Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- butchabay - 2011-08-05

el_Paraguayo Wrote:As for paying Pat more, maybe he should just work harder Wink

Smile

http://cgi.ebay.ch/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140527512568&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:My revo is perfect for the living room, silent, tiny and plays 1080p content etc... If there was any other box of the same dimensions or smaller with more power I'd have one in a flash Smile my iPad is more powerful than my revo so it's hard to understand why pc manufactures can't give us more power in a similar sized package Sad

you should have a look at Apple MacMini. Mine is superfast, very tiny size and totally silent, even if it's not the last model.
New models were released recently and of course they are expensive, but you should be able to find now very good 2nd hand Mini of last generation like mine at a decent price.

Your revo didn't blow my mind... except the remote, it seems very cool with its keyboard!

As for Aeon (my favourite one was Aeon65), it's by far the most beautiful skin too look at, but I found it not very convenient on a daily use (fonts are too small, elements positions not very logical etc).
Typically, when I want to show my setup to people I switch to Aeon to hear their "wow", then switch back to CE!
Gonna try the Showmix v3 edition though... (Edit: I really dislike Showmix different views, none of them is classy, I find the whole too bulky! the only part I like a lot is the weather details look, wish it was like that in CE!)

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-05

butchabay Wrote:@MaxHeadroom
No problem Smile

@Pat
Don't know if you've read this, could be interesting:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106555

Yea that's the thread I got the info from Smile

As for the mini pc you posted, I like it, but it's too big Sad my revo is tiny and is vesa mounted to the back of my tv (well one of them is- I have 3 of them) so although it's very nice, it's still too big

@el_p I'll have you know today I have worked really hard, I read the news, got a bacon roll, checked my email, ignored the support calls while I drank my coffee, logged on here and then started my lunch. If I don't deserve a Pay rise for that level of dedication to my work, then I don't know what this world is coming to Laugh

@nowall
The mac mini does look cute, but it too has slight restrictions that stop me from buying it. Mainly the ability to use my "xonar u1's" as they currently have my line ins, optical outs and mic ins etc for my amp (as it's not a great av receiver) however... That aside if I can find away around that then I completely agree that the mac mini is a bonofied solution to my power issues. Apple do seem to be pushing the envelope lately and I love them for that, they seem to be the only company to really see the potential of the HTPC etc. If any other pc manufacturer made a pc the size of a mac mini with similar power, it would sell like hot cakes, but for some reason, they don't?

Apple push the envelop and the rest are standing still watching? The hilarious thing is, I come from a very pc orientaited background, worked in it support, Microsoft certified in my field as a hardware engineer, and grew up in the MS camp, It was bredinto us to hate apple... Now I sit here with my iPhone, my iPad, my mac book air and wonder how I ever managed without them. Although I dislike many of their practices they do offer amazing tech/power/size for the money.

Funny old world when you can literally see where pc manufactures are going wrong and yet the CEO's still seem t want to drive them into bankruptcy and follow the most bizarre path... Bt ho-hum... Smile

I suppose I should really do some work them, or el_p (aka the work police) will be on my case again Wink

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:I suppose I should really do some work them, or el_p (aka the work police) will be on my case again Wink

Made me laugh as I was eating my sandwich at my desk!

Anyway, I should keep quiet - no one's complained about the slowness of my mods yet. Don't want to be accused of slacking Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-08-05

@Pat
The problem is that an actual HTPC is more than just a multimedia center, particulary if you want it as a game station and a Multi Tuner Sat Receiver card ... so in this case you must have options to integrate a decent graphic card and a pci tvtuner ...

So that's the deal ... performance and a bigger case or limited performance and options with a small cute mediacenter ...

Everyone should make his own option and selection.

I need a coffee ... Smile

butchabay Wrote:@Pat
The problem is that an actual HTPC is more than just a multimedia center, particulary if you want it as a game station and a Multi Tuner Sat Receiver card ... so in this case you must have options to integrate a decent graphic card and a pci tvtuner ...

So that's the deal ... performance and a bigger case or limited performance and options with a small cute mediacenter ...

Everyone should make his own option and selection.

I need a coffee ... Smile

Yup - mine's in an ATX tower Eek

- htpc guy - 2011-08-05

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Yup - mine's in an ATX tower Eek

I say go for power and build it into a nice case. Mine looks like a stereo receiver.

