Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

Requests - BBCritical - 2011-07-19

Love the application.. I was curious if there is a possibility of adding some functionality:

1) The option to add paging on the homepage. I have a 45k + song cellection and thus it takes the homepage about a minute to load. Paging either by number or letters (ie. A-G, H-L, etc.) would help immensly.

2) Is there a way to move the data collected to your new versions or do we have to reimport all over again? Keeping in mind that Im using the windows build and know nothing about Linux.

3) Is it possible to scrape artist info from allmusic like Audio-matic does? Maybe you and compcentral can team up on this one...

Thanks for the help...

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-19

rembo10....ok so I got this working now. I have added some artists and downloaded some albums. the downloads are working fine thru sabnzbd however the songs are not showing as "have" in the homescreen or when I go to the album they dont show up on the "have". I know the albums have downloaded however the status stays as snatched.

my sabnzbd directory is /media/Expansion Drive/Sabnzbd complete/Music
and my path to music folder is the same /media/Expansion Drive/Sabnzbd complete/Music

I go to scan music library (with the directory.../media/Expansion Drive/Sabnzbd complete/Music) and then I get a bunch of other artists popping up on my home screen.

After that only one album showed as all 16/16 songs "having" them however the status still shows as snatched. Also none of the other albums shows as "having"

Version: 03851ddccf91bfd770f87e7f9035c4c893a04065

---------------------------------------------

Also some of my downloads failed so I tried to redownload them however headphones downloaded the exact same copy. Is there a way to have it search for another copy of the album and not the same one?

--------------------------------------------------

Another question is when I update via git how do I keep my current settings? I assume I have to do the below

cd /home/xbmc/headphones
git pull

I however thought this would erase my current settings. is this the case or is there another command that I need to run like git merge or something to keep my settings?

- BBCritical - 2011-07-19

I also noticed that my "haves" are not filling in on import of my existing albums....

- bean_ian - 2011-07-19

is post processing now implemented? I.e if will it rename my albums and embed the cover art in the files or put it in a folder?

- splnuts - 2011-07-19

I must be missing something here. I updated to the latest version (installed on unraid). Now it will not scan my folders. I have my location set to "/mnt/user/Music". I dont see anything in the logs that would relate to this. I am still able to add artist and the artist/albums are getting downloaded. I reinstalled Headphones and same issue. Suggestions?

- seand - 2011-07-19

Same file structure on UnRAID. Same inconsistent results on scans of what I have, lots of errors when looking at individual artists.

One thing that this program lacks which couchpotato and siickbeard both have is the ability to look at the logs go by "real time" in the browser interface which would probably help a lot of people manage their own installs while there are so many kinks in the system.

- Adeiko - 2011-07-19

splnuts Wrote:I must be missing something here. I updated to the latest version (installed on unraid). Now it will not scan my folders. I have my location set to "/mnt/user/Music". I dont see anything in the logs that would relate to this. I am still able to add artist and the artist/albums are getting downloaded. I reinstalled Headphones and same issue. Suggestions?

Same problem, do not know if doings something wrong settings the location...

I tried scanning the folder, and also importing a xml itunes playlist, nothing worked Sad

edit: Tried to add manually a group called " !!! " and come with an error, maybe it's because that? There is a way to backup your artists list right now?

- Mecusar - 2011-07-19

rembo10 Wrote:1. The Basics: Efficient Startup & Shutdown (and Restart functions), Program Organization, Threading, Database Interactions, Auto-Update Capabilities

2. MusicBrainz Searches: Clean up queries so no more duplicates, include "foreign" releases - include imports, EPs, bootlegs, the "extras"

3. Post Processing: I've gotten beets to work with Headphones, so now I can scan your music folder regardless of structure - and I will use this for tagging & file renaming as well. No more having to constantly update the Headphones artist list - it will now be done automatically.

4. jQuery, Templates, Interface Stuff

5. NZB Searching: Add more providers. Allow more custom providers. Improve search algorithm.

Basic stuff really, but I want to lay a good foundation in case anyone wants to add-on to it. I'm keeping an eye on this forum and SABnzbd forum for ideas and features, so if you want anything added, post it here or at http://github.com/rembo10/headphones

Whenever you get to the post processing stage, I would like it to notify XBMC that there is an update so it adds it to the library automatically, like SB and CP do.

