Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- Archigos - 2011-10-09

U5tabil Wrote:That explains the same problem i have with the media not updating. I have a build from oktober 8. When and wgat will i need to do to get the media working again.
How far back do i need to go getting it to work. Or in other words how long do i need to wait before it will work?

You'd need a Nightly from BEFORE Sept. 3rd for it to function properly. However if I remember correct, going from Oct. 8 back to Sept. 3 wont work in your case without having to setup your library again (near the end of Sept. the database structure changes a little) so if you want to end up doing that, you'll need to find a Sept. 3 (or earlier) copy of XBMC and when you install that you have to delete the database you already have and start over on that.

As far as how long to wait, they are still working on the new version... Since Team XBMC finally did a feature freeze on Eden it should make things a lot easier for updates and compatibility.

P.S. The current version from iTunes DOES work on iOS5 as long as your XBMC is still in the date range mentioned above. I'm using Constellation on my CDMA iPhone4 (iOS5) with no problems. I haven't updated my iPad to iOS5 yet, but I don't foresee an issue. Sorry I haven't been around much lately.

- kexet - 2011-10-09

Love the app. BUT, why dosent the "pull this view to explore more" work on iphone? I guess this is where the actual control (play, stop, forward etc) is? So the way it is now i cant pause or edit volyme when i watch a movie.

- Archigos - 2011-10-09

kexet Wrote:Love the app. BUT, why dosent the "pull this view to explore more" work on iphone? I guess this is where the actual control (play, stop, forward etc) is? So the way it is now i cant pause or edit volyme when i watch a movie.

It works fine on my iPhone {CDMA} (on both 4.2.6 and 5.0), I don't remember which post exactly, but somewhere in the last couple pages I did a post with a few images that shows the controls on the iPhone. Essentially grab the title area where it would say what is playing and drag down, it should go to about half screen, this is the basic controls for the app... (the play, stop, forward, etc.) and if you grab that title again and drag to the bottom of the screen, you should get the gesture section with the volume control on the left side of it.

I'm about to go to sleep, but sometime later today if I find the post I'll edit this with a direct link.

--Edit--
This post.

ios5 ipad - littleStudent - 2011-10-09

seems to work quiet well on IOS5 (iPhone)
but there is a problem with the iPad

pulling down the controlls will get you stuck, since clicking somewhere to hide the controlls again will let the app crash!

1 thing i really miss: i'd like to start a whole playlist, for now it seems i can open my list, but just start / add single tracks

- m0v1em4n - 2011-10-09

Hi Guys,

I bought the pro version on my ipad can I also install the pro version on my iphone as well, or would i have to pay again

- Archigos - 2011-10-09

littleStudent Wrote:seems to work quiet well on IOS5 (iPhone)
but there is a problem with the iPad

pulling down the controlls will get you stuck, since clicking somewhere to hide the controlls again will let the app crash!

1 thing i really miss: i'd like to start a whole playlist, for now it seems i can open my list, but just start / add single tracks

Are you referencing the iPad on iOS5 as well? I've only upgraded my iPhone so far (wanted to test iOS5 first), so my iPad is still on 4.3.3 and the pull down works fine. Once in awhile it will act like the pull down sticks, but tapping below it an extra time (or two) normally makes it go away like it's supposed to. I haven't noticed crashes directly relating to that.

As far as the playlists, I haven't used them much and don't even know if I've really tried adding multiple items at once. I don't listen to much music so I just use video and mostly the 'one at a time' is the best way to add anyway.

I'll try to get in contact with Dawid and get a status update for everyone soon. (Need to talk to him about another project as well anyway.)

- Archigos - 2011-10-09

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Guys,

I bought the pro version on my ipad can I also install the pro version on my iphone as well, or would i have to pay again

You don't need to purchase pro on iPhone since you paid for the iPad... On the iPhone touch "Go Pro" and you'll see a button to "Restore Purchase" (might be worded slightly different) and it should ask you to login/verify your Apple ID and once you do it will unlock the full version (assuming the iPad and iPhone are both attached to the same Apple ID).

If you need any help let me know.

- littleStudent - 2011-10-09

Archigos Wrote:Are you referencing the iPad on iOS5 as well? I've only upgraded my iPhone so far (wanted to test iOS5 first), so my iPad is still on 4.3.3 and the pull down works fine. Once in awhile it will act like the pull down sticks, but tapping below it an extra time (or two) normally makes it go away like it's supposed to. I haven't noticed crashes directly relating to that.

As far as the playlists, I haven't used them much and don't even know if I've really tried adding multiple items at once. I don't listen to much music so I just use video and mostly the 'one at a time' is the best way to add anyway.

