Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-03

Aww good news! I am on Mac, I use the basic TextEdit.

Here is french string for 2.04: http://www.mediafire.com/?zch7x7bfw6uyqus

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-03

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:+1!

As the weather in Switzerland is going to be bad the next days, I have planned to make new backgrounds for CirrusEx in the corporate style (for my personal use but of course I will share them) and also maybe I wanted to translate the new french strings...

But when I opened the "new" 2.04 english string, well, I got discouraged because I realised I should spend hours just to compare the two strings english/french to find out what was added
Butcha, do you keep a record of which ID numbers you added from version to version? If you could mention on every new release what IDs you added, it would be much more easy for translators to update the strings

Looking forward to seeing the new backgrounds, I think your genres fit in beautifully within the skin and do indeed give it a Very "professional/corporate" feel.

I'm looking forward to seeing them, and the new genres that are fully implemented into 2.0.5 Smile

Great work guys, can't wait to see the new sleek/corporate look and feel in 2.0.5 and the new info screens butcha has planned for us Nod

I'm at your disposal for testing butcha as always and anything else you need. The other half will appreciate the heat being taken off her for a while, ive been bug testing her cooking etc lately and it's been getting me into no end of trouble Laugh

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-03

PatrickBateman Wrote:Looking forward to seeing the new backgrounds, I think your genres fit in beautifully within the skin and do indeed give it a Very "professional/corporate" feel.

I'm looking forward to seeing them, and the new genres that are fully implemented into 2.0.5 Smile

Great work guys, can't wait to see the new sleek/corporate look and feel in 2.0.5 and the new info screens butcha has planned for us Nod

I'm at your disposal for testing butcha as always and anything else you need. The other half will appreciate the heat taken off of me bug testing her dinners etc Laugh

Thanks, Indeed the backgrounds I talk about are just the 10 tabs you see when you enter "System", because I have animated fanarts activated everywhere!

Now I have created 9 of the 10 symbols, then I will incorporate them in new abstract background (we all know now that Butcha lika abstract background!)

Edit: Done
here is below my first attempt for the system tabs background. I tried to make the symbols the most minimalist possible, and put them on an abstract background. Every background had its laser line color edited by 10%, so when you'll navigate the tabs, thanks to the fade effect, the line will slightly change from yellow > orange > red > orange > back in yellow

the pictures have to be copied in the "backgrounds" folder of CirrusEx... Please make a safe copy of the original ones so that you can revert them if you dislike my work

Download link (updated):
http://www.mediafire.com/?ze1w0sdgstacokk

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-04

Very nice Smile

I'll get them popped in right away... Smile

Would you ever consider doing something similar for the main menu?

I usually have each main menu background image set to the same jpeg, this allows me to navigate the menus quickly on my little revo.

It would be great to see similar style backgrounds (where the style is the same and only the sign/image changes etc) on the main menu. Either as the main default images for the skin or as a corporate background pack? Nod

@butch
Just been watching a tv show and noticed that when I pause the tv show no poster is displayed lime it is in movies.

This is fine, however when I then display/press info the skin displays a landscape screenshot of the currently playing episode... Is there any way to have the skin display the main poster from the tv show when the info is displayed or the actual season level poster rather than the current episode screenshot?

No worries if not, just spitballing as i think it would look really neat/nice Smile

Any tantalising screens of the new movie info section coming our way, I'm dying to see what you've got up you're sleeve Smile

- mad-max - 2011-08-04

Warning: Offtopic!

This is one of the coolest threads...wanna know why?

It's always a pleasure to read how the people interact in order to contribute and improve the skin...
Guys like el_p, pat, butch, nowall and so on...

Keep on rockin' dudes...

cheers,
mm

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-04

Thanks Pat and MadMax

As I often said, I am not a skinner and have little time to give to CirrusEx.

I just make little graphical mods for my personal needs, taste and use, then share them. I don't take requests.
That's precisely why I generally release the source file after, so that people can pursue the work.

For your particular question, I have absolutely no plan to make backgrounds for the main menu, because
  • on my media center I don't need them, I use animated fanarts everywhere
  • it would be a nightmare to develop as people have the menu either vertical, horizontal up or down
  • it would take me a very long time to develop new symbols that I wouldn't use, so it would be wasted time in a selfish point of view

Here is the source file for the symbols + background:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2ug37n5okdkkxtk

Best regards

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-04

mad-max Wrote:Warning: Offtopic!

It's always a pleasure to read how the people interact in order to contribute and improve the skin...

Keep on rockin' dudes...

cheers,
mm

I like that - me first!

I'm still looking at the pop-up menu. Things that work:
- Cinema experience (fullscreen only)
- Play trailer (fullscreen)
- Play trailer (windowed)
- Play movie (fullscreen)
- Play movie (windowed)

I'll have a go at getting TV Tunes working and then have a go at tidying up the appearance (usually a fairly frustrating experience as I'm a bit OCD with things being the right size/correctly aligned but I don't have the graphics skills to do the backgrounds etc).

Butcha, I'm also sending you a question via PM on the pop-up menu.

- MaxHeadroom - 2011-08-04

butchabay Wrote:Yo Max,

Going to take a look, could you post a screenshot ? thanx

cheers

Sorry for the newbie question - how do I screenshot?

- mad-max - 2011-08-04

MaxHeadroom Wrote:Sorry for the newbie question - how do I screenshot?

Just press "Print" on the Keyboard...it's above "insert"

Thanks mad-max. I just needed the function key.

Next dumb question - how do I paste thye damn thing?

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-04

I quickly made a 2nd version of the background, with the black box behind the symbols

Personally I prefer this one

Download link (updated)
http://www.mediafire.com/?z9u3qn29kcslka3

- mad-max - 2011-08-04

MaxHeadroom Wrote:Thanks mad-max. I just needed the function key.

Next dumb question - how do I paste thye damn thing?

If your making a screenshot from within XBMC it should have asked you for the location where to save it...
If not, you might check guisettings.xml in order to find the path for screenshots...
Code:
<screenshotpath pathversion="1">C:\Users\max\Desktop\</screenshotpath>

mm

mm - sorry if I am missing something really obvious. I can see where the screen shot saved. I just can't paste the thing into the reply.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-04

mad-max Wrote:Warning: Offtopic!

Keep on rockin' dudes...

cheers,
mm

Lovely message and well said!

I totally agree with you M-M. I think everyone here appreciates everyone else's hard work and understands the different levels of knowledge and expertise and skills between members.

Contributions/opinions etc are all welcomed by butcha and the main contributors of the skin (no matter what the idea or how hard/wacky it may be) Smile and that is a huge plus in my opinion.

Butcha and el_p have been a massive influence on me with what they have done and I feel such gratitude for that, that I will try and learn, help, test and do the best I can in return to show/portray back to them (and the others) just how much I appreciate the hard work they all do and have done in developing this skin.

This thread is now about 70% of the reason I come on line these days Smile there are few places left on line that have such a welcoming, warm, encouraging and sharing environment and this thread is most definitely one of them Nod

@butcha
Just thinking... There is an option In the menu that was added a while back for removing the poster in then pause screen? Could an option therefore be adapted from that to remove the image from the info display (when watching a tv show only) or would that not be possible? Just trying to think of other ways to resolve my OCD issues with that menu lol Smile

Now, I need to find/create some simple nice backgrounds as my little revo is running out of puff Sad

- butchabay - 2011-08-04

MaxHeadroom Wrote:Sorry for the newbie question - how do I screenshot?

It's not necessary, i can reproduce it ! Will be fixed ...
Cheers