Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

spamtomas Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion unfortuantely I have done this twice. I have completely removed my user data as per the Xbox wiki and reset my source and rescanned. I have all movie data in nfo files and artwork locally. This happens with all movies. All was working fine and I changed my media files from locally to a nas share and then the problems started.

And how should this work? If you have your artwork stored locally? Then i think you have to specify every single movie to browse for your local fanart and thumb by pressing "i". Where is your .nfo file? What says the .nfo file? That's why i've said it's not possible this could be a skin bug.

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

keibertz Wrote:so u use this Skin on a XBOX ? I am not sure if its working there.

@butch ?

No clue ! Confused

- spamtomas - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:And how should this work? If you have your artwork stored locally? Then i think you have to specify every single movie to browse for your local fanart and thumb by pressing "i". Where is your .nfo file? What says the .nfo file? That's why i've said it's not possible this could be a skin bug.

The fanart displays in the background fine but the thumbs for each movie are wrong (autogenerated stills). I thought if you had a movie.tbn file present it would use that as the thumnail for the movie as per the instructions for xbmc here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails although is this something that is dependent on the skin or have i misinterprated something (quite possible Huh)

Also @keibertz excuse mistype, i was replying on an iphone and damn autocorrect sucks :-)

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

spamtomas Wrote:The fanart displays in the background fine but the thumbs for each movie are wrong (autogenerated stills). I thought if you had a movie.tbn file present it would use that as the thumnail for the movie as per the instructions for xbmc here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails although is this something that is dependent on the skin or have i misinterprated something (quite possible Huh)

Yes but the .tbn have to be in the same folder and must be rescanned, THIS IS NOT A SKIN ISSUE, THE SKIN GOES AND SHOWS WHAT'S IN YOUR DATABASE !!! please try another skin and report back.

- spamtomas - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:Yes but the .tbn have to be in the same folder and must be rescanned, THIS IS NOT A SKIN ISSUE, THE SKIN GOES AND SHOWS WHAT'S IN YOUR DATABASE !!! please try another skin and report back.

As i said about 5 or 6 posts earlier that is exactly what i will try but i was responding to posts you asked after i said that.

With regards to rest of your post, i followed the instructions for xbmc thumbnails wiki exactly so my files are present in the same folder and the media has been re scanned in fact i completely reset my userdata and started again.

I will posts results from testing different skins tonight when i get home

Thanks for your help

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

spamtomas Wrote:As i said about 5 or 6 posts earlier that is exactly what i will try but i was responding to posts you asked after i said that.

With regards to rest of your post, i followed the instructions for xbmc thumbnails wiki exactly so my files are present in the same folder and the media has been re scanned in fact i completely reset my userdata and started again.

I will posts results from testing different skins tonight when i get home

Thanks for your help

Sorry but now i get confused.

spamtomas Wrote:Im having a problem with movie posters being auto generated instead of using locally saved artwork. Im running 2.06 for dharma. If i view in file list the artwork appears but when viewing in wall or rightlist it just shows a gernerated clip from the film. Cleared library and thumbnails folder no change. My artwork appears fine for other skins. I have my artwork saved as per the xbmc wiki i have changed local filnames to movie.tbn, poster.jpg. Am i missing something obvious here.

You can not scan your library that way, XBMC goes and fetches the artwork from themoviedb or imdb or whatever scraper you have setup.
You need to have a local stored .nfo (ember media manager, for example creates local stored .nfos)

- matzer - 2012-01-16

I have a TV show logo which display chinese (?) symbols, but can download a proper one with Artwork Downloader. How can I force xbmc/cirrus to change the 'strange' logo in Rightlist Logo View?

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

matzer Wrote:I have a TV show logo which display chinese (?) symbols, but can download a proper one with Artwork Downloader. How can I force xbmc/cirrus to change the 'strange' logo in Rightlist Logo View?

Sorry, missunderstood. You just need to rescrap your tvshow.

What's the name of your tvshow ? How it's named your folder ?

- spamtomas - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:Sorry but now i get confused.

You can not scan your library that way, XBMC goes and fetches the artwork from themoviedb or imdb or whatever scraper you have setup.
You need to have a local stored .nfo (ember media manager, for example creates local stored .nfos)

I do have nfo's created as mentioned here

spamtomas Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion unfortuantely I have done this twice. I have completely removed my user data as per the Xbox wiki and reset my source and rescanned. I have all movie data in nfo files and artwork locally. This happens with all movies. All was working fine and I changed my media files from locally to a nas share and then the problems started.

To sum it up, all was working, decided to move my media to nas box rather than locally stored media, changed skins at the same time and movie thumbs dont work. Fanart works from the local stored version and the NFO's are being used to populate the info, but movie thumbs do not work in library view. As you said this is probably not a skin issue, but i posted here as i was, at that time, unaware on how everything works as i am new to this.

Sorry my mistake :o original post should have said appeared to work fine, as it was working in confluence but since i changed skin to Cirrus after i moved data to nas box i cannout be 100% sure it was working in confluence since change and rescan. As mentioned before i will now check other skins tonight and post results accordingly.

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

spamtomas Wrote:I do have nfo's created as mentioned here

To sum it up, all was working, decided to move my media to nas box rather than locally stored media, and movie thumbs dont work. Fanart works from the local stored version and the NFO's are being used to populate the info, but movie thumbs do not work in library view. As you said this is probably not a skin issue, but i posted here as i was, at that time, unaware on how everything works as i am new to this. As mentioned before i will now check other skins tonight and post results accordingly. Thanks

So let's begin again:

You have your movies stored in NAS.

Movies

or

Movies

- spamtomas - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:So let's begin again:

You have your movies stored in NAS.

Movies

or

Movies

Thanks for your patience :o

It is stored like this, with a movie.tbn in each movie folder

Movies

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

spamtomas Wrote:Thanks for your patience :o

It is stored like this, with a movie.tbn in each movie folder

Movies

No problem,

right?

- matzer - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:Sorry, missunderstood. You just need to rescrap your tvshow.

What's the name of your tvshow ? How it's named your folder ?

Rescraping does not seem to work.

It's Castle (2009), all info is correct except the logo. Artwork Downloader provides two logos, the strange looking one and a proper one with "Castle" in it.
Folder name is "\Castle (2009)" and contains the correct logo.png

- spamtomas - 2012-01-16

butchabay Wrote:No problem,

right?

No, the thumb file is literally called movie.tbn

----Movie.tbn

I understood this to be correct from these instructions

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Thumbnails#Video_Thumbnails

"If content has been set to Movies, movie.tbn will override any other thumbs for media in that folder. In he following example "videofilename.avi" will now use the thumbnail movie.tbn
Videos\path\movie.tbn
Videos\path\videofilename.avi"

- butchabay - 2012-01-16

matzer Wrote:Rescraping does not seem to work.

It's Castle (2009), all info is correct except the logo. Artwork Downloader provides two logos, the strange looking one and a proper one with "Castle" in it.
Folder name is "\Castle (2009)" and contains the correct logo.png

Try to rename your folder to Castle not Castle (2009).