Kodi Community Forum
[MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Cirrus Extended (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=133)
+----- Thread: [MOD] Cirrus Extended v2 (/showthread.php?tid=102066)

- gecko666 - 2011-09-07

Been trying out a few other skins but nothing beats this one at all. For my needs this is as close to perfection as possible. Only a couple of small things are still keeping this from coming true lol.

First off with 2.05 I've noticed that when there is no fan art set then the background is black. Now my memory might be wrong here but I thought in the last version if there was no fan art then the default background would display instead. This is only a problem for the Apple Movie Trailers Lite plugin that now is kinda dark overall with the black background.

My second peeve I'm pretty sure has to do with XBMC and not the skin itself but what the heck I will just ask here. I want to be able to disable to up arrow icon, you know the one that makes you go up 1 level, as I do not need it at all. Is this possible?

All in all thank you guys again for a job incredibly well done.

- keibertz - 2011-09-07

My second peeve I'm pretty sure has to do with XBMC and not the skin itself but what the heck I will just ask here. I want to be able to disable to up arrow icon, you know the one that makes you go up 1 level, as I do not need it at all. Is this possible?

Go to Settings -> Appearance - Setting -> File lists -> Show parent folder item = disable

And i have the black background too. I was not sure if there was a background in the folder overview bevore but after i read your post i am sure there was the background from VIDEOS bevore.

- gecko666 - 2011-09-07

keibertz Wrote:My second peeve I'm pretty sure has to do with XBMC and not the skin itself but what the heck I will just ask here. I want to be able to disable to up arrow icon, you know the one that makes you go up 1 level, as I do not need it at all. Is this possible?

Go to Settings -> Appearance - Setting -> File lists -> Show parent folder item = disable

And i have the black background too. I was not sure if there was a background in the folder overview bevore but after i read your post i am sure there was the background from VIDEOS bevore.

Thanks for that.

And forgot to mention 1 bug I found, which is when pressing down to play the trailer for a movie, if the folder the movie is in has a comma "," in it then it won't work. Choosing Trailer from the Info screen is fine though.

- butchabay - 2011-09-07

The black screen is intentional, it was made to have a smoother and nicer transition when you browse through the library, as the default video background always is visible through one fanart and the other, so that was my decision. I am thinking of a workaround for the next update, maybe i find a solution. I've tried all the recent skins out there and everyone has this very short transition that shows the default fanart on scrolling library.
It's coded in myvideonav.xml with include common videobackgrounds. Maybe i just post it the dev thread. The trailer problem was already mentioned in the dev thread, but it seems there is no workaround for that yet. Another issue in nightly builds where the trailer starts in fullscreen and not windowed.

- SamHill - 2011-09-07

Butcha....
Are we able to have the preview play full screen, without the OSD overlaying it. I either get a small preview window or full screen playing under everything else. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

- butchabay - 2011-09-07

SamHill Wrote:Butcha....
Are we able to have the preview play full screen, without the OSD overlaying it. I either get a small preview window or full screen playing under everything else. I'm sure I'm just missing something.

Not yet but are already partially done by el_paraguayo. The fullscreen playing behind the osd is selectable in skin settings --> general --> show now playing background video or something similar. Just uncheck it.

- el_Paraguayo - 2011-09-07

butchabay Wrote:Not yet but are already partially done by el_paraguayo. The fullscreen playing behind the osd is selectable in skin settings --> general --> show now playing background video or something similar. Just uncheck it.

Yes. yes.

Sorry, work and life in general have left me with very little time to complete this. I will get there!

I should never have said I'd started it then there'd be no sense of disappointment at the amount of time it's taking!!

- butchabay - 2011-09-08

@el_p
No need to feel stressed Smile It's done when it's done ...

- SamHill - 2011-09-08

el_Paraguayo Wrote:Yes. yes.

Sorry, work and life in general have left me with very little time to complete this. I will get there!

I should never have said I'd started it then there'd be no sense of disappointment at the amount of time it's taking!!

No pressure, I thought I was just missing something.

- butchabay - 2011-09-08

SamHill Wrote:No pressure, I thought I was just missing something.

Btw, if you access trailer via "i" info it will start on fullscreen. If you press "down" (fanart views) or "right" (rightlist views) it will play in the videowindow.

Important Message! - butchabay - 2011-09-09

The first step is done, svn for cirrus extended v2 is ready! Only for nightly builds at the moment.

See Here:

- keibertz - 2011-09-09

nice but how can i install the SVN Version ?
Will u make a repository for this ?

- mad-max - 2011-09-09

keibertz Wrote:nice but how can i install the SVN Version ?
Will u make a repository for this ?
There is the svn url in the first post keibertz...

- keibertz - 2011-09-09

mad-max Wrote:There is the svn url in the first post keibertz...

i know but what i have to do with this URL ?
How can i say XBMC plz download allways the newest version from there ?

For sure i can do that with other software but i dont wanna install it on my HTPC. For me a way direktly in XBMC would be perfekt. I have a lot of other SVN Versions of skins and for them i have repositorys installed in XBMC

- butchabay - 2011-09-09

keibertz Wrote:i know but what i have to do with this URL ?
How can i say XBMC plz download allways the newest version from there ?

For sure i can do that with other software but i dont wanna install it on my HTPC. For me a way direktly in XBMC would be perfekt. I have a lot of other SVN Versions of skins and for them i have repositorys installed in XBMC

Hi keibertz, no i'm not going to make downloads via xbmc untill the release is stable. You know how to use Tortoise SVN ?