Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-10

butchabay Wrote:I can't believe that an update would break the skin. But i'll wait and see if weather plus is works again these days ... I think this will be the last update for dharma and then make changes for nightlies ...

Hey Butcha,

It works fine if you change the provider (for the time being)..

For us over here, its the same shitty ass rainy weather no matter whether my weather is provided by AccuWeather or The Weather Channel - so it's no big deal for me Laugh

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-11

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey Butcha,

It works fine if you change the provider (for the time being)..

For us over here, its the same shitty ass rainy weather no matter whether my weather is provided by AccuWeather or The Weather Channel - so it's no big deal for me Laugh

I live in Europe

When I select no provider (therefore use weather.com as default provider) I get the maps but no forecast infos.

When I select the Accuweather.comprovider, I get the weather forecast infos (temps, clouds etc) but no maps, which is normal as Accuweather doesn't provide maps.

For those of you who live in Europe, do you manage to get the addon (v.2.1.9) to work 100%, with both infos & maps?

And by the way the new addon should provide 10 days forecast, but I have still 6-7 days... maybe a skin thing

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-11

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:I live in Europe

When I select no provider (therefore use weather.com as default provider) I get the maps but no forecast infos.

When I select the Accuweather.comprovider, I get the weather forecast infos (temps, clouds etc) but no maps, which is normal as Accuweather doesn't provide maps.

For those of you who live in Europe, do you manage to get the addon (v.2.1.9) to work 100%, with both infos & maps?

And by the way the new addon should provide 10 days forecast, but I have still 6-7 days... maybe a skin thing

Hey nowall,

Yea I'm Europe too Smile Your right, the accuweather works without maps, but for me that's not a big deal as when I go into the plugin anyway it's full of bugs (doubled up weather icons etc) so I only ever use the "plus" plugin for the external 5 day forecast so I personally don't mind having the maps as I hardly use them Smile

I've just updated to the latest version 2.1.9 and all is normal again, I've changed back to the default provider and it seems to be working as usual now.

Hopefully that should be back to normal lol although normal for me means my screen is full of rain icons Sad

- semi- - 2011-06-12

I like a lot of what Cirrus Extended adds, but I greatly prefer the cirrus2.1 recently added view. Is there any way to get that backported in?

- butchabay - 2011-06-12

semi- Wrote:I like a lot of what Cirrus Extended adds, but I greatly prefer the cirrus2.1 recently added view. Is there any way to get that backported in?

No way sorry ...

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-12

just a simple question: in big poster view, I have DVD/BR cases on, because then it's more easy to see if a movie is in HD (even if I have set "HD" and "FullHD" categories in the main menu. Indeed I mainly choose movies through the Recently added section, which I have set to show the last 500 movies)

but with cases on, the tags watched and trailer are not visible :-(

is this because you can't have a double overlay on a poster?

- butchabay - 2011-06-12

Nowall, no it's just why i haven't thought about it Smile will be done ... Hoping that the overlays will fit well.

- cd492 - 2011-06-12

Sry for my Stupidity.

Two quick Questions.

1. Where can I activate the DVD/Blu-Ray Cases in the Fanart View?

2. How can I increase the number of movies shown in the Recently added Section?

- htpc guy - 2011-06-12

1) When you are in the movie library press left to get to the window where you change views. Its at the bottom of this list. You can choose off, regular cases or clear cases.

2) Sorry, can't help on this one. i'm guessing there is an .xml file that needs editing but I don't know which one.

- butchabay - 2011-06-12

cd492 Wrote:Sry for my Stupidity.

Two quick Questions.

1. Where can I activate the DVD/Blu-Ray Cases in the Fanart View?

1. No extra cases in fanart view, only rightlist and bigposter.
2. You can do it you have to take a look in includesrecentlyadded.xml

- PatrickBateman - 2011-06-12

htpc guy Wrote:1) When you are in the movie library press left to get to the window where you change views. Its at the bottom of this list. You can choose off, regular cases or clear cases.

2) Sorry, can't help on this one. i'm guessing there is an .xml file that needs editing but I don't know which one.

HTPC guy is right for the other views, however, currently fanart view does not have cases enabled. Also, to get to the menu in fanart view you have to press "up" twice for the menu to appear Smile

Lol posted at the same time butch lol

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-12

cd492 Wrote:Sry for my Stupidity.

Very simple

In your XMBC/userdata/ folder, create a blank file named "advancedsettings.xml"

in this file, paste this:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
    <recentlyaddeditems>500</recentlyaddeditems>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

Replacing the 500 by the number of items you want.
This way is the clean way to do, because
  1. The userdata folder doesn't change, so even if you update XMBC, the setting will remain
  2. The setting will work with whatever skin you choose

you can put in this file whatever setting you want applied to all skins (but I use only the recentlyaddeditems function

@butchabay > wow excellent news about the overlay upon the cases!
I don't like very much the actual ones, so I guess I will photoshop my own tags a bit more flashy, and probably share them with who likes them!

- cd492 - 2011-06-12

Ok, thanks for your quick help guys!

- butchabay - 2011-06-12

@Novall
Thanks for the advanced settings hint, didn't knew thatSmile

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-06-13

I am cooking something for CirrusExtended hehe...

hint: it will look pretty