Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - s0apscum - 2012-04-15

Hi there,

I can't seem to get this working. It gives me a script error when i try to choose the game.

I've posted my xbmc.log file here: http://pastebin.com/T0S7Dt9u

I doubled checked the username and password. It seemed pretty straight forward to setup so i don't think i made any mistakes. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks for your hard work.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-15

Hi, I'm not sure why, but your using an outdated version. The latest dharma is 0.0.8 -> http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/dharma/plugin.video.mlbmc/plugin.video.mlbmc-0.0.8.zip

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - s0apscum - 2012-04-15

thanks, it works!

I just installed it before by selecting it as an available plugin from the xbmc list.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-15

(2012-04-15, 03:28)s0apscum Wrote: thanks, it works!

I just installed it before by selecting it as an available plugin from the xbmc list.

Smile Maybe you should enable auto-update. There will be some updates soon.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - luger - 2012-04-15

For those that are having trouble loading games, I'd try going into the Configuration and clicking on Defaults. I had my resolutions set differently for whatever reason (maybe carrying over from last year or something) and that was preventing me from loading anything.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jay123035 - 2012-04-18

is there any chance of getting next def on a windows 7 install?

is there any chance/way to get a pitch tracker on screen?

is there chance/way to make it start from the beginning of games in progress (dont want to see the score when i start a game late)?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-19

(2012-04-18, 20:19)jay123035 Wrote: is there any chance of getting next def on a windows 7 install?

is there any chance/way to get a pitch tracker on screen?

is there chance/way to make it start from the beginning of games in progress (dont want to see the score when i start a game late)?

1) As you may know, we use an external HLS client to get the HD streams on linux. The only problem is compiling the HLS client for windows. I think it should be doable, but my attempts have failed.

2) Not likely Confused, if there is somewhere to get the data from, it may be possible to do something with notifications(somewhat limited with a plugin type add-on).

3) With the HLS version, yes. I'm looking into the the regular streams, so maybe but not at the moment.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - StinDaWg - 2012-04-20

I've been having some problems the past few days with the free game of the day. The free game of the day 2 days ago was the Yankees, but when I go to the app it doesn't list it as free. If I click on it then it says not authorized, which makes no sense because I could watch it fine on my browser. Tonight, the free game is the Indians, but in the app it says the free game is both the Indians AND San Diego vs. Phili, which is not correct.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-20

Hmm, seems I may need to work on my date code Confused

Do you get the same results if you type the date in manually Huh I'm thinking it's likely the time zone offset. For me the Yankees game was on the 16th, Tomorrow's free game is Phili @ San Diego.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - StinDaWg - 2012-04-20

It seems it updated itself and now shows the Indians game as free and I am currently watching it. But I know the other night (I guess it probably was the 16th) I was watching the free Yankees game in Chrome but it wouldn't let me watch it in xbmc because it didn't have the free game marking next to it and it said not authorized. Tomorrows free game does show Phili @ SD currently.

I know the HD stream doesn't work yet in xbmc but I have NexDef installed on my pc and I haven't got a 720p stream yet this season watching in Chrome. The quality setting in the browser shows full bars and the top slider is marked to NexDef, but the stream is only 540p, same as what I'm getting in xbmc. I have a 20 mbps connection so I don't know why I'm not getting the HD stream. Is it working for everyone else?

Also, I have a question about this xbmc app. I have it set to the highest quality but sometimes I will have buffering issues or it will completely kick me off the stream and I will have to click on it again to reconnect. As I said before, I have a fast connection so I'm assuming this is happening because of MLB.tv servers? I know they use adaptive bitrate streaming and the same thing happens with the ESPN addon I get kicked off occasionally even though I have sufficient bandwidth. It's almost like they don't want to keep you on the highest quality for an especially long time. And since the quality doesn't dynamically switch in xbmc you just get kicked off instead. Does this ever happen to you guys?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-20

(2012-04-20, 05:27)StinDaWg Wrote: It seems it updated itself and now shows the Indians game as free and I am currently watching it. But I know the other night (I guess it probably was the 16th) I was watching the free Yankees game in Chrome but it wouldn't let me watch it in xbmc because it didn't have the free game marking next to it and it said not authorized. Tomorrows free game does show Phili @ SD currently.

Yeah, the last update addressed some issues with the game listings. Let me know If you have anymore weirdness.

(2012-04-20, 05:27)StinDaWg Wrote: I know the HD stream doesn't work yet in xbmc but I have NexDef installed on my pc and I haven't got a 720p stream yet this season watching in Chrome. The quality setting in the browser shows full bars and the top slider is marked to NexDef, but the stream is only 540p, same as what I'm getting in xbmc. I have a 20 mbps connection so I don't know why I'm not getting the HD stream. Is it working for everyone else?

Also, I have a question about this xbmc app. I have it set to the highest quality but sometimes I will have buffering issues or it will completely kick me off the stream and I will have to click on it again to reconnect. As I said before, I have a fast connection so I'm assuming this is happening because of MLB.tv servers? I know they use adaptive bitrate streaming and the same thing happens with the ESPN addon I get kicked off occasionally even though I have sufficient bandwidth. It's almost like they don't want to keep you on the highest quality for an especially long time. And since the quality doesn't dynamically switch in xbmc you just get kicked off instead. Does this ever happen to you guys?

I definitely know what you mean with the ESPN add-on. I don't think I've experienced the same with this add-on. Yes sometimes streams do drop for me but it doesn't seem* bandwidth related. Do you think lowering the bitrate/quality add-on setting improves stability? The little bit I've used the flash player in a browser, I also had some drops.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - NickSoapdish - 2012-04-20

(2012-03-19, 14:33)divingmule Wrote:
(2012-03-17, 14:10)divingmule Wrote: Sorry Andro, that was a mod that we did last year and is now outdated. I've just about got a new version ready to test but it's been sort of unstable for me so far.

This depends on the external HLS client, to my knowledge no one has been able to get the client to work with openElec.

Try the latest version from post #114. This year there are now 2.4 Mb streams, not quite HD but have seemed pretty nice to me.

Actually, after refreshing my memory Blush It wasn't a problem with the client but a problem with early Eden builds. So it may be worth a try when updated.

Any one tried out the HD streaming on openElec? I'm just starting to use openElec with a beta Eden build and am really liking it so far. If I could get the MLB games in full HD it would be fantastic!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2012-04-20

The HLS client needs libconfig, which is not installed in openelec. I have tried looking for help in the Openelec forums but have gotten no response.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - PeteyNice - 2012-04-21

Never mind. For some reason it wouldn't update from 1.0.1 until I uninstalled and re-installed. Now everything works great!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2012-04-21

(2012-04-20, 21:27)sdsnyr94 Wrote: The HLS client needs libconfig, which is not installed in openelec. I have tried looking for help in the Openelec forums but have gotten no response.

Have you tried to build and install from source? http://libconfig.sourcearchive.com/downloads/1.3.2-2/libconfig_1.3.2.orig.tar.gz