I'll try to get in contact with Dawid and get a status update for everyone soon. (Need to talk to him about another project as well anyway.)

i am on IOS5 with my iPad. And this is a reproduceable bug!

click on remote on the left side. and try to hide them again. it always crashes.
i just started using xbmc for my music too. and i miss this feature Wink

- Archigos - 2011-10-09

littleStudent Wrote:i am on IOS5 with my iPad. And this is a reproduceable bug!

click on remote on the left side. and try to hide them again. it always crashes.
i just started using xbmc for my music too. and i miss this feature Wink

I'll test this out in the next day or so... Only reason I haven't updated the iPad yet is that the upgrade process doesn't take long at all, but I'm still doing the initial sync on my iPhone. When I did the iOS5 test the first time (and borked it with something in Cydia that doesn't work yet) the first sync took over 24 hours to complete on a 32GB model that was like 80% full. Rolleyes My iPad is the 64GB model and has even less free space on it, so I'm not looking forward to that initial sync.

- ecopsorn - 2011-10-10

Hi there, great remote, bought it after 5 seconds Big Grin

I just have some future requests/questions/reports

1.) I can't toggle subtitles with this app (it works with other apps and with the keyboard shortcut "t". I might also press the wrong button haha. I'm linking the image from your forum thread http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa364/fssspzoo/XBMC%20Constallation/IMG_0007.png
--> on this image the second button from the upper right, the bubble thingy won't do anything, isn't this the subtitle button? The download subtitle button works, just the one next to it won't.
2.) I saw that you can scroll through the pictures, is it possible to view them in the app as well or will come in the future if at all?
3.) I have an external sound system, so the volume knob is not used. Would it be possible to replace the volume knob with the gesture tab? Like this I would have on the left side the gesture tab and on the right side the normal buttons.

great work!

- Archigos - 2011-10-10

ecopsorn Wrote:1.) I can't toggle subtitles with this app (it works with other apps and with the keyboard shortcut "t". I might also press the wrong button haha. I'm linking the image from your forum thread Image Clipped --> on this image the second button from the upper right, the bubble thingy won't do anything, isn't this the subtitle button? The download subtitle button works, just the one next to it won't.
2.) I saw that you can scroll through the pictures, is it possible to view them in the app as well or will come in the future if at all?
3.) I have an external sound system, so the volume knob is not used. Would it be possible to replace the volume knob with the gesture tab? Like this I would have on the left side the gesture tab and on the right side the normal buttons.

1. I don't normally use subtitles so I'll probably have to dig through my media to find a file to test that with. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.

2. This feature is on the to-do list for a future version of the app, so for now you can't view them native on the app.

3. No idea if they plan on trying that, but it wasn't on the to-do list as far as I know. I rarely change the volume of X by itself and just use the TV volume so even without the external sound system that seems like it could be an interesting idea.

- dev-null - 2011-10-10

ecopsorn Wrote:I can't toggle subtitles with this app (it works with other apps and with the keyboard shortcut "t". I might also press the wrong button haha.

The subtitle toggle button is very critical to me too. Please take the time to implement it correctly. I bought the app already and it's very nice and useful. I just need the subtitle button to throw away my old physical remote.

- ecopsorn - 2011-10-10

Archigos Wrote:1. I don't normally use subtitles so I'll probably have to dig through my media to find a file to test that with. Maybe someone else can chime in on this one.
dev-null reported the same issue just one post below. I guess it's a very simple thing to fix for the dev's, hopefully we'll get an update soon.
On the other remote I bought "HippoRemote", there's also a Macro for "Next Subtitle". This comes in handy when you have several subtitles with different languages. Could the button work as a enable/disable switch as well as a next subtitle switch.... like this:
*ButtonPress* --> Enable Subtitle 1 --> *ButtonPress* --> Subtitle 2 --> *ButtonPress* --> Disable Subtitles

Quote:2. This feature is on the to-do list for a future version of the app, so for now you can't view them native on the app.
Great, looking forward to it.

Quote:3. No idea if they plan on trying that, but it wasn't on the to-do list as far as I know. I rarely change the volume of X by itself and just use the TV volume so even without the external sound system that seems like it could be an interesting idea.
I also believe they won't because I'm probably the first one who ever came up with such a crazy idea haha, but worth asking anyway Nod

- bleze - 2011-10-10

Something as good as this should be featured on the main page of xbmc.org! I didn't notice the app until yesterday. Bought it in a heartbeat

- m0v1em4n - 2011-10-10

Archigos Wrote:I'll try to get in contact with Dawid and get a status update for everyone soon. (Need to talk to him about another project as well anyway.)

Would be nice to here from Dawid, don't think he as been on here for a week or so

Quote:You don't need to purchase pro on iPhone since you paid for the iPad... On the iPhone touch "Go Pro" and you'll see a button to "Restore Purchase"

Thanks Archigos