Kodi Community Forum
Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Headphones - Music albums & artists auto download program (/showthread.php?tid=103688)

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - Masamushia - 2012-03-23

(2012-03-22, 16:17)HenryFord Wrote: You should probably try to switch the mirror.
However - I just found out that the mirror-system is really eating away my VPS' resources thus I decided to shut it down for now. Maybe at some point I'll can bring it back up with nginx, but I think the real culprit here is postgres.
Since this is my private VPS I will shut down the mirror for now, so expect to see errors in headphones, sorry for this inconvenience.

However - a better server would probably help this, but I would suggest that you choose rembo10's server for donations to accomplish this.

I see, thank you very much for the response. How would I go about opening headphones on windows 7 without your exe then? I know absolutely nothing about python and how to run it. A few google searches did nothing but confuse me even further on the matter, haha.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - kri kri - 2012-03-24

Install python, download headphones. Double click headphones.py

Re: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - rflores2323 - 2012-03-24

How would u get this to start on boot? Create shortcut of py file and place in start up?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - jakks - 2012-03-24

(2012-03-24, 07:58)rflores2323 Wrote: How would u get this to start on boot? Create shortcut of py file and place in start up?

Exactly what I have done just make sure you have the Launch Browser on Startup ticked within the settings of headphones itself

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - tssgery - 2012-03-25

For anyone looking to setup a Musicbrainz mirror...

I just did this myself and created a full installable ISO image based upon Turnkey Linux (which is in turn Ubuntu based). You should be able to download the iso image and install to either physical hardware or onto any virtualization hypervisor (VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, etc), then run one script and you'll be done.

The ISO image can be found at www.aceshome.com. Here are the steps necessary:
- Download the ISO and install it somewhere
- Run the /root/setup_musicbrainz script which will download and import the latest database exports. This script may take several hours to run.

I just did this yesterday but the machine seem to be running quite well so far.

BTW, I have also build a similar installable system that includes HeadPhones, CouchPotato, Sickbeard, and SabNZBd if you're interested. That is also available on my website.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - PogMoThoin - 2012-03-25

Headphones is not working for me any longer, I tried a reinstall from scratch keeping my config but it's still not working. No artists are being found on Musicbrainz. Here's the log errors, anyone have any ideas

Timestamp Level Message
2012-03-25 21:28:07 WARNING Error fetching artist info. ID: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12
2012-03-25 21:28:02 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:57 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:52 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:47 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:42 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:26:23 INFO Starting Headphones on port: 8181
2012-03-25 21:26:21 INFO Checking to see if the database has all tables....

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - tssgery - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-25, 22:35)PogMoThoin Wrote: Headphones is not working for me any longer, I tried a reinstall from scratch keeping my config but it's still not working. No artists are being found on Musicbrainz. Here's the log errors, anyone have any ideas

Timestamp Level Message
2012-03-25 21:28:07 WARNING Error fetching artist info. ID: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12
2012-03-25 21:28:02 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:57 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:52 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:47 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:27:42 WARNING Attempt to retrieve artist information from MusicBrainz failed for artistid: a1684a49-feaa-4150-b758-d9412fc59f12 (HTTP Error 401: Unauthorized)
2012-03-25 21:26:23 INFO Starting Headphones on port: 8181
2012-03-25 21:26:21 INFO Checking to see if the database has all tables....

You're getting an authorization error. I suspect you are trying to access the private [for donation] MusicBrainz server. I don't know if there is a publicly accessible one anymore. Here is the details rembo10 posted a few pages back:

(2012-03-14, 11:32)rembo10 Wrote:
(2012-03-13, 22:55)misterpink Wrote: Any updated info on which MB server everyone is using - I'm having problems on any of the available choices in the latest HP and can't add artists to save my life. Is there a for-donation private server up yet people are using?

My server is going private. Here is more info:
http://headphones.codeshy.com/

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - PogMoThoin - 2012-03-26

Thanks for that.

Is there no other music database? Are there any other options? I'm not willing to donate at the moment, besides being broke, I found Headphones to be buggy and unfinished. I didn't use it much anyway.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - nordberg - 2012-03-26

Anyone using Rembo10's mirror - can you let us know how it's going? I'm happy to donate as long as I know it's going to be worth it...

Thanks!

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - jdoggvt - 2012-03-26

(2012-03-25, 22:12)tssgery Wrote: For anyone looking to setup a Musicbrainz mirror...

I just did this myself and created a full installable ISO image based upon Turnkey Linux (which is in turn Ubuntu based). You should be able to download the iso image and install to either physical hardware or onto any virtualization hypervisor (VMware ESXi, Hyper-V, etc), then run one script and you'll be done.