- rembo10 - 2011-07-20

Hey Adeiko - you're right - it was failing on '!!!'. I've fixed it on my end and I'll have the update out in a few hours.

As for the Music Scanner - I'm going to focus on getting it working 100% on all systems. It works fine on OSX, but special characters seem to throw it off on other OSes. I'll sort it all out. Expect a fix up by tonight that will cure all your woes Big Grin

@ BBCritical - it may be a while before I can get pages. It's kind of out of my focus/league right now but post a request on github so I don't forget.

If you're using the windows .exe, I'm not sure about carrying over data. You should just be able to move your db and config file over to the new folder but i'm not 100% sure. Talk to HenryFord about that as he is compiling that.

I'm working on scraping allmusic, last.fm and metacritic (to get album scores!)

@ rflores2323: post-processing doesn't work yet so status stays at snatched, even if it downloaded, and even if you have the album. I'll fix all this. Also, the 'haves' will not be updated at soon as a download completes. You can either rescan manually or let the automated scanner do it for you (i think you can configure the interval in the config.ini)

The Music Scanner works like this: it will scan your folder/subfolders for mp3, flac, aac, ogg & ape files. Then it'll try to read the metadata. If there's an album artist, it uses that, otherwise it uses the artist. It takes the best match from a musicbrainz query, but if there are a bunch of artists with the same name, it will do an artist+album search to get the artist name.

The "bunch of other artists" might be album artists on some of your songs?

As for retrying downloads - yeah this should definitely exclude downloads you've already tried. Post a request or bug on github so I don't forget.

Doing a git pull or updating from within the app (with a git, zip or tarball install) will not override your settings or database.

It's way easier for me to answer questions on github - so I might duck out of this convo for a while. If you need help, head over to
http://github.com/rembo10/headphones

I'm honestly trying to make this as awesome as possible for everyone. It's something I really wanted, so I enjoy working on it, but I also want to make it great for you, too. So post feature requests, bugs, general grievances over at github and I'll answer everything as soon as I can.Smile

- rembo10 - 2011-07-20

Oh - and someone was asking about downloading only FLAC - that's now an option

- N3MIS15 - 2011-07-20

rembo10 Wrote:Oh - and someone was asking about downloading only FLAC - that's now an option

That's great, I have several albums that have survived my collection for about 10 years, back then I was ripping at very low bit rates because of storage restrictions. Now that I have a 20 drive unraid server, that won't be a problem Smile. My goal for headphones for the time being is to use it as a tool for upgrading my music library.

- darwin - 2011-07-20

rembo10 Wrote:Oh - and someone was asking about downloading only FLAC - that's now an option

Hah, the very first monkey patch I did was to add this feature. Awesome!

=darwin

[REQ] singels!! - Cool_bombom - 2011-07-20

hi

i would love to se support for singels aswell? would that be possible? maby make it a selective feature, so people can choose not to have that feature enabled!

cheers
cbb

- Adeiko - 2011-07-20

Thanks for the fast update Rembo!

Now !!! & Björk are working ok! Smile

Some questions/suggestions :

1) Whats the name of the database saved in your system? I want to install in another server and carry the db with me Smile

2) There is a log saved when you import albums? Do not know why it soped at the letter T, and i want to check it out to see what's the problem. also to see what artists did not find.

3) There is a way to change the status manually? like sickbeard, mark it as:

archived -> You have it already, or maybe you downloaded, did not like and deleted it.
skipped - The initial state when you add a artists.
wanted -> when some disk is added or when you mark it.
Downloaded -> When the Disk is in your library.

4) There is an option to also add EPs to the search?

Thanks for the hard work!

- rembo10 - 2011-07-20

DB file is headphones/headphones.db

and logs are headphones/logs/headphones.log

I'm adding an option to search for "Extras" for certain artists. It will get their singles, EPs, compilations, remix albums, etc. And it will be displayed under their official albums

If you can't find out why it stopped after T, post a bug on github