Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- clipper99 - 2011-10-29

This app is the bomb! I recently switched from another remote that up until a couple of days ago wasn't compatible with Pre-Eden nightlies but now there's no going back. Smile

One feature I'm really digging is browsing YouTube vids through the app and sending them for viewing to the TV.

Any chance at all of putting the idea in the devs head of adding Vimeo support using the same method? YouTube is great and all for crappy, grainy vids but Vimeo has much better quality. Well, that and the fact that all my vids go to Vimeo exclusively. Rolleyes

Cheers

- formula - 2011-10-30

still got the same problem updated to recent build still no joy :confused2:

- Burbulence - 2011-10-30

formula Wrote:still got the same problem updated to recent build still no joy :confused2:

Odd... I'm currently running the 15th oct build, with no issues, all thumbs show up on the home screen, granted they take a little time to show up but as long as the triangle goes green in the upper left corner there is no reason why they shouldn't...

I'll update to the 29th build and get back to youHuh

- spitz66 - 2011-10-30

This looks really good, great job!
Would it be possible to implement functions to interact with for example Eventghost?
Like mapping a key to send commands to Eventghost webserver.
HTTP request like:
http://serverort?xxx would do the job
In that case it would be possible to power on your receiver or turn on lights etc from inside your app. Nod

- formula - 2011-10-30

Burbulence Wrote:Odd... I'm currently running the 15th oct build, with no issues, all thumbs show up on the home screen, granted they take a little time to show up but as long as the triangle goes green in the upper left corner there is no reason why they shouldn't...

I'll update to the 29th build and get back to youHuh

Thanks Burb ! il keep an eye out Smile

- m0v1em4n - 2011-10-30

spitz66 Wrote:This looks really good, great job!
Would it be possible to implement functions to interact with for example Eventghost?
Like mapping a key to send commands to Eventghost webserver.
HTTP request like:
http://serverort?xxx would do the job
In that case it would be possible to power on your receiver or turn on lights etc from inside your app. Nod

Think it's on the to do list, Dawid mentioned somewhere in this thread

- Burbulence - 2011-10-30

formula Wrote:Thanks Burb ! il keep an eye out Smile

Ok so now running the 29th build, and still have no issues,

Here's my set:

Atv2 iOS 4.3.3
iPad iOS 4.3.3
Constellation 1.5.1
Pre-Eden nightly 29th oct

All I can say is check to make sure you have the correct setting checked in. Settings> network> services>

Allow control of xbmc via http
And
Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc

Did you give it time to update? Mine can do it instantly or take a few mins, I would clear the cache and start again, there shouldn't be any reason why it won't work Huh

Edit: just flushed out mine, and rebooted my iPad, it took app 30 secs to get a Green light, and a further 10 to get the recent images to show up on the home screen

- formula - 2011-10-30

Burbulence Wrote:Ok so now running the 29th build, and still have no issues,

Here's my set:

Atv2 iOS 4.3.3
iPad iOS 4.3.3
Constellation 1.5.1
Pre-Eden nightly 29th oct

All I can say is check to make sure you have the correct setting checked in. Settings> network> services>

And

Did you give it time to update? Mine can do it instantly or take a few mins, I would clear the cache and start again, there shouldn't be any reason why it won't work Huh

Edit: just flushed out mine, and rebooted my iPad, it took app 30 secs to get a Green light, and a further 10 to get the recent images to show up on the home screen

Hi there again .. lol

my constellation is build 1.5.1

iPad 1 running IOS 5

port 9777 open also tried 9090 or even my own port 8181

XBMC build is PRE-11.0 Git:20111029-c5651f0 (Complied:Oct 30 2011)

did flush cashe and re sync data .. still the same

if you want ! send me your email in a private message and i can send you some pics - of the system screens aswell as constellation screens .. its not an emergency its just one of them things that bug you .. lol i can live with it Wink

it could be i keep all my movies on a different hard drive than my system maybe its just a bug

- Burbulence - 2011-10-31

formula Wrote:it could be i keep all my movies on a different hard drive than my system maybe its just a bug

Doubt that as xbmc stores all the thumbs locally unless you've set up path substitution with mysql... Anyway not the point!!!

I've got all my movies on a nas drive as most others do too,

I've sent you a pm, send over those pics or it'll bug me that you can't get it going!

- formula - 2011-10-31

Burbulence Wrote:Doubt that as xbmc stores all the thumbs locally unless you've set up path substitution with mysql... Anyway not the point!!!

I've got all my movies on a nas drive as most others do too,

I've sent you a pm, send over those pics or it'll bug me that you can't get it going!

e - mail sent ... thanks again Smile

Most Remote buttons don't work - mach170 - 2011-10-31

I just installed the latest Constellation build (1.5.1) on an iPad 2 (4.3.5) and HTTP and JSON connect good (both green).

When I open the Remote panel, only the center playback controls and the volume wheel work.

I can't get any of the other buttons on the panel to work.

I loaded the XBMC remote app on my Android phone and all the remote buttons work on that one.

Any ideasHuh

- formula - 2011-10-31

mach170 Wrote:I just installed the latest Constellation build (1.5.1) on an iPad 2 (4.3.5) and HTTP and JSON connect good (both green).

When I open the Remote panel, only the center playback controls and the volume wheel work.

I can't get any of the other buttons on the panel to work.

I loaded the XBMC remote app on my Android phone and all the remote buttons work on that one.

Any ideasHuh

in the configure & Manage tab on constellation try flicking the event server on and see if that sorts your remote control out Smile

formula Wrote:e - mail sent ... thanks again Smile

Don't know what to say man... I've just set up a new version of xbmc running on my laptop, 31st nightly and it works right out the box, no issues, have the exact settings you have from the screens you sent, So I'm stuck... Unless, do you have inbound and outbound access to that port in your firewallHuh

- formula - 2011-10-31

Burbulence Wrote:Don't know what to say man... I've just set up a new version of xbmc running on my laptop, 31st nightly and it works right out the box, no issues, have the exact settings you have from the screens you sent, So I'm stuck... Unless, do you have inbound and outbound access to that port in your firewallHuh

as far as i know about the inbound and outbound ports , like i said before i updated to 1.5.1 the recently added thumbnails worked but i didnt get the thumbnail on the remote while something is playing .. now i dont get recently added thumbs except movies but the thumbnail on the remote works .. lol

ive just changed my skin on xbmc to xeebo skin and the issue has come up theres no recent thumbnails for TV and Albums , so im thinking its a skin issue , going to load the defualt skin see if i get any joy , failing that i might remove tv and album souces and re add them to the library or backup library and reload it from file ... il try that .. lol anyway thanks for your time on this Wink

formula Wrote:as far as i know about the inbound and outbound ports , like i said before i updated to 1.5.1 the recently added thumbnails worked but i didnt get the thumbnail on the remote while something is playing .. now i dont get recently added thumbs except movies but the thumbnail on the remote works .. lol

ive just changed my skin on xbmc to xeebo skin and the issue has come up theres no recent thumbnails for TV and Albums , so im thinking its a skin issue , going to load the defualt skin see if i get any joy , failing that i might remove tv and album souces and re add them to the library or backup library and reload it from file ... il try that .. lol anyway thanks for your time on this Wink

You might be on to something there, I'll look at xeebo later, as for all my set ups I stuck with confluence