Kodi Community Forum
[Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Video Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154)
+---- Thread: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on (/showthread.php?tid=104391)

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Yuioup - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-21, 00:28)340rag Wrote: This is frustrating,Does anyone know of another way to watch MLB in HDHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh?

Get an MLB.TV subscription.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Yuioup - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-16, 09:21)brockftw Wrote: didn't get to check during a live game but the archived game works great! only problem i see now is that when i click any condenced game it just plays the same one over (KC and whoever they played, lol)

Hi brockftw,

I just came across this issue this morning. You're right: It always plays the first one.

I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Y

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - fuggin - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-20, 14:57)rbrohman Wrote: Is the HLS version still working for you? What version of that are you using? Did you have to do anything special to get it going? What OS are you on?

Thanks
Yes, HLS works fine here. I compiled mlbhls from the source that came with version 0.1.51 of the mlbmc(mlb-hls) add-on. (zip is mislabelled 1.0.51 if I recall)
I had to point the add-on to the binary location in settings. OS is per sig.

(2015-04-21, 09:52)fuggin Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 14:57)rbrohman Wrote: Is the HLS version still working for you? What version of that are you using? Did you have to do anything special to get it going? What OS are you on?

Thanks
Yes, HLS works fine here. I compiled mlbhls from the source that came with version 0.1.51 of the mlbmc(mlb-hls) add-on. (zip is mislabelled 1.0.51 if I recall)

Cool! Should I try to add this version to GitHub as well?

(2015-04-21, 07:40)Yuioup Wrote:
(2015-04-16, 09:21)brockftw Wrote: didn't get to check during a live game but the archived game works great! only problem i see now is that when i click any condenced game it just plays the same one over (KC and whoever they played, lol)

Hi brockftw,

I just came across this issue this morning. You're right: It always plays the first one.

I'll fix it as soon as I can.

Y

I looked into this. It turns out that MLB does not publish condensed games for every game played. If the plugin can't find the condensed game it picks another one (I guess the first in the list).

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - fuggin - 2015-04-21

(2015-04-21, 09:53)Yuioup Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 09:52)fuggin Wrote:

Thanks

It works here on Gotham final. (I'm not upgrading anytime soon)
I think it would be a good idea if someone using Helix tested before adding to Github.

(2015-04-21, 10:07)fuggin Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 09:53)Yuioup Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 09:52)fuggin Wrote: Yes, HLS works fine here. I compiled mlbhls from the source that came with version 0.1.51 of the mlbmc(mlb-hls) add-on. (zip is mislabelled 1.0.51 if I recall)

It works here on Gotham final. (I'm not upgrading anytime soon)
I think it would be a good idea if someone using Helix tested before adding to Github.

I'll give it a shot. Can you tell me where you found your version? I'll test it.

Post #713 of this thread:
https://mlbmc-xbmc.googlecode.com/files/plugin.video.mlbmc.hls-1.0.51.zip

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - bunglebungle - 2015-04-21

I did some diffs of the code the other night and the hls version isn't very different at all. It's mainly a section to find the HLS url, and also a new screen to pick the half-inning to start on (which is great). All the code was pretty much in a few blocks (not bits here and there), so it should be pretty easy to merge that functionality in. I was going to start on it when I had time but if you can go right ahead. I also added a logout option to the top menu that I was using when jumping between this addon and Chrome for testing. I don't know if that's generally useful or not, but it helped prevent the "too many logins" issue when I was jumping between this and Chrome.

(I was testing Chrome because originally I couldn't get the HLS version to work. But I found out Chrome on Linux does not support 720p nor live DVR, either. I don't know if it's just OS detection code leftover from the NexDef days of if Linux Flash is missing something that Windows 7+ has [XP has no support, either]. Now that I know the HLS version of this addon works I don't care as much about getting Linux+Chrome to work, but I did raise a stink on MLB's forums that they should support it.)

(2015-04-21, 21:30)bunglebungle Wrote: I did some diffs of the code the other night and the hls version isn't very different at all. It's mainly a section to find the HLS url, and also a new screen to pick the half-inning to start on (which is great). All the code was pretty much in a few blocks (not bits here and there), so it should be pretty easy to merge that functionality in. I was going to start on it when I had time but if you can go right ahead. I also added a logout option to the top menu that I was using when jumping between this addon and Chrome for testing. I don't know if that's generally useful or not, but it helped prevent the "too many logins" issue when I was jumping between this and Chrome.

