Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Burbulence - 2012-08-25

(2012-08-25, 15:51)steve1977 Wrote: This has come a long way and I can only say WOW!!! This is truly impressive and really great to have a full app for it all.

Have a few feature requests to even further enhance it (mainly related to menu and trakt):

1) Would be great if you allow to customizethe main menu (e.g., disable youtube item)

This is already possible, in settings menu, under manage heading there is customise menu option to enable or disable main menu items.

Quote:4) What's the difference betwen "Movies" and "Movies collection"? And again, would be great to have this optional to display

Movies collection is movie sets, xbmc, if you have it enabled, groups movies in to sets like the die hard movies etc

Quote:7) Any chance to have it cache my XBMC library incl posters and fanart. Want to show off my collection even once I am offline

Again, very cool work. Thanks again!!!

I agree it would be great for constellation to store the cache and not sync on every connection, maybe daily or have a customisable option for time between syncing, can't remember if it's been suggested already?

As for the trakt questions someone else would have to comment on that, I'm still a trakt noob!

(2012-08-25, 15:17)dajoip Wrote: I get the beta testing emails for new versions of Constellation and after the last update, I installed and then opened it up. It opens with a message saying that I need to restore my previous purchase of XBMC Constellation, so I go to "Restore purchases" and type in my Apple ID password and it says "This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment. [Environment: Sandbox]"...and then..."Restore error - This is not a Test User account." It then brings me into the app where there are huge banner advertisements across the bottom of the app.

Please help me with this, I've paid for the app and I don't think I should have to figure out how to restore my previous purchase - I also don't want to pay for the app a 2nd time, as others have reported.

David

I had this, is your iPad jailbroken? If it is according to google its an apple thing to stop jb'd devices from using in app purchases

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - iorifly - 2012-08-25

I wonder which scraper to use the synopsis does not get bad with text

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - NaDs - 2012-08-26

Put this up on xbmc constellation Facebook page but might get more of a reply here

Loving the iPad app version,
Few suggestions I would like to see added
- YouTube comments
- Ability to add YouTube videos to your youtube account playlist or favourites list
- Ability to "play all" and "shuffle and play all" on YouTube playlists and favourites
- Different YouTube views (thumbnail view)
- Music section sorted by artists with cd album art, not the name of the actual album 
- Files section, folder.jpg used as poster view 

Thanks

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - steve1977 - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-25, 17:41)Burbulence Wrote: Movies collection is movie sets, xbmc, if you have it enabled, groups movies in to sets like the die hard movies etc

Thanks for your replis and great to see the customizable menu already working. Movies and movies collection is also trakt related and has nothing to do with movie sets. Please see my updated feature request list below:

Overall feature requests
* Would be great if you allow to customizethe main menu (e.g., disable youtube item)

* Any chance to have it cache my XBMC library incl posters and fanart. Want to show off my collection even once I am offline. "XBMC Commander app" has a feature and you may be able to borrow from this functionality.

* Would be great to allow updating CP, HP and SB through Constellation and also indicate if / whether there is an update available

* iCloud sync of settings between ipad and iphone

TRAKT related requests (pls take a look at "2nd screen app" that has most of below implemented already)
* Would be great to have the "red ribbon" and "blue ribbon" added to the trakt movies (blue for collection, red for watchlist)

* Also, would love to customize trakt. For example, I don't want to show "recommended movies", but instead the most watched movies (daily).

* What's the difference betwen "Movies" and "Movies collection" in trakt? And again, would be great to have this optional to display

* Would love to add "friends" to trakt

* Would be great to show "top rental movies", "new DVD releases" in trakt. Take a look how it is implemented in "2nd screen"

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - steve1977 - 2012-08-26

One more question. I don't get sabnzbd set up over reverse proxies. Can someone post its setting. Most importantly, what's the prefix and port?

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - iorifly - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-25, 21:21)iorifly Wrote: I wonder which scraper to use the synopsis does not get bad with text

?

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Burbulence - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-26, 08:15)iorifly Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 21:21)iorifly Wrote: I wonder which scraper to use the synopsis does not get bad with text

?

Don't get what you mean, Imdb and MovieDB don't return bad text in the synopsis?

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Burbulence - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-26, 03:15)steve1977 Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 17:41)Burbulence Wrote: Movies collection is movie sets, xbmc, if you have it enabled, groups movies in to sets like the die hard movies etc

Thanks for your replis and great to see the customizable menu already working. Movies and movies collection is also trakt related and has nothing to do with movie sets. Please see my updated feature request list below:

Sorry I thought you meant collections inside constellation... Trakt collections I believe are your movie and tv show library, I'm told you can upload you library to trakt for better recommendations etc... Not a feature I think I'll use though!