- svinyard - 2011-08-05

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hi Svin,

Good to see you took my advice and gave CEv2 a try Smile

If your having any issues with speed on your box (I'm on an ion/atom based pc) have you tried enabling support for .dds images to help load fanart etc faster? Also I disable a few options in CEv2 to help me retain my CPU cycles for the navigation of my HTPC. I disable animated weather icons, disable scrolling in now playing, hide images etc that are not needed such as studio logos for movies, I set all my backgrounds to the same image, only enable views I need and numerous other changes to help keep the skin lite and fast without Losing features.

It's the perfect skin for small HTPCs such as the revo as the functionality is amazing and looks so clean and official (especially with nowalls new artwork)

Glad to see you like it though and the trailers issue may be a thing of the past as el_p is currently working on a mew Menu for activating trailers etc so your prayers may be answered for the first issue Smile

@nowall
I do need more pay Smile it would always be a welcome suprise to get a pay rise, but a letter to intel wouldkore more use as it's that technology thats holding me back more than anything.. is not good enough for what I want lol

My revo is perfect for the living room, silent, tiny and plays 1080p content etc... If there was any other box of the same dimensions or smaller with more power I'd have one in a flash Smile my iPad is more powerful than my revo so it's hard to understand why pc manufactures can't give us more power in a similar sized package Sad

@butcha
You better not be leaving... You've created a master piece here and it's getting bigger and better every day. I'm personally not a huge fan of aeon, it's a nice skin, but it's not suited to me needs. It's the kind of thing I'd expect to see on a water cooled gaming pc in the bedroom as It's "cool" and popwerful, but it's not what I want to show off my home cinema in the front room. CEv2 is elegant and classy and looks very professional and is a pleasure to use (thanks to you) and makes my front room home cinema look and feel very expensive Smile

Gentlemen thank you for the great replys! Looking forward to the updates.

I am currently using dds fan art and it definitely helps. I will try those optimization settings but if you have a more complete list I'm all ears sir.

How do you turn off logos?

One other request, in the horizontal menu, if I hit the up arrow on movies it will give me titles, genres etc but the font is really hard to see even if i have the bold setting. Also is like to be able to adjust what is shown there for a production environment to keep it simple

Thanls fellas!

- butchabay - 2011-08-05

Which logo you're meaning? The xbmc logo? Or tvshows logos?
About submenu colors, i'll see if i can change the color of the focused item, you're right it's a bit hard to read ...
Cheers ...

- svinyard - 2011-08-05

I'm not entirely sure which logo's Pat was talking about. So which ever logos can be disabled to make it run faster...then those Smile

you know it would be cool to have an ultra-light mode\setting. Something that doesn't kill ALL the eye candy but just something that still looks cool but is configured for highspeed. Anyways I'm just dreaming, I know that would be a significant change and I'm more than happy to adjust some XML or settings...I just need to know which ones.

I basically want my system to have Pats changes

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:...4) I guess it's not possible, but I wish there was an option, just for the system tab at least, to select several pictures for a section background and make them slide, without animation but with just crossfade. This way I could have fun making, let's say, 2 or 3 slightly different icons on settings background per section, to obtain a kind of "pulsating light" effect of the icon, or for example an effect looking like shining gold with a light reflect running in the orange parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryvAXBMu7uA
(I'm not good at graphics, but you get the idea!)

- butchabay - 2011-08-06

It's great, but i think a kind of shining effect would be better than pulsating.
Anyway nice work Smile

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-06

butchabay Wrote:It's great, but i think a kind of shining effect would be better than pulsating.
Anyway nice work Smile
I'll leave the pictures to someone who can turn out something professional, I just wanted to see if it could be done Big Grin

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-06

Butcha,

I've sent you the weather fanart fix - sorry it took so long to send.

el_P

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-06

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I'll leave the pictures to someone who can turn out something professional, I just wanted to see if it could be done Big Grin

@el_p: yes that was what I had in mind. but the shining effect would be better I agree with butcha.
how many sprites did you make to make the "animation"?

I will surely make theses animations of symbols one day, but I think I will put them on hold a while as it's just a eyecandy stuff

Instead, I was thinking about redesigning the present default grey icons (hard disk, parent folder, CD etc). but before I begin I would like to know if it would be appreciated/asked by people, as it would be very time consuming due to the number of items

I work as a designer, so I spend usually my all week in front of a screen at work and it always give me bad headache... and during my last holiday week I also spent several days on my PC working on CirrusEx, I must be mad, or masochistic!