- Run the /root/setup_musicbrainz script which will download and import the latest database exports. This script may take several hours to run.

BTW, I have also build a similar installable system that includes HeadPhones, CouchPotato, Sickbeard, and SabNZBd if you're interested. That is also available on my website.

This is awesome! I just started setup_musicbrainz in VirtualBox but had a few questions since I don't know a lot about VMs or linux

- What size virtual hdd would you recommend? I initially did 8GB but I think it failed due to insufficient space. I did get the mirror page to start up but of course it couldn't find any artists
- there's a patch file on your website, do I need to do something with that and if so what/how?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - reksveks - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-26, 14:11)nordberg Wrote: Anyone using Rembo10's mirror - can you let us know how it's going? I'm happy to donate as long as I know it's going to be worth it...

Thanks!

A lot better for me, but I did update headphones today as soon as donating

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - tssgery - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-26, 23:27)jdoggvt Wrote:
(2012-03-25, 22:12)tssgery Wrote: For anyone looking to setup a Musicbrainz mirror...

This is awesome! I just started setup_musicbrainz in VirtualBox but had a few questions since I don't know a lot about VMs or linux

- What size virtual hdd would you recommend? I initially did 8GB but I think it failed due to insufficient space. I did get the mirror page to start up but of course it couldn't find any artists
- there's a patch file on your website, do I need to do something with that and if so what/how?

I am glad it'll help at least one person!

Excellent questions, and some that I should have mentioned in my original post.

For the virtual hdd, I think I specified 80GB when installing mine but have no idea what I really needed. I'm not around my machine to check what I actually used though but will try and remember to check in the next couple of days and post back.

For the patch file, no... you do not need that. The patch file is only for people who want to patch an existing turnkey linux core machine into a musicbrainz server (I would be that is no-one here).

Lastly, for everyone... after I setup my copy of this I have not checked to see if replication is running. I'll check that when I return home and post back instructions if that needs to be done manually.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - pipermac - 2012-03-27

Is the only way to get this to work properly by donating for the private server?

How are we supposed to evaluate it to know if it is even worth donating?

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - HenryFord - 2012-03-27

(2012-03-26, 14:11)nordberg Wrote: Anyone using Rembo10's mirror - can you let us know how it's going? I'm happy to donate as long as I know it's going to be worth it...
The mirror setup by rembo is really fast and stable, definetly a recommendation from my side!

So, I finally came around to rebuild my windows-binary-build-script, the new exe is thus available Smile
By the way: I finally came around to modify the setup file, so everything should now look a lot cleaner, because the library files now reside in "lib" where they belong. I disabled the library.zip altogether, by the way.
If you want to take advantage of that: Just delete everything you have currently in your headphones folder except for the "db"-file and "ini"-file, then extract the zipfile to the directory.
Maybe I have a little bit time tonight and finally can figure out how to build with py2exe in my linux-box since that would enable me to fully automate the updater, you would then be able to find an updatet version every 6 hours or so (of course - if there aren't any updates, now new version will be out - you can always check the current git-commit vs. my version via http://tbueter.com/tools/version.txt - this file will always represent the commit-SHA I built)

Since I also let optimization run this time around, the final zip is only 9MB in size, instead of the previous >15MB.

I am currently also working on including automatic updates for the windows version into headphones, I'm relatively far - just replacing the *.exe file is a hard step since it is in use when I try to replace it...and that is were I'm stuck currently. But I'm fairly certain that I will be able to do this at some point.

@pipermac: No, you could setup your own local server, that would also bring it to work.
I... really do not know what you want to evaluate with the private server, though? It works, it's fast, it's stable, it does everything musicbrainz does... I really do not know what you're after.

Edit:
Or do you want to evaluate headphones? That makes actually more sense to me, when I read your post again Big Grin
However - I think you can still go for the official musicbrainz-server, but it is slow since headphones waits inbetween requests. Another thing is that the mb-server will at some point refuse to accept your connection. The private server on the other side is setup by rembo10 and it is financed by him as well. If you let it open, the request might be too much too handle. With a private- and donate-only server you can just buy some new additional hardware if it ever gets really slow. So... I think it is really, really hard to provide you with an alternative other then installing your own mb-server.

RE: Headphones - Music albums & artists NZB auto download program - pipermac - 2012-03-27

ye I was reffering to headphones. Using the offical server simply doesn't work. I add a musician and I get maybe one or two albums showing up Sad