Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-16

(2013-04-16, 00:57)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 23:32)jayman13 Wrote:
(2013-04-15, 15:48)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Jayman13 - I forgot to post yesterday, but after you posted about having the issue again, I checked on my end and I had no problems.

Was it mlb hls?

Yes, it was mlbhls.

You think it has something to do with my mlbhls executable? I'm using xbmcUbuntu but I thought I had the same problem on the Rpi. I remember there was an error when I compiled it but didn't pay much notice because it seemed to be working...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - allroy1975 - 2013-04-16

I went out of town last week and everything was working. While I was gone we had some brutal storms come through, we lost power and everything...when I came back ...MLB.tv isn't working on my XBIAN R-Pi anymore. Sad

I can get to the Date screen "April 15, 2013 - Monday" but when I click on that I get
Error:
Script Failed! plugin.video.mlb

I tried rolling back to 2.0.0...no go.

I'm not terribly good at linux ......suggestions?

OMG, i'm an idiot, this actually had to do with a service I use ...as soon as I went to mlb.tv on my computer it redirected me somewhere to fix the problem....

now I'm getting cookie errors. gotta figure out how to delete the cache. Smile

nevermind..forget I said anything.....lol, re-entered my creds, re-authenticated with my....."workaround". all is good. Smile

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - mrr2k2 - 2013-04-16

So what are the odds we could make an option to start a LIVE game from the start of the game instead of the current live position? We frequently will catch a game ~30-45 minutes in so we can watch it without commericals - right now I can't find a way to do that with the XBMC menus (but mlbviewer.py and mlb-hls support it behind the scenes)

I'd be willing to donate to XBMC or this project for this feature, this plugin makes my MLB viewing experience leaps and bounds better than anything else!

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-17

I can't verify that it's working at the moment but this is supported in the HLS version of the add-on. There is an add-on setting "start games from the beginning". Also via the context menu when in the directory where you chose coverage type, you can get the start time of each inning.

The problem with skipping commercials, if using file-in/file-out seeking doesn't work Confused you can pause but not seek, if not using file-in/file-out you can seek past the end of file and the player will stop.

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-18

@divingmule- I have a theory that my problem occurs only when games are postponed. Not sure, but it appears that all games after the first postponed one are not accessible for me anyway on HLS...

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-18, 01:49)jayman13 Wrote: @divingmule- I have a theory that my problem occurs only when games are postponed. Not sure, but it appears that all games after the first postponed one are not accessible for me anyway on HLS...

Hmm... answer is in the logs Wink

[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - jayman13 - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-18, 12:54)divingmule Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 01:49)jayman13 Wrote: @divingmule- I have a theory that my problem occurs only when games are postponed. Not sure, but it appears that all games after the first postponed one are not accessible for me anyway on HLS...

Hmm... answer is in the logs ;)

I've posted two of them above. Am I not posting the right thing?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - divingmule - 2013-04-18

Needs testing -> MLBMC(HLS) - 0.0.8

This brings the hls add-on up to date with the official add-on. There's a new add-on setting to look-up inning start times, when enabled if there are inning start times you'll get another select dialog.

I haven't done anything with the openelec mlbhls executable, mainly because I haven't been able to find a good way to determine the version from python. So if your using 3.0 you'll need to replace the file yourself for now.

(2013-04-18, 13:02)jayman13 Wrote:
(2013-04-18, 12:54)divingmule Wrote:

Hmm... answer is in the logs Wink

I've posted two of them above. Am I not posting the right thing?

Hmm... well the log you posted on the 14th says you where blackedout Confused

Help me out though, reading logs is hard. Smile If you would restart xbmc, reproduce the issue, then grab the log.

I will the next time it happens. Thanks.

By the way, it also happens on my raspberry pi.. I looked at the log myself and it appears nothing really is happening for those games where there are no options listed. It's not even trying to get the website.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-18

(2013-04-18, 13:12)divingmule Wrote: Needs testing -> MLBMC(HLS) - 0.0.8

This brings the hls add-on up to date with the official add-on. There's a new add-on setting to look-up inning start times, when enabled if there are inning start times you'll get another select dialog.

I haven't done anything with the openelec mlbhls executable, mainly because I haven't been able to find a good way to determine the version from python. So if your using 3.0 you'll need to replace the file yourself for now.

Thanks... I will give this a run tonight.

Quick question for you. The past couple of times I have used the add-on (HLS), I have had the video drop out and go back to the menu where you select the feed. Unlike times in the past, this was after only a couple of minutes (I remember a discussion last year regarding that there may have been a file size limit we were hitting), and I had the add-on buffering for 60 seconds hoping to build a big enough buffer to keep this from happening.

Is there any way that you can have the add-on detect if the video was dropped from a file/network error and auto-restart the playback? I would think (not knowing python) that you should be able to tell the difference between a dropped feed and a clean exit, pop up a message that says 'network error - restarting', and then restart the feed.

Do you think it's possible?

Hmm.. the thing is, once we tell the player to play, there's not a lot we can do. We can check to see if the player is playing or not, this is how we tell mlbhls to stop if the stream hasn't ended. I'm not sure if there is a reliable way to tell if the player was stopped by the user or if it stopped for some other reason. Huh There are supposedly some call-backs for onPlaybackStopped and onPlaybackEnded that we might experiment with if your willing to test Smile

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2013-04-18

I'm sure I am not alone when I say I am willing to test anything that would help.

Another issue would be - if you can restart the playback, and the feed drops 4-5 times in a short period, are we subjecting ourselves to a lockout... or could you restart it without a logon event?

Yeah, that is something else I plan on experiment with, caching the resolved url.

One other thing... if you have time in the future. Any chance of adding the team logos to the game listings? The NHL GameCenter add-on added this, and it looked fantastic.

This site has the logos: http://www.stevetheump.com/majorlogos.htm

Not sure if you would need to request permission to use them though.