Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-06

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:@el_p: yes that was what I had in mind. but the shining effect would be better I agree with butcha.
how many sprites did you make to make the "animation"?

I will surely make theses animations of symbols one day, but I think I will put them on hold a while as it's just a eyecandy stuff

Instead, I was thinking about redesigning the present default grey icons (hard disk, parent folder, CD etc). but before I begin I would like to know if it would be appreciated/asked by people, as it would be very time consuming due to the number of items

I work as a designer, so I spend usually my all week in front of a screen at work and it always give me bad headache... and during my last holiday week I also spent several days on my PC working on CirrusEx, I must be mad, or masochistic!

I had 10 pictures (numbered 01-10) to do the pulse up and down.

The tricky bit is balancing the fade time (to prevent flicker) with the time per image.

As for the icons, it's not a big thing for me, I hardly ever see them so if I were you then I'd enjoy some time away from a PC!

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-06

Indeed I couldn't resist to the temptation. I am about 75% work done on default icons

Now I go play tennis, I should finish the whole thing tonight when I come back!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-06

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:Indeed I couldn't resist to the temptation. I am about 75% work done on default icons

Now I go play tennis, I should finish the whole thing tonight when I come back!

New icons will be appreiced over here.

I love the look of your genres, system backgrounds and I think your eye for new icons will be just as fitting. Ive currently got all your images in my build and I think they really do make it look very much like a professional appliance.

I remove a few images from the standard build, I remove the folders for studio logos, backgrounds and would welcome nice new corporate style default icons.

I love the artwork you made, and I'm looking forward to your next set of backgrounds/icons and other goodies.

@butcha
I love the main menu look/feel. I think the colour/font and clarity is perfect and it fits in the with rest if the skin perfecty. The sub menus are perfect since the bold font was removed, I hope you don't change them too much as i thunk the main menu and it's sub menus are beautiful as they are.

The orange and dark grey look is lovely and subtle and very professional. You've done a wonderful and job. I for 1 think it's gorgeous Smile

I'm going to try out the aeon show mix you mentioned and see how it goes on my system. But to be honest, I still think your CEv2 is the skin for me as it's so tailored, so easy to use and everything is readily available to me that I think CEv2 is gonna be very hard to top for me... That's said, I really do like the look of the re:focus if only it had a horizontal menu, or if you fancy stealing some of their views Id not complain Wink

Looking forward to seeing el_p changes to the weather and the new menu to so Im pretty excited for a new release Smile can't wait guys and you all deserve a holiday. It's the start of the Edinburgh festival this weekend (largest international festival in the world) so if many of you want a cheap holiday you can crash with me and the family for a weekend no worries Smile

Although saying that, im sure that many of the films Ive watched indicate that taking invites from strangers online, to stay st their houses, usually leads to a horrific and violent death Shocked

But still the offers there if you want it Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-08-06

Bad news !
My HTPC is dead Sad now i have to connect my laptop, so i don't have a test machine to go on with all the stuff i've promised ...
Pat thanx for your invitation, but my holidays are already finished! Smile
Oh guys i feel like shit at the moment, i'm writing this post with my iphone and that's depressive! Hope i'll get a new HTPC soon and going on with cev2 ...

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-06

here are new default icons, whole set.

Just a few samples of them:

Download link (updated):
http://www.mediafire.com/?33rvu8rz8kawygd

I also made the calibration crosses orange instead of blue (included in the archive too)

Holiday over here too, on monday back to the agency (therefore less time for Cirrus)

tweaking XBMC is fine, using it is better! So now I have so much headache after the 46 icons set I think it's time to rest my eyes and mind watching a stupid teen comedy!

- butchabay - 2011-08-06

Yo Nowall, they're looking fantastic, thanx bro!
I know what it means to spend months for a project!
Now i lay down and watch "Game of Thrones" !
Have a nice weekend ...

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-06

PatrickBateman Wrote:Looking forward to seeing el_p changes to the weather and the new menu to so Im pretty excited for a new release Smile can't wait guys and you all deserve a holiday.

It's the start of the Edinburgh festival this weekend (largest international festival in the world) so if many of you want a cheap holiday you can crash with me and the family for a weekend no worries Smile

Weather change is just a fix to stop default background showing when fanart enabled and menu moves off weather item.

Not sure the menu will be in the next update - it's a painful process at the moment and I really don't have much time to get it finished. I will get there. Just not sure when.