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - njpoultry - 2012-08-26

I have the Tunein Radio plugin installed but it does not show in the list of available plugins/scripts in the Constellation remote. Any ideas?

Version 2.81 on Ipad2
XBMC: Eden running on HTPC

Thanks for any help.

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - iorifly - 2012-08-26

(2012-08-26, 10:09)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 08:15)iorifly Wrote:

?

Don't get what you mean, Imdb and MovieDB don't return bad text in the synopsis?

I'm from Brazil Pt-br language synopsis of my characters are coming with illegible!

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Archigos - 2012-08-27

njpoultry:
Can you post a screenshot? If I'm reading your post right, you may have a slightly incorrect idea of how that's supposed to work. Because of the way XBMC handles plugins, they can't be sent to Constellation (or any other remote currently) so you should be just navigating around (up,down,left,right,enter,etc.) as it changes on XBMC itself. If you meant when you pull down the top panel and touch the puzzle piece to add plugins to the little tray, do you notice any plugins/scripts other than TuneIn missing? If it's just that one, it may have something to do with that specific one in which case they'd have to fix it since something obviously isn't correct... if you notice others missing as well, can you PM me a list of some so I can test them out and see if I can figure this out for you?

iorifly:
You mean when you're looking at the iPad/iPhone the text isn't right (special characters don't work) ? Sounds to me that it may be a utf-8 issue... I haven't noticed a visible difference in the font used in the app, but it may have changed.

Is there any way you can take a screenshot of this issue and also write out how it's supposed to appear? (If it only happens on new items, it may be a scraper issue and not Constellation)

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - FSS_Dawid - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-26, 17:00)iorifly Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 10:09)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-08-26, 08:15)iorifly Wrote: ?

I'm from Brazil Pt-br language synopsis of my characters are coming with illegible!
Are you using a MySQL DB running on windows ?

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - b7ets - 2012-08-27

Hi did you have any luck with the request below please. I understand you are busy. I did private message you but had no response as of yet. Thank you.

Sorry it took a couple days (the forums don't seem to email me on responses anymore)...
(2012-08-13 17:03)b7ets Wrote:
Can you give me a bit more information...
What version of iOS on your iPad? 5.1.1
What version of Constellation? 2.2.4
What Operating System on the system that worked? Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
What version of XBMC (from working system)? 11.0 Eden
What version of OS and XBMC from system that didn't work? Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - 11.0 Eden
Do you have an 'advancedsettings.xml' for either system? I dont really know what this means or is so im assuming No I dont

Thank for your assistance so far.
Based on the above, I have a few ideas, but mostly they boil down to a network issue (either the port is blocked, routed wrong, or in use by something else). Can you verify that the two computers are using DIFFERENT ports for XBMC (found in XBMC's Network Settings). You can have the same username/password/etc. but the port number needs to be changed... (example, on my network I have my HTPC/Server on port 85, test laptop on 86, desktop on 87). If you think it'd be easier to debug this using a normal instant messenger, you can feel free to PM which one you use along with the username and we can try to work it out that way (please do not post your IM username in the open forum, trust me, you don't want spam bots or something getting it).

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - macha-one - 2012-08-27

Hi,

1st post here.
i ve set up constaltion on my iPad. It connects well to my xbmc on my apple tv 1 and on the other host which is my mac.
I can remotely control both.
I would like to be able to watch the content of XBMC on my mac like i do with my apple tv on the constelation app on my iPad.
Is this possible?
I can see all my movies in my vieodirectory including artwork, dicriptions etc.
when i click a movie it plays. But only on the host and not on the iPad in constellation.

I have the free version installed. Maybe I need the pro version?

hope this can be done and someone can give me directions how to do this.

kind regards jane

RE: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - dajoip - 2012-08-27

(2012-08-25, 17:41)Burbulence Wrote:
(2012-08-25, 15:17)dajoip Wrote: I get the beta testing emails for new versions of Constellation and after the last update, I installed and then opened it up. It opens with a message saying that I need to restore my previous purchase of XBMC Constellation, so I go to "Restore purchases" and type in my Apple ID password and it says "This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment. [Environment: Sandbox]"...and then..."Restore error - This is not a Test User account." It then brings me into the app where there are huge banner advertisements across the bottom of the app.

Please help me with this, I've paid for the app and I don't think I should have to figure out how to restore my previous purchase - I also don't want to pay for the app a 2nd time, as others have reported.

David

I had this, is your iPad jailbroken? If it is according to google its an apple thing to stop jb'd devices from using in app purchases

No, it's not. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Constellation; restarting the ipad; uninstalling/reinstalling the TestFlight app...nothing works. I'd really like to not have to pay the fee again, as I've seen others in here have ended up doing.