(I was testing Chrome because originally I couldn't get the HLS version to work. But I found out Chrome on Linux does not support 720p nor live DVR, either. I don't know if it's just OS detection code leftover from the NexDef days of if Linux Flash is missing something that Windows 7+ has [XP has no support, either]. Now that I know the HLS version of this addon works I don't care as much about getting Linux+Chrome to work, but I did raise a stink on MLB's forums that they should support it.)

A log out function is exactly what I had in mind. Also I intend to integrate the HLS version into my version.

Maybe you should fork the Github project and submit a pull request?

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - bunglebungle - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-21, 22:09)Yuioup Wrote: Maybe you should fork the Github project and submit a pull request?

Yes, eventually. I am a professional developer but do not know Git very well yet, so this will be a bit of a learning experience. The logout code came mainly from MLBViewer, which is where most of the original code came from in my understanding.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - Yuioup - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 00:13)bunglebungle Wrote:
(2015-04-21, 22:09)Yuioup Wrote: Maybe you should fork the Github project and submit a pull request?

Yes, eventually. I am a professional developer but do not know Git very well yet, so this will be a bit of a learning experience. The logout code came mainly from MLBViewer, which is where most of the original code came from in my understanding.

As a fellow professional developer I highly recommend Git ;-)

Ok good to know about MLBViewer. I think I'll start integrating code when I have time. On my personal TODO list I have HLS Integration and the Logout button. I'll start looking around for code to integrate.

The inning selection screen sounds good too.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - ridicule80 - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-20, 12:54)sdsnyr94 Wrote:
(2015-04-20, 11:06)ridicule80 Wrote:
(2015-04-18, 03:08)sdsnyr94 Wrote: Trying to watch a live game and I'm getting

Code:
21:06:11 T:1351611424  NOTICE: [MLBMC-2.0.75]: Reason: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)

Anyone else having issues?

I have the same issue. Highlights etc do work.
I use OSMC RC2 (on RPI2).
Will try if the issue also shows on OpenElec or can somebody confirm that it is working on OpenElec?

I was using OSMC also.. installed Openelec and all is good. Looks like an OSMC issue.

True - I can confirm. I switched to Openelec and am using the 'old' version (2.0.7).
2.0.75 gives a dependencies error when trying to install on Openelec.
Do have a / the buffer issue every now and then now.

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - sdsnyr94 - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-21, 21:30)bunglebungle Wrote: I did some diffs of the code the other night and the hls version isn't very different at all. It's mainly a section to find the HLS url, and also a new screen to pick the half-inning to start on (which is great). All the code was pretty much in a few blocks (not bits here and there), so it should be pretty easy to merge that functionality in. I was going to start on it when I had time but if you can go right ahead. I also added a logout option to the top menu that I was using when jumping between this addon and Chrome for testing. I don't know if that's generally useful or not, but it helped prevent the "too many logins" issue when I was jumping between this and Chrome.

As a user of this add-on from day one, I may be able to shed some light on a couple of things. There were 2 different versions of the add-on because the HLS version required the binary add-on to acquire the HD feeds, and an add-on like that could not be added to the official XBMC repository (Because of the binary add-on, and it's not platform agnostic). The version most of us are currently using 2.0.7x was the last non-HLS version that was in the official repository.

The mlb-hls file that was/is used has not been updated for a couple of years and originally only worked on Linux, however there have been some modifications to make it compatible on Windows and the Raspberry Pi. The mlb-hls file would retrieve the feed and store the file in a temp directory (location of temp directory was changeable in the settings), and MLBMC would play from that file. There were a couple of issues with this approach... the first being if you are on a device with limited storage space. I had an ION PC running Openelec installed on a 4GB USB drive and while watching a game it would crash about half-way due to running out of storage space, and that's when DivingMule added the option to redirect the temp folder to send the file to another location (network, another usb, etc..) which helped a bit. The second issue is the bigger issue. It appears that mlb-hls was/is not very tolerant to network issues, and a brief hiccup is enough to stop the file from building... causing playback to halt.

