Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

- steve1977 - 2011-08-13

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Was looking forward to trying this out but unfortunately it failed to find any music files in my music directory. This may be due to a funny naming convention I have which includes none standard characters, but maybe someone else will know.

eta: Just renamed a couple of folders by replacing ● with - and it worked, so it would seem that is the issue. The question is do I want to reorganise 2,354 albums so that headphones works?

Is that your file name or inside the tag?

- Jasin - 2011-08-13

Having problems getting it to find an album.
Editing Artist out. As working through PM.

But when I take that search string and manually paste it in those two I get results.

- Aenima99x - 2011-08-13

rflores2323 Wrote:yes this happens to me aswell. Would be great if we could have an option/pop up that says to delete the artist unless manually added again. great idea and hope they can do something like that.

Same here....

- rembo10 - 2011-08-13

Aenima99x Wrote:Same here....

Blacklist. Coming soon.

- Loto_Bak - 2011-08-14

Wow, very impressive rembo.
This will be a godsend.
My git issue remains unresolved but I can git clone on a linux machine. I chock it up to solaris 11 and/or the old git version on the solaris packaging system (1.5.6.5)

I'm having a couple issues
The artists page shows correctly my songs

But the Album view for the same artist does not display the available tracks

Many many albums are displayed incomplete but some others are marked correctly.
Perhaps around only 50% of my albums are correctly marked complete.

I'm also noticing these in the log
Is there anyway to increase the logging level to see whats going on?
Code:
WARNING    Attempt to query MusicBrainz for Aerosmith failed:
WARNING    Attempt to query MusicBrainz for Feist failed:
WARNING    Attempt to query MusicBrainz for Kooks failed: . Sleeping 5 seconds.
this affects ~20 of my (very mainstream) artists with no obvious common thread between them.

Also I notice many of these entries (around 30)
Code:
WARNING    Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: 2386cd66-e923-4e8e-bf14-2eebe2e9b973. Sleeping 5 seconds
WARNING    Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: 299278d3-25dd-4f30-bae4-5b571c28034d. Sleeping 5 seconds
WARNING    Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: 8e68819d-71be-4e7d-b41d-f1df81b01d3f. Sleeping 5 seconds

Let me know if I can provide more info (complete log, copy of db?)

#EDIT
oh and is there a way of adding an artist? NEVERMIND Smile

- kri kri - 2011-08-14

Does the master branch or whatever the auto updater uses not get the checkmarks yet? That looks a lot different than my fully updated copy.

- Loto_Bak - 2011-08-14

Because my git client is broken on my solaris11 box I used the manual download and will manually update for the moment.
Not sure what version I'm at tbh. It was downloaded a couple hours after 'develop' was merged.

- joelones - 2011-08-14

I seem to have as an artist "None", is there some way to view what artist caused this entry into the db?

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-08-14

steve1977 Wrote:Is that your file name or inside the tag?
That's my folder name. Replacing ● with - shows that Headphones doesn't like ●

- phear - 2011-08-14

Going to get a nzb account can any one recommend one that is best for heaphones,chouch potato and sickbeard?

Thanks

- Aenima99x - 2011-08-14

phear Wrote:Going to get a nzb account can any one recommend one that is best for heaphones,chouch potato and sickbeard?

Thanks

NZB Matrix

- Dilligaf - 2011-08-15

I just deleted my database and started a fresh scan, probably a several day project due to size of library. Anyways AC/DC albums seemed to be missing several tracks, upon investigation I find all tracks that aren't found have an apostrophe (') in their title. Windows doesn't like special characters in file names and so the apostrophe is missing. Any way to ignore them eg: "it's" is interchangeable for "its"? I hope this makes sense. Thanks again for all your hard work and quick replies. As soon as I get a few extra bucks I'll (or Ill) send some your way.

Mike

- rembo10 - 2011-08-15

Dilligaf - I'm working on the way 'have tracks' are handled right now - totally redoing how it's done. Right now it's a pretty simple database call to see if there are any matches on artist/album/tracktitle. Pretty rudimentary.

in the (hopefully) next update, it'll be based on musicbrainz ids, then metadata, then filenames, with fuzzier matching to strip out special characters, etc.

- PatrickVogeli - 2011-08-15

I assume that, for headphones to work, I need an nzbmatrix account, right? Because nzbs.org doesn't accept new registration and the other one is closed (don't remember the name, I tried a month ago).

I'm right now debating wether to get 2 months Giganews at $17 per month and nzbmatrix account.. I want to get some lossless audio which I now have in mp3.. I assume headphones will do that right, eh?

Cheers!

- HenryFord - 2011-08-15

jip - that is right, nzbs.org is closed up and currently you would need a nzbmatrix-account. Headphones is capable of downloading losless as well.