria under the section too.

The Favourites modding requests would be most ideal, but maybe modding the Addons section to include video and music might be easier? I realize this latter requests maybe be more user specific to me so I understand if you or others care not for it. If so, maybe still consider the possibility of adding views and sort criteria's to the Favourites section because I think that would be useful and aesthetically more consistent to others. Well, let me know what you think and thanks for the great work with this skin!

- butchabay - 2012-01-11

@Withershores
Hi mate, that's why i've added "if possible" on my requests list, the problem is (you already mentioned) that the favorites are in a dialog. I have something in mind and i'll see if i get it to work. Stay tuned ... Smile

- Whitershores - 2012-01-11

@butchabay, okay, thanks! Got caught up today on last 50 pages of posts since I last looked and seems you are doing a lot for everyone anyways. Well, I'll stay tuned and appreciative as always.

- Kokonutcreme - 2012-01-12

el_Paraguayo Wrote:The unrated image will only appear if the rating field is totally blank so putting in "Australia" will cause this to disappear.

What do your rating fields currently show? Is it just "M" or "Australia:M"?

Please try changing one to "Australia:M" and let me know what happens?

Apologies for not replying sooner, I hadn't realised that I needed to edit the rating field as "Australia: " and didn't do that initially.

When I did this, the certification ratings flag in the information panel changes to the OFLC flag. However the Rated M flag displayed with the other media flags disappears from library view so at this stage you need to open the information panel to see what classification a movie has.

Unsure if that can be amended but thanks for the tip.

- butchabay - 2012-01-12

Whitershores Wrote:@butchabay, okay, thanks! Got caught up today on last 50 pages of posts since I last looked and seems you are doing a lot for everyone anyways. Well, I'll stay tuned and appreciative as always.

No need to go reading all the posts, i'm keeping all in the first and second post.

I'm trying to satisfy nearly everyone Smile

Example:

New OSD with lower, middle and higher OSD Info ( Normal and Slim )

See here: Gallery

- smush420 - 2012-01-12

Great work Butcha!

I finally updated to the Eden Beta and I'm loving all the new features in Cirrus.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if your using the RightList banner view for tvshows, pressing info displays the banner for the show image and it looks very distorted.

Also, if you press skip or pause during playback, the info screen shows up automatically. I don't know if this was done by design, but if so an option to turn it on/off would greatly appreciated.

Those are the only things I've noticed, keep up the great work, the skin is amazing!!

- butchabay - 2012-01-12

Commited to SVN

Language Flags in Video Info (Attention, filename must be edited and video rescanned into your database, else it won't show up) Example for Cowboys & Aliens would be Cowboys & Aliens.it.avi for Italian Language, .de. for german, .en. for english, .es. for spanish and so on.

Enable it in:

System --> Skin -- > Extended Mod --> Misc. --> Show Audio Language Flag in Video Info -->

Here some screenshots:

Skydrive Gallery

- butchabay - 2012-01-12

smush420 Wrote:Great work Butcha!

I finally updated to the Eden Beta and I'm loving all the new features in Cirrus.

I don't know if this has been mentioned but if your using the RightList banner view for tvshows, pressing info displays the banner for the show image and it looks very distorted.

Also, if you press skip or pause during playback, the info screen shows up automatically. I don't know if this was done by design, but if so an option to turn it on/off would greatly appreciated.

Those are the only things I've noticed, keep up the great work, the skin is amazing!!

Glad you can enjoy it!
The info screen show banners because you need to scrap for posters. Banners should be downloaded with the artwork downloader. Then enable jpg.support for banners and you'll be able to see banners in banner views and posters in poster views. That's how most skins are handling extra artwork. Artwork downloader is available in the official repo.
You have 2 possibilities: start the artwork downloader from addons (check addon settings first) or you start it for every single tvshow from the info screen.
I'm going making a tutorial for this soon.
Hide pause info is a setting now. You can also download the svn version from xbmc passion repo, see my first post.

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2012-01-12

butchabay Wrote:Commited to SVN

Language Flags in Video Info (Attention, filename must be edited and video rescanned into your database, else it won't show up) Example for Cowboys & Aliens would be Cowboys & Aliens.it.avi for Italian Language, .de. for german, .en. for english, .es. for spanish and so on.

Enable it in:

System --> Skin -- > Extended Mod --> Misc. --> Show Audio Language Flag in Video Info -->

Here some screenshots:

Skydrive Gallery

Very brillant idea, I love it and it looks cool on info panel!

2 reactions from me:

First, I have just one fear: suppose there is a movie called "Push.it.pull.it.avi", then XBMX would consider it as italian (same for other languages, for example "en" in french means "in", etc).
So it would be in my opinion more appropriate to use markers, like [it], or &it& or whatever you like.

Secondly, I have few subtitled original language movies, but a lot of mutli language HD movies. what to do in such a case. if there are .EN. and .FR. will there be 2 flags?
Assuming than most people will have their movies mostly in their mother speaking language, plus sometimes a second audio channel, or sometimes only other language+subtitle, there would be only 3 main categories
  1. Mother speaking language only > therefore no need of a special flag because it's obvious
  2. Mother speaking language only+other language(s) > a unique MULTI language flag
  3. Original language + subtitle > a unique VOST flag

these only 3 categories would make libraries more easy to manage, what you think?

PS. Would would keep Cowboys & Aliens in their library, it's certainly the worst movie of 2011!

- el_Paraguayo - 2012-01-12

Kokonutcreme Wrote:Apologies for not replying sooner, I hadn't realised that I needed to edit the rating field as "Australia: " and didn't do that initially.

When I did this, the certification ratings flag in the information panel changes to the OFLC flag. However the Rated M flag displayed with the other media flags disappears from library view so at this stage you need to open the information panel to see what classification a movie has.

Unsure if that can be amended but thanks for the tip.

OK, that's strange. The same code should, I think, be called in both the library view (which view are you using?) and movie information.

If the Australia prefix is the issue then I can send you some code to fix this without having to edit all your films manually.

- vicmanpergar - 2012-01-12

Language flags look sweet!!

but just a question, is it neccessary to be that way, i mean dot and two characters?
My db is all this format Title (year) [1080p x264-esp ac3-eng dts].mkv
As far as i know, XBMC picked the languages up just right.

edit: also agree with N.O.W.A.L.L. , i have almost all movies with at least 2 languages (sometimes more, lol), will the other flags also show up?

- butchabay - 2012-01-12

vicmanpergar Wrote:Language flags look sweet!!

but just a question, is it neccessary to be that way, i mean dot and two characters?
My db is all this format Title (year) [1080p x264-esp ac3-eng dts].mkv
As far as i know, XBMC picked the languages up just right.

edit: also agree with N.O.W.A.L.L. , i have almost all movies with at least 2 languages (sometimes more, lol), will the other flags also show up?

Multiple Audio Language is not supported by XBMC. I can look if i add the strings -eng, -esp, -deu, -ita and so on.

If you have naming rules like yours should be possible to show up multiple language flags. I see what i can do.

- vicmanpergar - 2012-01-12

That would look great!
thks!

- keibertz - 2012-01-12

butchabay Wrote:Multiple Audio Language is not supported by XBMC. I can look if i add the strings -eng, -esp, -deu, -ita and so on.

If you have naming rules like yours should be possible to show up multiple language flags. I see what i can do.

it would be perfekt if it could look into the XBMC database and get the audio information directly from the database entry and not from the file name.

but i am not sure if there is a database feld for audio language.