If you are going to merge the code, will you still be needing to use the mlb-hls, or do you have another solution to retrieve and play the HLS feeds? I'm hoping the latter since it would make it platform agnostic, and should avoid the issues I mentioned. Also, is there a better way to handle the log in? It appears that each time I switch games it performs a log in, making it easy to lock the account. I know you mentioned a log out button but I do not see how it will avoid this issue because it seems to be the number of login attempts in a short time.... not the number of concurrent logins.

You also mentioned about the Live DVR function... in which the only feature we had was just the ability to select the innings. Rewinding or fast forwarding really did not work as you were only limited to the data that you had stored in the temp directory. If you set to buffer to 30 seconds before beginning playback, it gave you a little wiggle room, but really nothing to write home about. I have mentioned it here before, Timewasted's NHL add-on did a fantastic job of creating the Live DVR... I could watch a game from the start at any time, and easily skip the commercials and intermissions.

Thanks.

Also, here is the link to the original mlb-hls if needed : https://code.google.com/p/mlbtv-hls-nexdef/

RE: [Release] MLBMC - a Major League Baseball (video) add-on - bunglebungle - 2015-04-22

(2015-04-22, 16:23)sdsnyr94 Wrote: As a user of this add-on from day one, I may be able to shed some light on a couple of things. There were 2 different versions of the add-on because the HLS version required the binary add-on to acquire the HD feeds, and an add-on like that could not be added to the official XBMC repository (Because of the binary add-on, and it's not platform agnostic). The version most of us are currently using 2.0.7x was the last non-HLS version that was in the official repository.

The HLS version of the plugin has an option to turn it off. If the default is off one that cannot or does not want the HLS binary can just never set it up and it will work without it. I don't know if that would satisify the repository requirements or not. The defaults would be platform-agnostic.

(2015-04-22, 16:23)sdsnyr94 Wrote: The mlb-hls file that was/is used has not been updated for a couple of years and originally only worked on Linux, however there have been some modifications

Hopefully someone from mlbviewer will pick it up, or, as mentioned later in that thread, get VLC/mplayer/ffmpeg to support this flavor of hls.

(2015-04-22, 16:23)sdsnyr94 Wrote: to make it compatible on Windows and the Raspberry Pi. The mlb-hls file would retrieve the feed and store the file in a temp directory (location of temp directory was changeable in the settings), and MLBMC would play from that file. There were a couple of issues with this approach... the first being if you are on a device with limited storage space. I had an ION PC running Openelec installed on a 4GB USB drive and while watching a game it would crash about half-way

If somehow we could get it to use a ring buffer that would help, but I have no idea if that's possible or how to get mlbhls and Kodi to interact on that.

(2015-04-22, 16:23)sdsnyr94 Wrote: the latter since it would make it platform agnostic, and should avoid the issues I mentioned. Also, is there a better way to handle the log in? It appears that each time I switch games it performs a log in, making it easy to lock the account. I know you mentioned a log out button but I do not see how it will avoid this issue because it seems to be the number of login attempts in a short time.... not the number of concurrent logins.

I intended to do some testing on that because I noticed I was getting some "too many login" errors when restarting the video multiple times. It appears the intention of the code is to keep the login credentials, but it may not be working that way. My testing wasn't rigorous but when I was flipping between Chrome and Kodi and logging out each time it did seem to help with the lockout. But reducing unnecessary logins is the goal.

(2015-04-22, 16:23)sdsnyr94 Wrote: You also mentioned about the Live DVR function... in which the only feature we had was just the ability to select the innings. Rewinding or fast forwarding really did not work as you were only limited to the data that you had stored in the temp directory. If you set to buffer to 30 seconds before beginning playback, it gave you a little wiggle room, but really nothing to write home about. I have mentioned it here before, Timewasted's NHL add-on did a fantastic job of creating the Live DVR... I could watch a game from the start at any time, and easily skip the commercials and intermissions.

I thought about investigating that, too. When a game is archived the rtmp version works well - 960x540 is fine, and skipping around works great. I'd love to save the whole stream when watching a game live - just buffer it all and be able to skip back and forth. One could pause and let some time build up then come back to it. But I don't know enough about Kodi or video streams at the moment. I will look into that addon and see if there are any similarities that will be helpful. Or erhaps capturing some network traffic with MLB.tv's Live DVR on a Windows box to see what sort of requests it is sending will help.