Kodi Community Forum
XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: XBMC Constellation For iPad/iPhone by FSS.cc (unofficial remote) (/showthread.php?tid=104567)

- Boboman - 2011-12-08

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Nop this is definitely not the problem. The adds will just not load if you don't have WAN access.

Can you give me some more details?
iPhone/Ipad
OS Version?
JB ?

If I disable Wifi (giving the ipad internet access via 3G) I can start the app, and if i'm lucky I can just cykle the app turning wifi on and it works - for a short period which feels like its untill the next time its trying to load adds - but i'm just guessing.

I'm using a iPad 2 with iOS 5, its not JB'd.

Edit: Maybe I should mention that I got the app to run fine the first time after I installed it as well, its synced with my XBMC etc.
Thanks.

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-12-08

Boboman Wrote:If I disable Wifi (giving the ipad internet access via 3G) I can start the app, and if i'm lucky I can just cykle the app turning wifi on and it works - for a short period which feels like its untill the next time its trying to load adds - but i'm just guessing.

Edit: Maybe I should mention that I got the app to run fine the first time I installed it as well, its synced with my XBMC etc.
Thanks.

Have you tried reinstalling ? Or removing DB ?

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-12-08

If somone is out there using a iPad and the PVR version of XBMC and is willing to beta test the new version of Constellation please send me a PM or a e-mail: support_antyspam_fss.cc

- Boboman - 2011-12-08

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Have you tried reinstalling ? Or removing DB ?

Reinstalled the app twice - same same. :/

- Archigos - 2011-12-08

Boboman Wrote:If I disable Wifi (giving the ipad internet access via 3G) I can start the app, and if i'm lucky I can just cykle the app turning wifi on and it works - for a short period which feels like its untill the next time its trying to load adds - but i'm just guessing.

Thanks.

My guess is it is somehow related to the Ad-hoc network you've created to split the single target modem. I'm not sure of how your network setup is, if you use a 'real' 3G Modem (not a USB stick kind) would you be able to run that into your Wifi router (and clone the computer's MAC address to it if that's how they are locking the single target)? If you wouldn't mind, could you PM me your screen name for any of the major IM clients (AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc.) and we could try to chat that way to see if there is anything I can do to help you. Another option (if you're in the US) is I can attempt to provide phone support as well.

- FSS_Dawid - 2011-12-08

Boboman Wrote:Reinstalled the app twice - same same. :/

Did you reinstall it from Appstore or from itunes ?

- Boboman - 2011-12-08

FSS_Dawid Wrote:Did you reinstall it from Appstore or from itunes ?

Appstore.

@ Archigos - I'm on my way home atm, will give you more info in a few.

- Archigos - 2011-12-08

Boboman Wrote:Appstore.

@ Archigos - I'm on my way home atm, will give you more info in a few.

No problem... I should be around most of the day

- Burbulence - 2011-12-08

FSS_Dawid Wrote:If somone is out there using a iPad and the PVR version of XBMC and is willing to beta test the new version of Constellation please send me a PM or a e-mail: support_antyspam_fss.cc

if you can point me in the direction of a build im happy to install it and see what i can do for you!

- Archigos - 2011-12-08

I know that version 1.5.1 is currently the latest version available on the App Store, but the next version is coming very soon, so I figured I'd post a few tips in a 'faux' Q&A style to give some of this threads faithful followers a jump start on how to do some of the things that have been asked about recently. Just a reminder, these comments are about a version that is not yet released but are intended to guide you to where the relevant settings/feature is.

Q.) Why is XBMC 'flaky' for about 15 seconds or so whenever Constellation starts?
A.) This is NOT due to the Sync, but is actually due to the way XBMC handles the notifications. If you experience this (or just hate the little pop-up in XBMC) go to Apple's Settings (not Constellations) and turn off "Notify on Connection".
--Edit Start--
It still stutters once in awhile on connect, but WAY less then it used to, especially if you turn off Notification as stated above
--Edit End--

Q.) I use custom transparent PNG's for my movie covers. Why is it they appear normal at first, but have a white background after restarting the app?
A.) Not many people use(d) custom PNG's, so Constellation saved the cache in a different way, it's fixed now. Go to Apple's Settings and turn on "Alpha Channel".

Q.) Does Constellation support PVR versions of XBMC?
A.) Yes, there's a section in the Apple's Settings for PVR (one to turn on the feature, another to set the guide cache, defaults to 4 hours)

Q.) The new TVTunes feature seems cool, but it's annoying having the iPad play it when XBMC does, can that change?
A.) If you want TVTunes to play while browsing around on the iPad, but not play when XBMC does it, go to Apple's Settings and under "TV Tunes" turn on "Enabled" and "Auto Play" and turn off "Play TVTunes while XBMC is playing".

Q.) Have they address the iPad going to sleep when Constellation is running, it's annoying to have to keep playing with it so it doesn't shut off.
A.) In Constellation, go to Settings (the Cog icon) and turn on "Disable Idle Timer".

Q.) The app would always crash if I scrolled too fast up or down one of my lists (TV, Movies, Albums, etc.)...
A.) I managed to scroll a list of about 1000 movies and about 300 tv shows with absolutely no problems, in fact, it feels like the images appear even quicker now.

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-08

Archigos Wrote:I know that version 1.5.1 is currently the latest version available on the App Store, but the next version is coming very soon, so I figured I'd post a few tips in a 'faux' Q&A style to give some of this threads faithful followers a jump start on how to do some of the things that have been asked about recently. Just a reminder, these comments are about a version that is not yet released but are intended to guide you to where the relevant settings/feature is.

Q.) I use custom transparent PNG's for my movie covers. Why is it they appear normal at first, but have a white background after restarting the app?
A.) Not many people use(d) custom PNG's, so Constellation saved the cache in a different way, it's fixed now. Go to Apple's Settings and turn on "Alpha Channel".

Yes it work just fine now

Hi Dawid hope its OK to post this

Also one tip from me

In the first drop down menu Configure & manage most the button are what FSS.cc call safe button and as such you have to press and hold until the blue line encircles the button,
I believe they are normal press button on the app store version.
These button are also available in the command management

A very nice touch any way

- Boboman - 2011-12-08

Just a quick FYI regarding my problem.
It seems like I got one of the iPad 2s with bad Wifi handling/bad Wifi card - and it's whats causing my problems. (Black screen and app crashes).
I shall take it back to the store and see if I can get it replaced.

Thanks for the support however.

- Archigos - 2011-12-09

m0v1em4n Wrote:Yes it work just fine now

Hi Dawid hope its OK to post this

Also one tip from me

In the first drop down menu Configure & manage most the button are what FSS.cc call safe button and as such you have to press and hold until the blue line encircles the button,
I believe they are normal press button on the app store version.
These button are also available in the command management

A very nice touch any way

I knew I was forgetting a big one... Love the safe button... I was hitting those by accident so damn often before while testing... It's so annoying to update the library (by accident) like a dozen times in an hour Big Grin

@Boboman
It sucks you got a model with bad wifi, but think of it this way... At least you found out early instead of it dying after warranty. I hope they'll be able to switch it for you quickly and not spoil your first iDevice experience.

- m0v1em4n - 2011-12-09

Hi Archigos

Could you give some pointers on the command management, some I understand but others I am not sure on Huh

- Archigos - 2011-12-09

m0v1em4n Wrote:Hi Archigos

Could you give some pointers on the command management, some I understand but others I am not sure on Huh

Sure, no problem, those should probably be via PM for now... just so we don't spoil too much. Wink