Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow addon (for skin integration) (/showthread.php?tid=102703)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

- kiboy6 - 2011-08-28

Hi Ronie,

I've been having some issues running this in conjunction with ErlendSB's last.fm playlist generator script

After a few songs XBMC will hang altogether. If the slideshow addon is disabled it will never hang.

Here's a debug log of the hang. It's from a slightly older nightly, but the problem is persisting with the newest ones.

ErlendSB thought that the problem may be last.fm's api being polled too quickly in succession by the two addons. Any idea why this would make XBMC hang, or if anything can be done about it?

Thanks!

- ronie - 2011-08-28

kiboy6 Wrote:Hi Ronie,

I've been having some issues running this in conjunction with ErlendSB's last.fm playlist generator script

After a few songs XBMC will hang altogether. If the slideshow addon is disabled it will never hang.

Here's a debug log of the hang. It's from a slightly older nightly, but the problem is persisting with the newest ones.

ErlendSB thought that the problem may be last.fm's api being polled too quickly in succession by the two addons. Any idea why this would make XBMC hang, or if anything can be done about it?

Thanks!

in my experience, xbmc doesn't handle running multiple addons at the same time too well atm.

so i'll keep it at that :-)

- M. Mulder - 2011-08-30

The script works perfectly with the Aeon Nox Skin, but it won't work with the Confluence skin perfectly.

When I press TAB you are in "Now playing". If you press "I", then you see an OSD with ''all'' the information of the artist/file etc.

But that has disappeared Sad and behind the slideshow from the FAST.FM pictures I see the standard background picture (red with a guitar).

What is going on?

I use the same musicvisualisation.xml.

- ronie - 2011-08-30

M. Mulder Wrote:I use the same musicvisualisation.xml.

you mean you copied it from Aeon Nox to Confluence?
if so, that won't work.

- M. Mulder - 2011-08-30

ronie Wrote:you mean you copied it from Aeon Nox to Confluence?
if so, that won't work.

Yes, I did Nod

But that isn't the right way.
If I have the original musicvisualisation.xml do I have to copy/paste the code at page 1 of this trhread to let it work alright in Confluence?

- M. Mulder - 2011-08-30

Yes, it's working!

Thanks....Big Grin

- M. Mulder - 2011-08-30

I red this trhread and more people had the same issue that if there's no artist picture in the next song it displays the artist picture of the previous song.

I have the same issue.

How can I solve this problem?

- kiboy6 - 2011-08-30

ronie Wrote:in my experience, xbmc doesn't handle running multiple addons at the same time too well atm.

so i'll keep it at that :-)

Fair enough....I'l hope things get smoother as we approach Eden Smile

M. Mulde Wrote:if there's no artist picture in the next song it displays the artist picture of the previous song.

I have the same issue.

How can I solve this problem?

Yeah, I have the same problem (amongst others due to my slow internet connection). I think nothing can be done about it unless someone figures out a way to multithread the script....

- M. Mulder - 2011-08-30

kiboy6 Wrote:Fair enough....I'l hope things get smoother as we approach Eden Smile

Yeah, I have the same problem (amongst others due to my slow internet connection). I think nothing can be done about it unless someone figures out a way to multithread the script....

That's why multiple databases has to implemented in the script/XBMC. Take fanart.tv where you can pick up high-res fanart pictures. Seems great.

"The user can choose in XBMC which fanart/fanartsites he wants to have", will be a nice supplement.

I used Mediaportal and there Fanart is outstanding! But I wanted WASPI for my listening to .flac files and only XBMC offers this.

- Roborob - 2011-09-03

Quote:a dead horse? certainly not ;-)

i've been doing some major code refactoring over the past week,
added the option to download images from htbackdrops.com,
made sure you can properly run the script at startup as well,
and i'm currently adding to option to fetch additional artist info from last.fm
(artist bio, albums, similar artists)
...oh yeah, and store the images in addon_data.

Is this version online ?, the last verion in the repository is 1.0.0

- ronie - 2011-09-03

Roborob Wrote:Is this version online ?, the last verion in the repository is 1.0.0

nope, not yet.

- frankbos86 - 2011-09-17

Thank you for this great addon! I was using the last.fm slideshow plugin, but this is far more convenient!

I have one question though: in the last.fm slideshow plugin you could set the display picture time and pan and zoom options via the pictures settings.

These settings do not work in this addon. Is it possible to set the display picture time and pan and zoom options somewhere?

I would like to have no pan and zooming and display time of 20 seconds Smile

- ronie - 2011-09-17

frankbos86 Wrote:I would like to have no pan and zooming and display time of 20 seconds Smile

with this addon, these things are controlled by the skin.
most skins will have an option to disable the pan & zoom effects.

as for the time per image, it can only be adjusted by modding the skin.
see the example on the first post, what you need to alter is:
<timeperimage>20000</timeperimage>

- ronie - 2011-10-27

version 1.0.2 is now available in the pre-eden repo.

new feature for users:
- added option to download images from htbackdrops.com

new feature for skinners/users:
- added option to download additional artist info from last.fm
(artist albums / artist bio / similar artists)

the info will be available to the skin through these properties:
Code:
- Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography)
Artist biography from last.fm

- Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.SimilarName)
- Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.SimilarThumb)
Similar artists

- Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumName)
- Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumThumb)
Albums by the artist

- ttierno2 - 2011-10-28

Ronie,

I checked the thread for answers....but to no avail.

Does this addon work with the ATV2?