Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- nemulate - 2011-08-23

butchabay Wrote:This weekend i hope ...

Great news indeed Nod

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-23

@butch

Looking at those screenshots, is the "latest Movies" section a brand new feature or is it an extension of the "Recently added" feature?

I like the look of it and its functionality and am very much looking forward to its arrival Nod

This will be good weekend for me, F1 is back and CEv2 2.0.5 is released!

Phh also butch. that pinky wallpaper (the last screen shot) can you point me to where that wallpaper is.. its delicious Smile

@nowall
is the recentlyadded switch in the advanced settings for nightlys only? Im using an advanced settings for DDS fanart (whivh works perfectly) however, when i copyied and pasted your text into the file it did not work... also i removed my version completly and added your text to my xml #9removed all my current settings) saved over it and still it did not function? Is this similar to the "splash" and other options that are only available in certain nightlys?

Edit!!!
Ok.. Sorry i am mistaken, The edit does infact change the amount of films... However i wasnt checking the actual "recently added" folder for items... i was actually waiting for the "recently added" window (on the home screen) to cycle through more than 1 movie (500 movies).

However it seems (for me at least) that it still only shows 1 movie in the "recently added" window (this is on the home screen) and it does not cycle or ever change thant movie? This seems weird and pointless as it means it only ever shows me the same moive day in day out and never offers me anything else to watch?

Is there a way to make the recently added window "cycle" through 500 movies (or so) every 30 seconds or whatever?

- butchabay - 2011-08-23

@pat
So you never used that option? It's not new, it was already released in cev1 Smile you have to press up twice and then you're in latest movies and there is the list you can scroll ...
It's limited to 9 movies if i remember right.

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-23

@Pat> not sure to understand what the problem is

every time I add and scrape a new movie, it gets added to the recently added SECTION (aka the recently added function in home menu)

As for the recently added window - or we can call it widget - on the home screen this is a general bug, present also in other skins: it doesn't update itself right after the scan.
you have to enter into movies or whatever big section of the home menu, then go back to the home screen; then only the recently added window gets updated

When you say your recently added window shows only 1 movie its weird, mine has 7 items in the list ... hmm are you sure at least that you access it correctly (by pressing 2 times "UP" on your remote or keyboard)?
we could discuss if 7 items is enough or if it they should be more numerous. In my case, 7 is enough (indeed I don't really use it, I prefer access the recent ones by main menu)

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-23

@butcha > did you receive my PM? I don't see it in my sent items.

Not sure the result will be fine, the original files seem to have been compressed in indexed colors instead of PNG-24, so the gradient suck! they would deserve a work from scratch to be clean, but I really lack time these days (plus with the dog days we have in Switzerland this week it's a pain to work, I'm energyless!)

N.O.W.A.L.L Wrote:@Pat> not sure to understand what the problem is

every time I add and scrape a new movie, it gets added to the recently added SECTION (aka the recently added function in home menu)

As for the recently added window - or we can call it widget - on the home screen this is a general bug, present also in other skins: it doesn't update itself right after the scan.
you have to enter into movies or whatever big section of the home menu, then go back to the home screen; then only the recently added window gets updated

When you say your recently added window shows only 1 movie its weird, mine has 7 items in the list ... hmm are you sure at least that you access it correctly (by pressing 2 times "UP" on your remote or keyboard)?
we could discuss if 7 items is enough or if it they should be more numerous. In my case, 7 is enough (indeed I don't really use it, I prefer access the recent ones by main menu)

Hey,
Ok.. Let me explain this a bit clearer Smile

So we have the Recently Added "Widget" on the home screen which shows the fanart and title of a recently added movie when you highlight the "movies" menu.

If you press "UP" twice you are then greeted with 7 movies and their covers/poster (this section is fine)

My problem is that the initial widget does not cycle through the moves in my recently added list, it seems to just sit displaying 1 movie? The same movie all the time. The last most recently added movie...

For example, i jut refreshed a movie (as i added art to TMDB) now when i highlight my "movies" section and the widget appears, it shows "recently added" and the title and fanart of the movie i just refreshed, this would be ok i it then cycled through my other movies as well, but it seems to only show that 1 movie and thats it? The only way to change it is to refresh another movie.

if i refresh another movie, the same happens again, even though recently added items folder has all my movies showing, and when i press UP twice, it shows 7 movies.. the widget only hsows 1 movie and refuses to show any more movies...

It seems that the widget only shows 1 movie at a time and does not cycle through them. Which is kinda pointless surly? Laugh

- butchabay - 2011-08-23

@pat
You're right it shows only the latest added movie, i never seen cycling recently added, but i've seen more movies appearing on home, let's say the 3 latest. Look at the original cirrus 2.1 ...
The recently added stuff was ported from aeon ...
@nowall
Yes i've seen your pm just have to find time to see how it looks.

butchabay Wrote:@pat
You're right it shows only the latest added movie, i never seen cycling recently added, but i've seen more movies appearing on home, let's say the 3 latest. Look at the original cirrus 2.1 ...
The recently added stuff was ported from aeon ...
@nowall
Yes i've seen your pm just have to find time to see how it looks.

Hmm,
In that case, can we disable the initial widget, but still allow access to the menu that holds the 7 movies by pressing "up" twice?

I like the "latest movies" section and would like to access it without the main widget appearing (as it's of no use to me)

Additionally, if the "latest movies" section can somehow refresh upon startup/randomly select 7 movies from a list of 500 (or however many are set in people's recently added section) then this could actually be a fantastic little movie jukebox (as discussed previously) as it would be like a little random movie generator/suggester Nod

Is there a script edit I can do to disable the main widget from appearing on the home screen but still allowing me access to the "up-up" latest movies section?

Cheers butch..

- butchabay - 2011-08-23

The latest movie widget is like more an eyecandy and to show you the latest scraped movie. Sure you can just delete the widget. I'll pm you with the file.

- butchabay - 2011-08-24

Here some previews for the light theme horizontal home menu:

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-08-24

I've got to say it - that's looking pretty damn good Butcha!

- PatrickBateman - 2011-08-24

el_Paraguayo Wrote:I've got to say it - that's looking pretty damn good Butcha!

Agreed!

That's very beautiful indeed... I'm happy to see the framed weather make an appearance Big Grin

I think it looks great, it really suits those backgrounds too.. I have a landscape background on my cev2 as the horizontal menu really suits them.

My only question is the drop off (fade) from dark to transparent seems quite sharp/instant on the now playing menu, the top half seems dark and the bottom half transparent, is this just a hangover from the screen shot compression etc or is it as dramatic as it looks?

It looks very nice indeed though, a very modern feel.

Note:
Has the transparency changed on the last screen shot? The horizontal menu looks different/better in the last screen shot than the others? It looks more transparent? Is that an effect of the image or is that indeed more transparent?

If you look at where the "power" option is it appears far more transparent in that final screen shot than the others, and actually looks far better for it... It could be related to the particular image in the back ground, but that last shot definitely looks the best to me Nod

- N.O.W.A.L.L - 2011-08-24

I love the new light theme!

- butchabay - 2011-08-24

These are just previews, i'll have to play around and define the amount of transparency, as everything on home should be readable ... the new background bars are a kind of semi transparent shadow and have to test with more background fanarts ... just to be clear this will be only on home screen for now and it's set as an option in skin settings.
N.O.W.A.L.L and me are working on something, in direction to create different themes, but for sure not for the next update ...

- cd492 - 2011-08-24

The weather previews look pretty sweet, i´m looking forward to the next update!