Kodi Community Forum
Introducing my HP Microserver N36L / N40L / N54L using WHS2011 + XBMC - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Hardware (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: Introducing my HP Microserver N36L / N40L / N54L using WHS2011 + XBMC (/showthread.php?tid=104372)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-21

QLink Wrote:nope, the cheapest would be the HD5450 but not that much.

i would recommend you to buy a HD6450 cause of following facts:

- it runs a bit cooler
- got a hdmi 1.4a port -> HD5450 got only a hdmi 1.3
- a bit more powerful
- supports UVD3/MVC -> HD5450 supports only UVD2

Thanks for that I had pretty much decided on one, should almost brake even after I've sold my Nvidia one.

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-24

Anything I need to tweak once its installed?

- QLink - 2011-09-26

QLink Wrote:best thing you can do is turning off all these options in catalyst control center like smooth video playback and so on...

Wink

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-27

I ended up getting the XFX version, hmm the passive cooler is pretty big going to try and fit it tonight.

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-27

Well it fit no problem, I downloaded the latest catalyst drivers really was easy to setup.

The picture quality is ten times better than the geforce210, no stuttering, its just awesome as! Not had chance to push it as yet but do far I am well impressed. Nvidia can bog off and my card is now on ebay!

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-28

Well it was going great, I stuck Tron on last night skipped a bit and let it run, I encountered some stuttering/freezing. only lasted 5 seconds or so, and no where near how bad it was with the Nvidia.

Will update if it happens again.

- BEKO86 - 2011-09-30

QLink Wrote:yeah i also guess it's a graphics driver related problem.

i dont have any problems with my HD6450 using catalyst 11.5...

I definitely still have an issue, happens randomly between 15-30 minutes, an anyfile type. My next port of call is going to be a re-install of xbmc.

- cable_guy - 2011-10-02

what graphics card do ppl with a microserver recommend for plug and play with xbmclive please?

- BEKO86 - 2011-10-02

cable_guy Wrote:what graphics card do ppl with a microserver recommend for plug and play with xbmclive please?

Linux = Nvidia.

Although I didn't like either linux or Nvidia with mine.

- cable_guy - 2011-10-02

thought it was nvidia,any tips on the best or will any modern one with hdmi out do 1080p?

why didn't you like either mate?

- cable_guy - 2011-10-02

cable_guy Wrote:what graphics card do ppl with a microserver recommend for plug and play with xbmclive please?
Do you reckon this looks ok? http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004XG8LGC/ref=asc_df_B004XG8LGC4649462?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B004XG8LGC

- g725s - 2011-10-03

QLink Wrote:graphic: idle 48°C/ max load 69°C

Is this not a bit high at max load?

- QLink - 2011-10-03

the max temps for todays graphics cards is ~100°C, so i will start worrying when mine reaches 90+°C, which will never happen under normal conditions.

i'm fine with my temperatures, if it's too high for you, maybe you shouldn't take a passive card...Wink

- eskro - 2011-10-03

max load 69°C here too!
no problem,,,

- QLink - 2011-10-05

got mail today fyi:

"
Drive Bender release candidate 1 has just been launched. This is a milestone event as it represents the end of the beta program.
First and foremost, a big thanks to all those that have been involved with Drive Bender’s development. Without the efforts of all concerned, development of a product such as this would not be possible.
Here are the release notes for RC1
Release v1.2.0.0 release candidate 1 (2011-10-04)
- Update: New user interface for both the Windows and WHS clients.
- Bug fix: Balancing operations could create a locking issue if there was a file / folder rename or delete request.
- Update: All drives are now checked at start up and an alert is raised if there is one or more drives missing from the pool.
- Update: Drive letter management is now fully implemented (this automatically removes and adds drive letters to drives added and removed from the pool).
- Update: Improvements to adding, removing and merging of drives.
- Bug fix: Improved duplication when enabled on existing folder.
- Update: Orphaned Drive Bender temp files are now cleaned up.
- Bug fix: Logging no longer stops when there are a large number of entries.
- Bug fix: Installation of blank license key is no longer allowed.
- Known issue: Documentation was omitted from this release due to time constraints. This will be supplied in RC2.
- Known issue: The unmanaged pool mode is disabled. Because of the "feature freeze" for RC1, this is still incomplete.
Finally as promised, we have started the Drive Bender pre-release sale for those users that are members of the beta program. This sale will run until the final release date of Drive Bender, at which time the discounted pricing will end. The pre-release sale price is only $20 USD… so you need to be quick. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, head to the download page (http://www.drivebender.com/beta-download/) and click on the link provided.
"

Given the stability we have seen with v1.1.8.8, we are expecting RC1 to be much of the same, and if all goes to plan, we should see a final release within a short period.