As for Edinburgh, I lived there for 4 years and never made it to the festival Shocked

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-07

Several Default icons updated on post 770 (mediafire link available again)

And I made 2 versions of the DefaultFolderBack: one in square shape (just for List view - named "DefaultFolderBackList"), one more or less in DVD case proportions and higher resolution (for all other views)

Fot the whole set I made 256x256 pixels icons, like in 2.04.

Just tell me if you need higher resolutions if it comes blury in FullHD (on my 80cm HD TV it's OK though).
Tell me too if you need the Illustrator source file (maybe Pat will need it for working on his new backgrounds)

Good night

I just saw in old threads that XBMC has some animated GIF support

here is a test for the DefaultFolderBack icon (the only one that would be animated indeed, as it's the most common one. The other ones can stay stationary)

If someone skilled in code can make a quick test to see if XBMC succeeds in reading it...
If it's the case, even on Pat's setup I think such a tiny icon (30ko - same size as usual PNGs) could be read without slowing down the GUI

Also, would it be possible to have different icons depending of the views?
Currently the DefaultFolderBack is in square proportions in List view, but is stretched to poster proportions in other views (yuke!)

By the way, I just notice that even my black&orange ninja avatar is corporate with CirrusEx!

- butchabay - 2011-08-07

Hi nowall, sadly i can't test the gif animation ... Looks nice!
I may be wrong, but i think parent folder control is not handled by the skin.
That's the reason why i have "show parent folder item" disabled in settings!

Too bad!
I tried simply renaming the ".gif" into ".png" > XBMC reads only the 1st sprite (no animation)

I just opened a thread in the programming section, maybe some codegenius will have the solution?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=856709

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-13

hey butcha, how was this first week back to work? Mine was exhausting!

did you manage to resuscitate your HTPC?

Pat, still drunk from the Edinburgh festival?

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-14

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:hey butcha, how was this first week back to work? Mine was exhausting!

did you manage to resuscitate your HTPC?

Pat, still drunk from the Edinburgh festival?

Yup Oo

Went to see the Tom greens show and Stevo (jackass) show Laugh drank too many cocktails Eek and generally had an incredible time. Gotta love the festival x only got up to use the bathroom... Off back to bed... Coz I think imstill drunk Shocked

Hope your all ok and havin a great time too Big Grin

- roguesailor - 2011-08-14

I have been enjoying 'Cirrus' and 'Cirrus Extended' for the past few months and would like to thank everyone who has worked on this great skin.

In the hopes of helping I'd like to report a bug. Where I live the temperature regularly hits triple digits. When this happens the 100+ temperature is truncated to "1..." in the Weather menu. I don't know if it would be possible to change the font size or the size of the box that the temp is rendered in, but it would be nice to see all 3 digits. This is an issue both in 'Cirrus' and 'Cirrus Extended'.

Here's a screenshot:

BTW I don't live in Dubai, It's just the hottest place I could think of since it's night here now and the temp is <100 degrees

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-14

roguesailor Wrote:I have been enjoying 'Cirrus' and 'Cirrus Extended' for the past few months and would like to thank everyone who has worked on this great skin.

In the hopes of helping I'd like to report a bug. Where I live the temperature regularly hits triple digits. When this happens the 100+ temperature is truncated to "1..." in the Weather menu. I don't know if it would be possible to change the font size or the size of the box that the temp is rendered in, but it would be nice to see all 3 digits. This is an issue both in 'Cirrus' and 'Cirrus Extended'.

That's a nice bug report. El_Paraguayo should be able to fix this I guess.
Is the bug present in both standard Weather and WeatherPlus?

and Nice to see you back Pat!

Last night, just to test myself, I browsed other skins threads, installed some new ones (Rapier 4 beta for example, Neon SVN), even tried to use again RefocusElf as in the past, but well, even these are great skins, CirrusEx will definitely stay my favourite one! in a pure user point of view, it's definitely the most convenient and logical one!

Concerning the animated icon, well I tried several things but sadly I never managed to make it work Image
it was supposed to work on the original XBox XBMC but I guess the function get lost somewhere when it was ported to x86. XBMC devs told me I should try with a serie of several PNG linked to a "multi-image function" but I don't understand what it is and anyway it would be a huge work for something useless at the end - just eye candy - so better give up this idea